Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

2009 Sharing Lungs Music Draft (Discussion)

Started by theis, Apr 27, 2009, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An bád dubh

In reference to my last post, well, if I think about it, maybe 3 people will check out the band that I post on the Great Unknown Bands thread. Therefore when it comes down to voting even thouhg the 3 people would like the band the rest of the people will be like "what is that band on that guy's list at number 3, I ain't voting for something that I don't know". Thus I shall revise my plan and go for a bit more well known bands still at least for a couple of rounds more.  ;)

defskull

Damn I didn't think Circa Survive would get picked up.  I figured I could get them whenever.  Also, when it comes to voting I think that we should not be allowed to vote for ourselves, and to further this, when we vote should have to post who we voted for. 

And I wouldn't worry about lesser known bands.  Perhaps each pick could have a link to their myspace page?

An bád dubh

Good points bro. The myspace links thing would be a good idea too.

An bád dubh

Oh by the way, I'm actually not happy with picking Circa Survive after Dredg and The Mars Volta. I wanted to make a versatile list so that's what I will do. I will forget the "not picking unknown bands because people might not vote for them". So, if you people allow, I shall change my 3rd pick from Circa Survive to Wax Tailor.

I'll change it back to Circa Survive if anyone objects the change.

Jacob

I'm fine with people changing their minds as long as the next person hasn't posted already! no going back and changing whenever, that'd mean chaos.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Jacob

damn, I was gonna pick Pink Floyd next.

defskull

I had the genius idea today of picking Faith No More but you had to pick it.

Jacob

haha, of course. they're my favorite band! I was thinking of picking them both first and second as well.

I think I need to make up a list of bands and not just pick whatever I think of at the moment...

defskull

I agree.  I regret picking Posion the Well so early.  Planning is required for good picks.

An bád dubh

Quote from: aenemic on May 08, 2009, 09:49 AM
I'm fine with people changing their minds as long as the next person hasn't posted already! no going back and changing whenever, that'd mean chaos.
Same here brotha.

An bád dubh

Quote from: defskull on May 08, 2009, 10:29 AM
I agree.  I regret picking Posion the Well so early.  Planning is required for good picks.
This shit is going fast today, you're up again defskull  8)

defskull

An bád dubh

Quote from: defskull on May 08, 2009, 10:49 AM
I took Circa Survive from you
Haha, nice pick brotha! Heeeey, can I go back and change to Circa Survive? JUST KIDDING!   8)
But yeah, Circa Survive is awesome, you just made your list more appealing at least for me when it comes down to voting.

Jacob

Damian Marley! nice pick there, mate!

An bád dubh

Quote from: aenemic on May 08, 2009, 11:27 AM
Damian Marley! nice pick there, mate!
Thanks bro! He is pretty awesome.

theis

Oh yeah, you are welcome to post youtube videos and myspace pages when you draft a band.

When it's time to vote I'll make polls. I think it's invetable that people with vote for themself. If both persons in the poll votes for themself it wont matter anything anyways.

and yeah, people should write who they vote for.

I think I'll set up the voting polls in the game section so they wont completely overflow this music section.

Jacob

why even make a poll then? just let people post and count the votes. a little more work, yes. but better in the end, I think. then we can't vote on ourselves at least.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: An bád dubh on May 08, 2009, 10:49 AM
Quote from: defskull on May 08, 2009, 10:29 AM
This shit is going fast today, you're up again defskull  8)
yeah but PTW was definitely on my list of bands to take.

Same with the PIXIES theis! goddamnit!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defTHE1s

Quote from: aenemic on May 08, 2009, 01:05 PM
why even make a poll then? just let people post and count the votes. a little more work, yes. but better in the end, I think. then we can't vote on ourselves at least.
i'm just following this "game", but i think it's a good idea the one that aenemic says on how to vote.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...