Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones - Secret Portugal Show ?

Started by defsteve, Apr 24, 2010, 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defsteve

OK. Found a bit of information. Had to use online translation. No date or location. Maybe someone in Portugal could find out a bit more ? I'm just throwing this out there as no-one has mentioned it yet....

"Deftones is the band of the next Optimus Secret Show

The Deftones is the band protagonist of the next Optimus Secret Show.

An application for Facebook related with the event unmasked the band who if prepares to edit "Diamond Eyes". The record leaves the 18 May.

Single and respective of video "Rocket Skates" already can be found in the Internet. Not yet it is known the date nor the place of the concert."

apps.facebook.com/optimussecretshow/?ref=mf

EDIT: More info here ?

http://:www.myspace.com/optimussecretshows

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

dawg

dawg

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 24, 2010, 11:00 AM
Quote from: dawg on Apr 24, 2010, 11:00 AM
yep secret show on 8.5

Where ?

it wouldn't be a secret if I'd tell you :)
no seriously all I know is that it will happen on 8.5 after the Dortmund show in Germany. my source is the German Warner label

Vesanic

White Wrist

i´m from Portugal.

deftones is the rumor. are you sure about 8th my? it´s my birthday! is the gig in Portugal?

vinsanity

God i hope not, these secret shows the band plays like 10 songs, in front of 200 people.

I wanna see them in a real gig, with a full setlist, in a indoor venue like Coliseu dos Recreios or Campo Pequeno.
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

TheRealist

I'm also from Portugal and I hope it's not hard to get to that show... I don't know how usually those secret shows works.

White Wrist

Quote from: TheRealist on Apr 25, 2010, 01:00 AM
I'm also from Portugal and I hope it's not hard to get to that show... I don't know how usually those secret shows works.

pois. também eu não. estou mesmo a ver que é concerto para 50/100 pessoas e ainda fico à porta.

vinsanity

Quote from: White Wrist on Apr 25, 2010, 01:31 AM
Quote from: TheRealist on Apr 25, 2010, 01:00 AM

pois. também eu não. estou mesmo a ver que é concerto para 50/100 pessoas e ainda fico à porta.
fogo e eu também, e depois entrem pessoal que não deve ouvir a banda e que só vão por ser de graça. No entanto, espero, como o Sérgio Vega disse na entrevista no Viva Latino, que quando ele disse que vinham cá a Portugal, seja virem cá para um concerto a sério.

TheRealist

Pelo que eu percebi tens que tar lá no recinto bastante cedo, eles só fecham as portas até aquilo ficar cheio.

Drop-Dead

if it's secret then I'll miss it.

they could easily fill in our biggest venue (Atlantico), but instead to go for a much smaller venue where tickets are free and it just ruins my expectations for a true show. Sleeping outdoors for a place in a tiny venue isn't my thing. :(

White Wrist

Quote from: Drop-Dead on Apr 25, 2010, 10:38 PM

they could easily fill in our biggest venue (Atlantico), but instead to go for a much smaller venue where tickets are free and it just ruins my expectations for a true show. Sleeping outdoors for a place in a tiny venue isn't my thing. :(

yeah. it´s my birthday that day...i wont be in the line all day long.

we deserve another 2001´coliseu de lisboa.

TheRealist

Deftones are a great band, but I don't think they are big enough for that, they are not like Tokyo Hotel Lol

vinsanity

Quote from: TheRealist on Apr 25, 2010, 11:25 PM

Deftones are a great band, but I don't think they are big enough for that, they are not like Tokyo Hotel Lol
ya, e tb o pavilhão atlantico tem uma acústica manhosa. Coliseu ou Campo Pequeno FTW

EDIT: há rumores que o secret show vai ser no Porto ou em Braga fuck :(

Nailec

deftones are not like tokio hotel.

thats the lesson of this thread

vinsanity

Quote from: Nailec on Apr 26, 2010, 12:13 AM

simply put, still we don't know the location, there is rumours it's gonna be North of Portugal, Oporto maybe or Braga. These kind of Secret Shows are played in small venues, the entrance is free, but usually about half of people who's going to these shows don't even know a single song of the band, they just go because it's free and it's "cool"

Vesanic

Quote from: vinsanity on Apr 26, 2010, 12:19 AM
Quote from: Nailec on Apr 26, 2010, 12:13 AM

simply put, still we don't know the location, there is rumours it's gonna be North of Portugal, Oporto maybe or Braga. These kind of Secret Shows are played in small venues, the entrance is free, but usually about half of people who's going to these shows don't even know a single song of the band, they just go because it's free and it's "cool"

I'm so gonna be there, man.

Far away

Next time you guys can pm me with any portuguese stuff, i can help translating the text!
Thanks for the heads up defsteve. Too bad im miles away from Portugal! :(