Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pony_01

Quote from: juvenile on Aug 18, 2011, 03:25 AM
Quote from: Electron§ on Aug 17, 2011, 12:52 PM
Quote from: juvenile on Aug 13, 2011, 08:04 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Aug 13, 2011, 12:12 PM
Quote from: Electron§ on Aug 13, 2011, 06:46 AM
Well the amount of B-sides and demos says otherwise to them only writing twelve tracks per album.

well only crenshaw's punch's was an unreleased deftones song. that's 1/14 tracks which is purley deftones, the rest was covers and remakes. the few outtakes like lovers,crenshaw,god's hand i think we've already heard. one song we do know exist but haven't heard is the d.e outtake but i wouldn't say that's "tones of shit" we haven't heard

oh there's XO too from self-titled. Plus for saturday night wrist, if I read correctly, 16 songs were recorded but we've only heard 15; 12 from SNW, drive cover, jealous guy cover and Wax and wane cover. Im not sure if I am missing one

There was a song meant for self titled called "XO" that wasnt released? I looked it up and all i got was "Black Moon" from B-Sides and Rarities.

Yes, its a piano composed song by Chino (not FYIHYD) from self titled sessions but it never came out.
Source: sharinglungs.com

wasnt that white woman?

elite54

i must've just had it named xo. probably turned into fyihyd at some point.

Electron§

Quote from: iceache on Aug 18, 2011, 05:27 AM
Quote from: elite54 on Aug 18, 2011, 03:29 AM
anyone still have that XO? i used to but i lost it.

No one's ever had it.

I think he meant is there anywhere we can listen to it now.

pony_01

iceache

Quote from: Electron§ on Aug 18, 2011, 01:07 PM

No one's ever had it.

If no one has ever had it. What do you think the answer to that is?

from_musings

Quote from: iceache on Aug 18, 2011, 07:13 PM
Quote from: Electron§ on Aug 18, 2011, 01:07 PM

No one's ever had it.

If no one has ever had it. What do you think the answer to that is?

deftonesworld.com?

Robotsatemygrandma

I vaguely remember hearing White Woman years ago.

I had no idea XO was a song... maybe it's a scratch track or something random to entice all us 'tones nerds. I know a few bands do that shit. Hell my old band did it.

Vesanic

I think it was in those 2007's tour videos Deftones used to post back then where you see Chino talking to the guy who's filming (I think it's Frank Gatto), and Chino mentions two piano songs which are FYIHYD and XO and says that he never released XO and probably never will.

snw9

Quote from: pony_01 on Aug 18, 2011, 12:29 PM
Quote from: juvenile on Aug 18, 2011, 03:25 AM
Quote from: Electron§ on Aug 17, 2011, 12:52 PM
Quote from: juvenile on Aug 13, 2011, 08:04 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Aug 13, 2011, 12:12 PM
Quote from: Electron§ on Aug 13, 2011, 06:46 AM
Well the amount of B-sides and demos says otherwise to them only writing twelve tracks per album.

well only crenshaw's punch's was an unreleased deftones song. that's 1/14 tracks which is purley deftones, the rest was covers and remakes. the few outtakes like lovers,crenshaw,god's hand i think we've already heard. one song we do know exist but haven't heard is the d.e outtake but i wouldn't say that's "tones of shit" we haven't heard

oh there's XO too from self-titled. Plus for saturday night wrist, if I read correctly, 16 songs were recorded but we've only heard 15; 12 from SNW, drive cover, jealous guy cover and Wax and wane cover. Im not sure if I am missing one

There was a song meant for self titled called "XO" that wasnt released? I looked it up and all i got was "Black Moon" from B-Sides and Rarities.

Yes, its a piano composed song by Chino (not FYIHYD) from self titled sessions but it never came out.
Source: sharinglungs.com

wasnt that white woman?

White Woman was the working title for Needles and Pins
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

Well ok guys, I think it's time to do something for y'all. I've kept this thing hidden 'cause the guy who gave me this told me to but I just have to share this with y'all, no matter what he's gonna say about that. It's XO, that other piano song. It was supposed to be re-worked and go on Eros but anyway, here's that piano thingie. Dark and depressive just like FYIHYD, you're gonna love it:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1NQIJVW5

tarkil

I don't find it really depressing actually !! I would even say that it puts a smile on my face...   :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 19, 2011, 08:21 AM
Well ok guys, I think it's time to do something for y'all. I've kept this thing hidden 'cause the guy who gave me this told me to but I just have to share this with y'all, no matter what he's gonna say about that. It's XO, that other piano song. It was supposed to be re-worked and go on Eros but anyway, here's that piano thingie. Dark and depressive just like FYIHYD, you're gonna love it:

GAH! You got me!

But at least there was a hot chick taking her shirt off in the advertisement on the side lol

Electron§

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 19, 2011, 08:21 AM

I took one look for less than a second and literally went blind.

BillyNo.9

Fuck V I fell for it again you asshole :|

snw9

IN the self-titled videos theres a piece of a song playing, before it goes into an introduction to a jam of hexagram in the studio......a file floats around with that piece by the name "XO"...

Vesanic

Quote from: juvenile on Aug 21, 2011, 09:46 AM
IN the self-titled videos theres a piece of a song playing, before it goes into an introduction to a jam of hexagram in the studio......a file floats around with that piece by the name "XO"...

Yeah but that's a mislabelling I'm pretty sure. I guess it's just a random jam thing by the boys. XO and FYIHYD are SNW process dated, I believe, so that wouldn't make sense.

snw9

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 21, 2011, 08:21 PM
Quote from: juvenile on Aug 21, 2011, 09:46 AM

Yeah but that's a mislabelling I'm pretty sure. I guess it's just a random jam thing by the boys. XO and FYIHYD are SNW process dated, I believe, so that wouldn't make sense.

Oh I was under the impression that XO was a self-titled outtake from I read here in the past. If what your saying is correct then that  confirms what I said about a SNW interview. If I remember correctly, it was chino who mentioned they have written 16 songs for SNW, 12 for the main record, Jealous guy cover, drive cover and the wax and wane cover which adds up to 15 making XO the final 16th track.

I remember another one where abe said they would have to vote what songs will go on the record..ill try and dig those interviews up

Deftones-argentina

Xo is definetively an S/T outtake, if i'm not wrong it was to be released on the bloody cape single (which never came out)

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: pony_01 on Aug 18, 2011, 01:36 PM
  ;D

Hahahahahaha, good shit. Ranks after Robo buzz saw