Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldnewtype

I just wanted to talk some random shit about deftones and I came up with a good question for you mods: why not start a bullshit thread here? just for random comments that might not be worthy of a full thread.  It would always be active and would probably cut down on having to delete random threads.  I know if there was one I would post in it now so why no just sticky this and keep it going? I'll start off with:

I was just jamming some of the original versions of songs Deftones have covered and its pretty crazy listening to them after hearing
the covers for so long, gets me interested in alot of new stuff. Anyone else got into an artist because of a Deftones cover?

Danny Keyes

Oldnewtype

yeah and i like you but this isn't the place for that, back to deftones. Hahahaha.

btw frank reminds me of a turtle sometimes.

mAscArA81

Well, looking deftones interviews  through you tube i found a vid where chino is interviewed in black carpet by bare bounes this year,  and to the question : how long  deftones will keep make albums? Chino says : " a few years, couple more records!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i'm in shock, only a couple albums, and that's the end!!

The link :

http://youtu.be/4Rd4vBBu-Yo

BillyNo.9

He probably said that just to fuck with the interviewer. He must get sick of the same questions so he may just be ahaving a little fun ho knows :/ I wont care as much if Chi never returns.

from_musings

? can't see how that's any bad news, or news at all.to make records and then quit goes for most active bands? and it's not like they just started out.i'm shocked that people could be shocked over the fact that a band make more records and then end one day

from_musings

Quote from: Oldnewtype on May 19, 2011, 10:53 AM
frank reminds me of a turtle sometimes.

hah yeah kinda.. just as slow and laid back ^  it's good to have a def bullshit thread like this.. for example,mama bear or crazy breed would make a new thread by reading this"WHICH ANIMAL ARE THE DEFT MEMBERS??"  STEF IS A BEAR I THINK!!" now all that shit can go directly here. and crazy breed will be bummed out about it, because making new threads for the sake of making threads is what he loves

BillyNo.9

Found myself listening to duran duran's version of nightboat last night. Deftones make it 10000000000000 X cooler though

from_musings

maybe because you heard deftones version first, or, you just like deftones music and style more. i like both versions..
i bet duran duran fans think deftones ruined it though :p

mAscArA81

I know that DEFTONES like so many bands  will end one day but not after two records, i mean they are young people to keep going for more than just two records!!....  i'm sad to realised that one day will arrive that moment, obviously, but never thought that  will come that early, deftones is my fav. band ever and for me it would be a sad day, that's  all...

BillyNo.9

Yeah man I understand. I can see how deftones' music can seem slugish to people who arnt fans. I like deftones' version because it's less sex party island sounding XD

TheyCallMeP

I might be mistaken but wasn't Eros suppose to be their last album?

TheyCallMeP

Oldnewtype

Check this out, Sergio playing bass with Dillinger Escape Plan on Black Bubblegum

Black Bubblegum - The Dillinger Escape Plan - Best Buy Theater, NYC, May 14, 2011

nineteen

I think they should do two more and quit for sure. Imagine having that catalogue behind you.

Despite a few lesser moments, it's been a right belter of a catalogue so far, so just a couple more stonkers to add to it and it should round it off nicely without losing their edge.

I'd hate for them to lose it and fade out. Go out with a bang I say.

from_musings

Quote from: mAscArA81 on May 19, 2011, 06:47 PM
I know that DEFTONES like so many bands  will end one day but not after two records, i mean they are young people to keep going for more than just two records!!....  i'm sad to realised that one day will arrive that moment, obviously, but never thought that  will come that early, deftones is my fav. band ever and for me it would be a sad day, that's  all...

he doesn't say "I know exactly when we're gonna quit, it's after exactly two more records from here". he says that he has no idea and that he wants to make a couple more records ..not exactly two, but "couple" as in "a couple years ago"  - undetermined number. if he meant 2 he would've said 2, but he didn't. his answer didn't mean shit. and you're not young when you play new metal at the age of 40, c'mon

mAscArA81

For me they arent new metal maybe with adrenaline but since around the fur, well, since white pony they aren't new metal, at least that's my opinion

benzo

as long as they're making good money they'll stick around.

pissedandpierced

They're gonna start writing a new album after this tour.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Vesanic