Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

2009 Sharing Lungs Music Draft (Discussion)

Started by theis, Apr 27, 2009, 05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

seriously, Theis, the fact that we're 3 in one poll is insanely unfair.
looking from the perspective of voters and their likes it is impossible to win if you don't have a user friendly list. what I mean is - if, say, I was in a match with one other person, there's a 50/50 chance I win, and now there's only 33 % chance. = not equal rights for all the players. you should have made it in a more democratic way.

plus, seriously - we've been choosing bands for a month and now in a week all three rounds roll and somebody wins?

I am displeased

yes I am too much into this

tarkil

You're all right it sucks balls the way it's done...
Thank God I didn't bother to participate in the first place, I would have been so pissed right now !

I thought that there would at least be rounds between each band, and, the winner band stays, the loser one gets eliminated, and we keep the last person with some bands left at the end to be the winner... Or something similar...

But this way is bleh.....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Livewire

i thought it was going to be more like the march madness bracket

defskull

Yeah someone could have easily had a bye.  I'd be okay with that.  But whatever I'm probably not voting for anyone.  Picking bands was a fun process.

defskull

Ehh I changed my mind, I will be voting. 

theis

wow you people bitch a lot.
this is the way it's done. don't like it? too fucking bad.

i was trying to do something different, just for fun.

Quote from: lostpilot on May 27, 2009, 07:13 AM

plus, seriously - we've been choosing bands for a month and now in a week all three rounds roll and somebody wins?

what else did you think was going to happen? jeez, it's a silly draft. did you wanted it to last for several months from now on or what?

Crazylegs

Quote from: lostpilot on May 27, 2009, 07:13 AM
looking from the perspective of voters and their likes it is impossible to win if you don't have a user friendly list.

If i'm not mistaken, the whole point is to pick a list of bands you think will be voted on.

lostpilot

Crazylegs

if you thought the point was something else, i guess you did. Not saying your list was bad though.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Livewire on May 27, 2009, 07:39 AM
i thought it was going to be more like the march madness bracket
ooh i like that idea

but still, this was fun, a great idea. there are always flaws when something is done for the first time. we should do it again eventually, but maybe modify some aspects just to try them out.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defTHE1s

Quote from: tarkil on May 27, 2009, 07:28 AM
I thought that there would at least be rounds between each band, and, the winner band stays, the loser one gets eliminated, and we keep the last person with some bands left at the end to be the winner... Or something similar...
that's a good idea IMHO...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

oldgentlovecraft

Hell, I had fun so we should just wrap this one up and do it again with different rules.  I knew I'd get raped seeing as my tastes, although varied, are nothing like the rest of yours lol.  My ass was sore when I made my first pick!  It's cool to finally see everything matched up though and I'd definitely go again.

theis

yeah people are welcome to come with suggestions regarding the rules. this was my first time trying this so yea, not everything can be perfect.
glad some still had fun :)

An bád dubh

Yeah, this was fun. Made the rainy spring that much nicer for 3 weeks  8)

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: penguin in the desert on May 27, 2009, 04:47 PM
yeah people are welcome to come with suggestions regarding the rules. this was my first time trying this so yea, not everything can be perfect.
glad some still had fun :)

You did good and kept us entertained.  Maybe we could tweak a few things, but I think it was an excellent idea.  We should have drafts for all sorts of shit, like video games and movies.

theis

Jacob

it was fun picking bands. dunno about doing it again tho, maybe just let a new bunch of people do it? we're just gonna pick pretty much the same bands next time. and if we don't get to pick any of the bands we picked this time, next time it'll only be obscure bands no one has heard of... actually, that sounds kinda interesting.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

Round 2 has kicked in. Head over to the games zone and vote :)

Scarf_Bitch

\

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?