Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones facebook/twitter/myspace/website updates.

Started by beLIEve, May 05, 2009, 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Slacker

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 13, 2012, 01:30 AM
"His playing has really, really improved over the years. Where initially he was learning to play guitar in front of the world, now he's a really accomplished player. For a while, we were calling him 'Mr One-Take' because he was nailing all of his parts at the first time of asking."

awesome.

this the metal hammer one, right?

im not shure what a "accomplished player" in abe's eyes should be but...we'll see.

lithium

💩

iceache

good show.

I wish we'd get more info though :p

deftoner664

Thanks Inkblades! We finally got a cookie! lol  Nothing too nitty gritty however it's something . Just the way Abe talked about how they focused on the intro ideas and the dynamics has me all excited... I think this is going to be an otherworldly Deftones album that is going to blow us away. Hope Friday arrives bearing more news, hopefully an announcement of a single.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

DeftonesNZ

Thanks a lot man, laughed at your little corrections person who wrote it obviously didn't do their research.

Inkblades

TheShade1989

I genuinely laughed at the part implying that DE is heavier than the self-titled album. Thnx for typing the interview out, quite interesting, especially the part about the intros.

Also: please, lord, let this rumor be true. Do they mean performing a new song live, or an actual single?

fuzzylogics

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Sep 13, 2012, 03:01 AM
I genuinely laughed at the part implying that DE is heavier than the self-titled album. Thnx for typing the interview out, quite interesting, especially the part about the intros.

Also: please, lord, let this rumor be true. Do they mean performing a new song live, or an actual single?

The festival isn't until the 23rd so they have to mean releasing an actual single, obviously if true at all.

Inkblades

Lol yeah. Especially funny since it's from METAL HAMMER! I thought this magazine was supposed to be brutal!

iceache

if the new single comes out tomorrow.. then FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK YES

bewareofrats

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 13, 2012, 03:13 AM

Lol yeah. Especially funny since it's from METAL HAMMER! I thought this magazine was supposed to be brutal!
I was wondering what they were smoking with this.  Returning to dreamier soundscapes of S/T?  Do they have a different version?
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Slacker

bewareofrats

It would be out of nowhere, but not quite.  Because we have rumour of it.  Truly out of nowhere would be BOOM.  Single not here, second later, single here.  Without any warning.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

bojosoto

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 13, 2012, 01:30 AM
Produced by Nick Rasculinecz and mixed by Matt Hyde (who is handling production duties on the upcoming Parkway Drive album), the album's set to contain 10 to 12 tracks and will be out in the autumn.

Hmmm a little worried after reading about Matt Hyde mixing the album. Has anyone heard the new Parkway stuff? Sounds dead and try. Hope the album sounds good.

therealdaebat

I genuinely laughed at the part implying that DE is heavier than the self-titled album.

am I the only person who agrees?
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

ChannelZer0

Sorrow