Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BunsRaisinsPies

Don't really like posting in this thread, but I was watching some full concerts on YouTube and this struck my attention.

DEFTONES - [MULTICAM] Espacio Broadway, Santiago, Chile 07 Nov. 2012

Around 1:11:09 Stephen and Sergio start doing a super spacey and atmospheric encore intro. Listening it to it gives me an idea that Eros might have incorporated some of these sounds. I'll never know but it's still a really weird and awesome treat. Or I could be wrong and maybe they made this up recently or it was a KNY B-side or some stupid stuff. I really think they should put this shit on their next record.

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: BunsRaisinsPies on Jan 18, 2014, 11:20 PM
Don't really like posting in this thread, but I was watching some full concerts on YouTube and this struck my attention.

Around 1:11:09 Stephen and Sergio start doing a super spacey and atmospheric encore intro. Listening it to it gives me an idea that Eros might have incorporated some of these sounds. I'll never know but it's still a really weird and awesome treat. Or I could be wrong and maybe they made this up recently or it was a KNY B-side or some stupid stuff. I really think they should put this shit on their next record.

damn, that gave me chills. that encore fits everything of what eros is; dark, unorthodox, almost bordered on downright evil. at the same time however, im not sure if the band would be willing to play any eros-inspired material. also kind of sounds like an early intro version to Leathers. idk, nevertheless that's p cool

III

Rip? Anyone?

Thanks

ignore the fashion

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Jan 19, 2014, 01:23 AM

damn, that gave me chills. that encore fits everything of what eros is; dark, unorthodox, almost bordered on downright evil. at the same time however, im not sure if the band would be willing to play any eros-inspired material. also kind of sounds like an early intro version to Leathers. idk, nevertheless that's p cool

How can you say it fits everything of what Eros is? When we have never heard anything more than a few small clips and who knows how far along those were to being a completed product.

Jesus2Chino

Sergio on Eros as of this week:

Are there any updates on releasing Eros, have you talked about that more recently?
No, we're not really people with much attention for the rearview mirror. It's more about what's next. Eros is what it is, and really the context made it mythical, in a sense. Which is what those sessions have become. But really where we are in our day-to-day is "okay what's next, how can we move forward, I've got this new clip man", and that stuff.

Seems like they're not considering it for the near future.

*edit* Source: http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/features/38128/Deftones-New-album-Big-Day-Out-and-Eros

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Jan 19, 2014, 07:25 AM
Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Jan 19, 2014, 01:23 AM

How can you say it fits everything of what Eros is? When we have never heard anything more than a few small clips and who knows how far along those were to being a completed product.

i'm just going off of what members of the band have said. source: http://www.spin.com/articles/studio-deftones/

DeftonesNZ

It definitely has the Eros vibe just from what we have heard and how it's been described, it's probably not from Eros but I like it alot

deftoolsys07

It's obvious that the interlude jam is .... just that.... it's a little interlude jam, it's not a fucking b-side or an unreleased track off of Eros... Sergio is just using a sequencer effect while Stef is making the soundscape in the back, and not very interesting in my opinion. Not very musical, either... Seriously why does anyone want that to be on an album? I'm sure they're very capable of writing something better than that... Whereas I don't even think they "wrote" that song to begin with... it's just a jam to kill some time...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

III

Why are you so angry bro. This is a forum for fan of the Deftones. Chill.

976-EVIL

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jan 19, 2014, 07:44 PM
It's obvious that the interlude jam is .... just that.... it's a little interlude jam, it's not a fucking b-side or an unreleased track off of Eros... Sergio is just using a sequencer effect while Stef is making the soundscape in the back, and not very interesting in my opinion. Not very musical, either... Seriously why does anyone want that to be on an album? I'm sure they're very capable of writing something better than that... Whereas I don't even think they "wrote" that song to begin with... it's just a jam to kill some time...

And that is why Deftones Own...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Teknoman

To me it sounds like a "jam" inspired on Animals as Leaders songs... could be wrong though

Animals as Leaders - Soraya

Animals as Leaders - Espera

I make music too

luisch

That poster near to the US flag, is the poster that hung around here years ago?

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

III

idk but i know it says something like eros. Cool! Well at least stef keeps it alive.

wexer

the deft ones

FUCK - where did this come from?

iceache

Quote from: the deft ones on Apr 14, 2014, 02:17 AM
FUCK - where did this come from?

Chino's Youtube channel.

pinata89

So...coming from Chino's YouTube account, what are the implications??!!

iceache

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 14, 2014, 06:39 AM
So...coming from Chino's YouTube account, what are the implications??!!

No implications, he just wanted to do something special for the day.

stoneFeD

Some fuck on Facebook said he has a link to Eros, anyone hear of this rumor?