Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

E-Money

Wow.........that sounds incredible

E-Money

Intro music for their last tour If I'm not mistaken?

Inkblades

Inkblades

I'm not sure if Late Night Low, Memorial and Back.light are Crosses songs or not. If you look at the Youtube videos, Slopez tags which ones are Crosses. Also, he didn't post those particular ones on the Crosses twitter (or their new page, for that matter).

iceache

I would assume all videos are crosses videos til we know for sure

wheresmysnare

it seems to me that the more tasters that crosses release, the less it looks like chino is the driver behind the project, not a bad thing but just saying.

sing blue silver

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jul 09, 2011, 01:01 PM
it seems to me that the more tasters that crosses release, the less it looks like chino is the driver behind the project, not a bad thing but just saying.

shawn was always the main man behind the whole thing. chino is just throwing in bits here and there as far as i've noticed.

iceache

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jul 09, 2011, 01:01 PM
There's a recent video posted the other day that has Chino playing Piano. So i'm assuming he's got a lot to do with the project, just that we don't know how much

Oldnewtype

Haven't listened to any snippets yet, im waiting for a full song. Looking forward to it though.

rumors

Speculators,

Correct on all accounts.  More note than you think.

Coming soon,
r.

Frequency_Chemist

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Jul 06, 2011, 07:06 PM
Quote from: defsteve on Jul 05, 2011, 09:14 PM
Quote from: iceache on Jul 05, 2011, 07:53 PM
I have a feeling Chino only sings on a handful of songs.

I have a feeling you're wrong.
and i feel you are wrong..

i agree with ice

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure Chino said himself that he would only be singing on a handful of songs.

Inkblades

At first it seemed like there were other vocalists involved (Annie Hardy), but as it went on, it seemed like it was only Slopez, Chino and Chuck Doom. Here's a direct quote from Chino:

"Shaun [has] been a good friend of mine since we were kids," said Moreno. "He's my neighbor and we've done stuff together before. But just recently, during these little breaks that [Deftones has] had, we've been recording this real minimal project where it's just me and him and another buddy of mine, Scott Chuck, and we're just writing these little pieces of music, whether it starts with piano or some down tempo beats."

Of course, everything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

defsteve

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Jul 06, 2011, 07:06 PM
Quote from: defsteve on Jul 05, 2011, 09:14 PM
Quote from: iceache on Jul 05, 2011, 07:53 PM
I have a feeling Chino only sings on a handful of songs.

I have a feeling you're wrong.
and i feel you are wrong..

i agree with ice

8)
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Inkblades

Anyone live in L.A.? Who knows...maybe he'll play something. If he doesn't, those specialty T's would be false advertisement.

iceache

Quote from: Inkblades on Jul 11, 2011, 11:36 PM

Anyone live in L.A.? Who knows...maybe he'll play something. If he doesn't, those specialty T's would be false advertisement.

I would assume that the album must be close to being released. Show starts in about 3 hours... so I guess we'll see.

I think its safe to say that the Crosses album is coming soon and is completely mastered

There Will Be Blood

update??? did he play anything interesting last night???

skinnypuppy

well fuck me sideways i didnt know this was happening and now its over

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Inkblades

Is something going to happen tonight?