Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

endstand

Quote from: Bifrost on May 13, 2013, 05:57 PM
Quote from: ignore the fashion on May 12, 2013, 02:07 AM
Just my opinion on this new information regarding Eros.

I don't mean to be an asshole or anything just stating my opinion here.

I think SO many people here on this board will probably end up totally bashing Eros, if it is released, simply because it isn't ever going to be able to live up to the way THEY expect it to sound. They've hyped it up so much that it will never be able to sound as good as they are expecting or hoped it would. If it does and they actually do like it I will be very surprised to say the least.

We really have nothing to really judge Eros on except for maybe a song they played live once or twice and maybe a few little snippets from YouTube.

I would be happy to just hear it as is or even if they choose to go back and finish what wasn't done.

Now this is just my opinion as well, but I feel like when I band goes and starts working on new music, they play and make music THEY like. They just have hopes that the fans will like it as much as they do.

I agree, I think its cool they are going to release it and I look forward to it but I have a feeling its not gonna be as great as a lot of people think on here

lyrically its gonna be interesting, if Chino is going to have to write new lyrics for it or if they were completed (the vocals) already

I wonder how long its gonna take for them to get it out and if they will treat like a normal album promo and a tour or if they will just release it as a tribute to Chi

I hope they're not going to rewrite lyrics, because new lyrics may have that happy-go-lucky feel.
hello memory lover, you are mine

Bifrost

I hope they wouldnt re-write any lyrics too but I am not sure Chino ever finished the vox for eros so he may need to write some

RoyBiggins

The main man Big ROY a.k.a Chef Royardee a.k.a 12 Inch ROY is pumped to hear anything from this album. I have faith that Deftones will make the right decision in regards to how Eros is presented. They haven't steered The Last Roy in the wrong direction too often, except for the chorus to Cherry Waves, shit sucks. What they do is out of our hands and what they do is usually pretty fuckin sweet. UTKT   Understand that know that......Big ROY out

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: Penicks on May 13, 2013, 05:47 PM
Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 13, 2013, 07:14 AM
you all are wrong and a bunch of bummers

please leave

that's what i'm saying to you.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

sing blue silver

Quote from: RoyBiggins on May 13, 2013, 10:47 PM
The main man Big ROY a.k.a Chef Royardee a.k.a 12 Inch ROY is pumped to hear anything from this album. I have faith that Deftones will make the right decision in regards to how Eros is presented. They haven't steered The Last Roy in the wrong direction too often, except for the chorus to Cherry Waves, shit sucks. What they do is out of our hands and what they do is usually pretty fuckin sweet. UTKT   Understand that know that......Big ROY out

Cherry Waves chorus rules. Now the Diamond Eyes chorus... that shit sucks. Also Swerve City.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: sing blue silver on May 14, 2013, 02:31 AM

Cherry Waves chorus rules. Now the Diamond Eyes chorus... that shit sucks. Also Swerve City.

Man, you're a downer.

anyway.

I just read that touching article of Chi's passing and Chino saying the album just wasn't good. I can dig that, but its ok, they haven't put out anything not good before, so they deserve a mistake. I almost think they should just take all the good out of it and make something new.

only pieces remain

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 14, 2013, 08:16 PM

Man, you're a downer.

anyway.

I just read that touching article of Chi's passing and Chino saying the album just wasn't good. I can dig that, but its ok, they haven't put out anything not good before, so they deserve a mistake. I almost think they should just take all the good out of it and make something new.

no

DJR

I wouldn't want anything new or re-thought....i like Chino's lyrics and mood when he was fat

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: only pieces remain on May 14, 2013, 10:42 PM

Man, you're a downer.

anyway.

no

Add a little intellect.

Quote from: DJR on May 14, 2013, 11:26 PM
I wouldn't want anything new or re-thought....i like Chino's lyrics and mood when he was fat

When, Saturday Night Wrist era?

Just like that article said, SNW was the worst album, it was for me 2. It was dark and cold, which seems it would have done well with the opinions I see on this board. I still like all the songs, except for pink cellphone, I thought it was pretentious.

And you don't want anything new? ya I almost wonder how any original band survives because that sentiment seems to reign supreme. Even when I look at very popular bands like Metallica, I go wow, The amount of people that actually love there music and can sit through the Entire Justice album and enjoy every lick has still got to be very, very few. Most likely musicians themselves.

DJR

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 14, 2013, 11:33 PM

Man, you're a downer.

anyway.

no

Add a little intellect.

Just like that article said, SNW was the worst album, it was for me 2. It was dark and cold, which seems it would have done well with the opinions I see on this board. I still like all the songs, except for pink cellphone, I thought it was pretentious.

And you don't want anything new? ya I almost wonder how any original band survives because that sentiment seems to reign supreme. Even when I look at very popular bands like Metallica, I go wow, The amount of people that actually love there music and can sit through the Entire Justice album and enjoy every lick has still got to be very, very few. Most likely musicians themselves.

No dude, i meant i wouldn't want a new EROS...im all for new stuff! KNY was a masterpiece. I just wouldnt want bits of EROS put onto something new....

SwerveCityUSA

pinata89

Do you guys really think Diamond Eyes and KNY contain completely original songs?  Being a musician myself, in a few bands with rotating members, I can whole-heartedly say that partially hashed-out ideas from previous incarnations often times find their way into new material--even if it's only a lick or segue or whatever.  I find it very hard to believe the boys left this era completely untouched and didn't draw from at least a few ideas to record songs for DE and KNY....and maybe this is part of the reason they are having trouble finding the best way to release it.

Just a thought.

SwerveCityUSA

Yes that's the point, every song is connected, the more connected they are, the more better it goes together and comes out in the end.

There's an old saying. / Every songwriter only has one song to write.

DeftonesNZ

I don't know but I think if they did use some stuff it wouldn't be  a direct copy I think they would use it as inspiration, for instance I doubt they would use a complete riff instead they would use a riff that uses the same notes rearranged or something , Also if the guys were as energetic and creative as they say they were when they went back to work with Sergio I can believe they wouldn't have needed to use any Eros stuff given that experienced musicians like them would be capable of writing all new stuff in that time. I know I haven't heard Eros but from what I heard them say about it I don't think much of would be transferable to DE and KNY, because the new stuff is alot more positive where as Eros is said to be pretty dark and dirty.

mothraw

Romain

Man, you're a downer.

anyway.

no

Add a little intellect.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: Romain on May 17, 2013, 02:54 PM

Man, you're a downer.

anyway.

no

Add a little intellect.

is that what you do at 6:00 AM. Have a cup of coffee nigga.

Romain

It's 9pm in Belgium, nigga.

SwerveCityUSA

john claude van damme said ya'll had some of the best joe down there.

DJR

Stop arguing guys, talk about EROS now instead of whining.....