Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

what i've gathered from all the things they've said is the music is done, vocals are most of the way done with a couple songs left to finish and they'd started mixing the finished tracks (though that seems weird to do when theres still songs to finish) but yeah. this is purely speculation and i'm drawing my own conclusions. even still, i don't think we'll be hearing any of it for a long time yet.

from_musings

if we for one second assume that everyone in the band speaks the truth about eros,like you do, then your description is the only one that would get it all together. but i I would guess that they usually mix the material when everything is recorded.when you have an overview of the whole record

raynor

Fellas, fellas, play Diamond Eyes backwards and you get Eros.

Close thread, n00bz.

from_musings

:) i did and it really sounds unorthodox like they said

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

snw9

I have a feeling they may scrap eros or put it out till the very end or something. the mood in the band is happy, the energy is strong and they're already looking ahead by thinking of writing a new album. They wont revisit those sad songs anytime soon
Code: [Select]

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Fkit!!! Someone, just clean up Melanie n call it a day please.

sing blue silver

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Feb 15, 2011, 10:33 AM
Fkit!!! Someone, just clean up Melanie n call it a day please.

i think someone remastered it in the deftones download and request thread. it's still pretty low quality but it's a noticeable difference. if nobody has put it up for you by the time i get home from work i'll upload it.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

hey, thanx. I may have it but maybe not...

sing blue silver

JVell

Not to beat a dead horse to death, but I think we'll get to hear Eros eventually. Obviously, I doubt that Deftones have any aspirations of releasing this material as a commercialized, full length album. I believe they'll release it offhandedly one day, unless they are motivated to re-work some of the songs and craft them into a fresh release.

In all honesty, I cannot even fathom Deftones having an album off to the side and us, as fans, never being able to hear it. It hurts too much to think about.

Inkblades

Every time I see someone post in this thread I pray that it's about Eros leaking. No such luck.

Shadow46/2

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 21, 2011, 05:32 AM
Every time I see someone post in this thread I pray that it's about Eros leaking. No such luck.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Corleone

yeah seriously, where the fuck is my hidden album!!!!

I've devoted enough into this band, how can they withhold material from me..

Frequency_Chemist

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 21, 2011, 05:32 AM

I think everyone on this board feels that way.

snw9

Quote from: JVell on Feb 21, 2011, 12:34 AM
Not to beat a dead horse to death, but I think we'll get to hear Eros eventually. Obviously, I doubt that Deftones have any aspirations of releasing this material as a commercialized, full length album. I believe they'll release it offhandedly one day, unless they are motivated to re-work some of the songs and craft them into a fresh release.

In all honesty, I cannot even fathom Deftones having an album off to the side and us, as fans, never being able to hear it. It hurts too much to think about.

I agree with u, some of the songs will be re-written. I was listening to melanie and realized how weak the lyrics are compared to what Chino wrote in Diamond eyes. In the right mind-set, they'll turn those songs around
Code: [Select]

sing blue silver

Quote from: juvenile on Feb 28, 2011, 02:08 AM
Quote from: JVell on Feb 21, 2011, 12:34 AM

I agree with u, some of the songs will be re-written. I was listening to melanie and realized how weak the lyrics are compared to what Chino wrote in Diamond eyes. In the right mind-set, they'll turn those songs around

i was more intrigued with melanie than i was with about 25% of the DE stuff. don't get me wrong, i love DE but melanie is a perfect example of the mood i felt was missing on that record. i miss the eratic, abrasive deftones a bit. still though i'm extremely happy with what we've got already and look forward to eventually loving eros, re-worked or not.

aeroplume

i dont think we'll ever hear it, but thats just me.

Gnosticality

I think Chino's really amping up the fact that we may hear Eros one day,
but I really think it'll be a long, long time from now. But, on the bright side, they're starting a brand new record very, very soon, according to an interview he had at the Big Day Out 2011 show.

iceache

Quote from: NotebookLives. on Mar 07, 2011, 05:22 AM
I think Chino's really amping up the fact that we may hear Eros one day,
but I really think it'll be a long, long time from now. But, on the bright side, they're starting a brand new record very, very soon, according to an interview he had at the Big Day Out 2011 show.

Link?

I doubt they're done touring for Diamond Eyes yet? They barely even toured NA yet.