Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Electron§ on Feb 23, 2012, 08:01 AM
Quote from: iceache on Feb 23, 2012, 06:34 AM
Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Feb 23, 2012, 05:57 AM
Regarding that snippet that sounds like something off of Eros... it's not. Nor is it Deftones. C'mon now, guys...

doesn't even sound like them.

But then again, if you heard a snippet of "Xerces" or "Lucky You" when Adrenaline was out, you wouldn't think it was Deftones either. This is just how Deftones are, constantly evolving their already unique sound, which is in my opinion, one of the biggest reasons its entirely possible this could have been produced by them.

It sounds more like God is an Astronaut to me, that clip. But the production isn't anywhere near Deftones quality, even for a demo. Listen to that guitar, that is not Stef's rig at all. Sounds amateur. Remember I even posted some of my clips a couple years back saying it was Deftones and everyone bought it until I said it was actually me.

Edit: and now that thread was removed and I had a hard drive crash and I totally don't remember how my songs went hahaha. So that's my fault I guess hahaha.
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

pony_01

deftones Eros? #2 who knows

found this on YouTube.
same drum sound but this one is kinda weird, not sure it was Abe or not.

sing blue silver

That sounds nothing like Deftones to me. Certainly not Abe.

iceache

Quote from: pony_01 on Feb 29, 2012, 09:42 PM

found this on YouTube.

That sounds NOTHING like deftones.

Abe would NEVER play double kick like that. They would never produce guitar sounds that shitty.

Vesanic

It COULD be Deftones, but it's not them. Whoever that is, I need to find out, I think it's pretty cool.

wheresmysnare

if you were going to leak eros, why on earth would you leak such minor clips that prove nothing. it is total bs and in my opinion neither of the clips have anything to do with deftones or eros, just some bored individual releasing clips from their garage band and calling them deftones.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

;Dyep BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ;D
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

snw9

found this on YouTube.

ITs not deftones. fo sho
Code: [Select]

Penicks

Quote from: Vesanic on Feb 29, 2012, 11:42 PM
It COULD be Deftones, but it's not them. Whoever that is, I need to find out, I think it's pretty cool.

yeah, i like the mood

Electron§

found this on YouTube.

The effects sound like the ones at the beginning of "Lovers", the drums actually kinda sound like Abe's production, but the style of it is different than his usual, but then again Eros was supposed to have pretty crazy drums, right? I think its possible, but idk. Its hard to tell, but I really actually like it. I hope its Deftones. 

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I'm pretty sure it's not. Even tried to place it with the stuff we heard them playing during the Eros sessions, doesn't fit. That other piece of music posted a week or two ago that most doubted sounded more like them than this. And personally, I hope it isn't Deftones. If u like it, then good because it is a whole new band for u to explore. ;)
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

from_musings

it's the same effect frank uses in rats, in the opening riff and in the"i won't say nothing, not a fucking thing" - part. you can also hear it in the everything is fine part.  other than that effect, it doesn't sound like deftones i think

Electron§

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Mar 02, 2012, 11:08 AM
I'm pretty sure it's not. Even tried to place it with the stuff we heard them playing during the Eros sessions, doesn't fit. That other piece of music posted a week or two ago that most doubted sounded more like them than this. And personally, I hope it isn't Deftones. If u like it, then good because it is a whole new band for u to explore. ;)

I placed it with the other Eros stuff myself, I think it fits pretty good.

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 02, 2012, 11:11 AM
it's the same effect frank uses in rats, in the opening riff and in the"i won't say nothing, not a fucking thing" - part. you can also hear it in the everything is fine part.  other than that effect, it doesn't sound like deftones i think

Didn't even think of that song, but yeah it does sound like that effect a bit. 

Electron§

Quote from: iceache on Feb 29, 2012, 11:17 PM

found this on YouTube.

That sounds NOTHING like deftones.

Abe would NEVER play double kick like that. They would never produce guitar sounds that shitty.

Abe played a double kick in "When Girls Telephone Boys" if im not mistaken, and also I think the guitar indeed does sound like it could be within the range of Stephen, maybe a little fuzzier than usual, but even so, the riff sounds like something he would write. Maybe its not even from Eros. Maybe if it is Deftones at all, its a b-side/demo/rehearsal, from a past era. 

hole-in-the-earth

That sounds wayyy to different, for me at least, to be Deftones. The drumming doesn't sound at all like Abe, and the guitar playing doesn't sound like Stephen. But the effect kinda sound like Frank. Like the title said, Who Knows?

Electron§

.....just release the fucking thing already

snw9

Code: [Select]

Electron§

Electron§

This is kind of a stupid thing to mention, but I think since every album seems to have a *color* which has emphasis in the vinyls, Im gonna go out on a limb and say an Eros vinyl would have been purple? It seems like some of the promotional stuff around that era was purple.

nineteen

If that was Deftones, I'd have been happy with that direction.