Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bewareofrats

Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

sing blue silver

I'm excited to hear some original ideas from sergio. I get what they're saying about him maybe not feeling comfortable throwing ideas in on DE. The bass on that album works for the songs but it certainly never stands out and he's really a good bass player. Excited to hear that 6 string thing he was using.

kitesvera

dude have you not heard the bassline in You've Seen the Butcher. Thats one of the most stand out bass parts on any deftones record ever. I have no idea what you mean when you say his bass parts are not stand out ish. I felt that his work on DE was fantastic and to this day I think the bass line to YSTB is one of the hottest bass lines on record.

iceache

If someone gets that Metal Hammer mag, they should post the info.

Inkblades

I'm thinking about running up to the Barnes & Nobles in a bit. If they have it, will report back.

Gee

Quote from: kitesvera on Sep 11, 2012, 05:39 PM
dude have you not heard the bassline in You've Seen the Butcher. Thats one of the most stand out bass parts on any deftones record ever. I have no idea what you mean when you say his bass parts are not stand out ish. I felt that his work on DE was fantastic and to this day I think the bass line to YSTB is one of the hottest bass lines on record.

I really dont know what you mean. The bassline on YSTB follows Stef's part, which is fantastic I agree.

I do think he's done a great job on Prince and Cmnd/Ctrl though. Just for the bass, the chorus in this last one is awesome.

Really looking forward to hear his parts on KNY.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

sing blue silver

YSTB follows the guitar, the bassy riff in prince is Stephen too I believe. He's great but I guess after being used to chi's bass parts it didn't stand out as much to me. Personal opinion.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 12, 2012, 01:54 AM
YSTB follows the guitar, the bassy riff in prince is Stephen too I believe. He's great but I guess after being used to chi's bass parts it didn't stand out as much to me. Personal opinion.
Yeah that is just Stephen using his low strings just sounds like a bass. But I'm liking what I have heard on Roller Derby good to see him be less passive in Diamond Eyes he was playing real similar riffs to Stephen now he seems to have branched out on his own a bit  looking forward to hearing how they work together now.   

nineteen

He was in Quicksand. Enough said really!

slyartwork

Quicksand is a fucking awesome band. Big fan!
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

kitesvera

Yes Quicksand are awesome. Love Vega' s work with Quicksand.

mothraw

Vesanic

lozz

Wait where did the Metal Hammer interview go? I swear someone typed out the whole thing and posted in this thread :(
There's a mass without roofs, there's a prison to fill
There's a country's soul that reads post no bills
There's a strike and a line of cops outside of the mill
There's a right to obey and there's a right to kill

M1GHTY M4VS

downtownpony

They got a 10,500 dollar copper sink installed in their tour bus. It has a quad water filter.. Other than that nothing is new. Oh and the interviewer is an idiot like usual.

OnyxPanicProne

Normally I don't get annoyed by interviewers but that guy was just annoying.

sing blue silver

I love when they post deftones stories on blabbermouth so I can read all the "real metal heads" bitch about how awful deftones are.