Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

my guess is that the label is taking this really fucking seriously because of the early DE leak. I mean, going to extreme lengths in order to avoid an early leak. more so than most big labels seem to do.

I'm really curious about all these people who've had a physical copy for days now btw. who are they? are all of them people inside the business, people from the label and so on? have any promo version even been sent out or are all reviews based on listening parties and the likes?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

The Chauffer

I'm gonna listen to my E-40/Too Short leak and bump it until KNY shows it's pretty head.

RaptureWS

The only thing that makes this so bad is not knowing when it will be out. Over three weeks my life has consisted of going to work, coming home and refreshing websites for hours on end hoping today is the day. I don't even want to go to the store with my family in fear of missing something big happening. It is sick, but I can't just 'turn it off' and stop being excited for a new album from my all time favorite band. There are still many hours left tonight, so we'll see.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

glassdomino

Quote from: DarkKnight85 on Nov 06, 2012, 09:52 PM
I want to know why there is such a fucking lockdown on this album. I'd rather have some answers to that than hear it at this point.

bunch of white knights on high horses toting around early copies, sharing it with their buddies pretending they're preventing it from leaking.

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: RaptureWS on Nov 06, 2012, 09:53 PM
The only thing that makes this so bad is not knowing when it will be out. Over three weeks my life has consisted of going to work, coming home and refreshing websites for hours on end hoping today is the day. I don't even want to go to the store with my family in fear of missing something big happening. It is sick, but I can't just 'turn it off' and stop being excited for a new album from my all time favorite band. There are still many hours left tonight, so we'll see.
LOL I feel you bro!

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

ominousnimbus

Quote from: glassdomino on Nov 06, 2012, 09:53 PM
I want to know why there is such a fucking lockdown on this album. I'd rather have some answers to that than hear it at this point.

bunch of white knights on high horses toting around early copies, sharing it with their buddies pretending they're preventing it from leaking.
I'm sure there are a few (personal friends of the band and such), but my hunch is there are a lot more pretending or insinuating to have the record who really don't. Once it gets beyond a handful of people, it's impossible to contain, especially with the bounty system on private torrent trackers.

DJR

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 06, 2012, 09:54 PM
LOL I feel you bro!

Yeah my fiancee is well annoyed with me, im supposed be planning a wedding but instead i come on here :P

glassdomino

i swear there are more copies out there than intended by Warner.

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: ominousnimbus on Nov 06, 2012, 09:56 PM

I'm sure there are a few (personal friends of the band and such), but my hunch is there are a lot more pretending or insinuating to have the record who really don't. Once it gets beyond a handful of people, it's impossible to contain, especially with the bounty system on private torrent trackers.
Even if all that is the case, still hard to imagine that it hasn't leaked by now.. I figured for sure it would leak when I saw Green Turds and Soundgarden leaked

Jacob

haha, aw man. do yourself a favor and spend at least an hour or two away from the computer. think about something else, man. I admit, I sit in front of the computer most of the day, and have this forum and some other pages open most of the time. I check in regularly but the rest of the time I do other stuff. like work, play games, listen to music, watch tv series and so on. actually, anything that distracts me from checking for a leak is very much welcome. going out to hang with a friend or my gf is the best way to make the time go by and only makes it more exciting to check for a leak once I'm back home.

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: glassdomino on Nov 06, 2012, 09:57 PM
i swear there are more copies out there than intended by Warner.
I can't believe not one of them have burned a copy for a friend or something.. hard to believe that EVERYONE who has a copy right now is THAT loyal.

Simple, burn a copy for a friend. Let them upload it from their computer at their house.. it doesn't trace back to you. end of story.  ;)

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 06, 2012, 09:57 PM

haha, aw man. do yourself a favor and spend at least an hour or two away from the computer. think about something else, man. I admit, I sit in front of the computer most of the day, and have this forum and some other pages open most of the time. I check in regularly but the rest of the time I do other stuff. like work, play games, listen to music, watch tv series and so on. actually, anything that distracts me from checking for a leak is very much welcome. going out to hang with a friend or my gf is the best way to make the time go by and only makes it more exciting to check for a leak once I'm back home.

Yeah, and more of a let down when you check and its still not up.  :-\

DarkKnight85

it's safe to say this Friday, given its release in Europe, it will be online right? I mean whole countries having access to it.............

whiteponyxxx

C'mon, you are acting like a good music was ever meant to be shared. Sharing high quality tunes with people of similar music taste is bad. Mmmkey?

Jacob

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 06, 2012, 09:59 PM
Quote from: Jacob on Nov 06, 2012, 09:57 PM

Yeah, and more of a let down when you check and its still not up.  :-\

nah man, it just makes it easier to take the disappointment :P

glassdomino

my guess is we'll get it Thursday.

off to work once again Koi No Yokan-less.

chinomoreno876

This album is riiiidiculous!!! It will be everywhere reaaaaal soon!!!!!!

sing blue silver

rock_n_frost

Quote from: alan1o on Nov 06, 2012, 09:34 PM
Quote from: rock_n_frost on Nov 06, 2012, 09:33 PM
I just watched that album trailer.
Stef looks so cool.
But damn, they need an (what do you call, i forgot again) clothe chooser (designer?)

who cares?
so many people
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

BallZDeeP

familia peeps are taking credit for the leak so if you have it...let err rip