Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northcal

The song was   Orion,  ??? ???does anyone have any footage info ,this was in euro diamond eyes dates  ,maybe a year ago?

deftoolsys07

that would be tight to see. of all the metallica songs i would picture them do, Orion seems to be right up their alley
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Vesanic

I don't think there's any footage of that.

Northcal

I would   pimp my 2girlfriend to see or own a copy of that,lol

Vesanic

On a more serious note, I have a buddy who taped the full show. I'll ask him to upload that snippet if he doesn't mind.

976-EVIL

Not like Steph to play solo's....curious to see if this is legit. I think Dyers Eve would be a great track to cover personally....
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: sooniletugo on Nov 25, 2011, 01:30 AM
I'm going to see Duran Duran next weekend, would be awesome if they played The Chauffeur. I probably wouldn't even know of the song if it wasn't for the Deftones cover but the original is great too. They still play it live sporadically despite it being a non-single track so would be cool :P

when I saw duran duran back in 2008 or 2009 i think, they fucking played it. It was one of the few songs people hadn't any clue about.

pinkmaggit

Quote from: pony_01 on Nov 19, 2011, 10:30 PM
Quote from: Jacob on Nov 15, 2011, 12:12 PM
I don't know. what I do know is that it should've been on there instead of Lucky You. if any song doesn't fit, it's that one. plus, it's incredibly boring.

tip for listen to Lucky You:
try to play it on a big phat stereo. this song will take you to a trip

You nailed it there Pony!
First time I listened to S/T I was driving around in a car with a great sound system - it just seemed to fit so perfectly on the album and I loved it from the first time I heard it,
It's one of those songs that must be listened to on a good quality stereo to be properly appreciated!

Oldnewtype

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Nov 27, 2011, 10:11 PM
that would be tight to see. of all the metallica songs i would picture them do, Orion seems to be right up their alley

I agree, and my guess is they most likely only played a fraction of it rather than the whole song.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Nov 28, 2011, 05:48 PM

I agree, and my guess is they most likely only played a fraction of it rather than the whole song.

without question. haha. because how many "covers" have they done where it's only a 30 second tease of the song lol

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I could see them doing ANY Metallica recorded before 1988. Classic Metallica  is classic shit. Especially after hearing Battery w just Abe n Chino, I think? The whole band could slay this stuff and just sound straight up evil which is what we're missing lately IMO.....
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Nov 29, 2011, 06:46 AM

I could see them doing ANY Metallica recorded before 1988. Classic Metallica  is classic shit. Especially after hearing Battery w just Abe n Chino, I think? The whole band could slay this stuff and just sound straight up evil which is what we're missing lately IMO.....
Solos may not b a problem if Steph really wanted to "interpret" them in his own way because we do all know they don't really do "solos" and he sure as hell isn't gonna do Kirk Hammet any justice, lol. But they could do these songs Deftone's style! Would LOVE it.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: ToneDef on Nov 24, 2011, 10:58 PM
September 19th 2003
Wembley Arena
The Revolution Smile and A Perfect Circle supporting
There's footage of this show, right? Good show from what I remember. Gonna chk it out..

spirographed

'Twas @ the House of Blues in Chicago on the 26th of October in 2004. Dredg opened.
"The struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles." - Meshuggah

spirographed

Most definately Deathblow, You've Seen The Butcher, Knife Party, shit....any and/or every song, really.
"The struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles." - Meshuggah

Northcal

LO
Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 27, 2011, 10:53 PM
On a more serious note, I have a buddy who taped the full show. I'll ask him to upload that snippet if he doesn't mind. 

Please do my friend

deftoolsys07

lucky you grew on me, at first i thought oh this is some gay shit, but then it's like dubstep, i hate that shit, but i guess if you play it on a good sound system you appreciate it as it was meant to be heard.

but at least i still like lucky you and not dubstep