Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gui

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 07, 2012, 02:20 AM
Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Nov 07, 2012, 02:19 AM
Quote from: Jacob on Nov 07, 2012, 02:16 AM
Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Nov 07, 2012, 02:13 AM
I recall people being excited on here becaus RX Queen was finally being played. I might be making things up haha And Jacob I don't mean to sound like you're lying..I'm just saying they hadn't played it live in front of an audience, not soundcheck :-)

um yeah, that's what I said. meant during soundcheck, not actually "practicing" it per se. just as with WGTB it left a strong impression as I remember it being a song they had never or very rarely played live, and people on here had ranted on about wanting to hear :)    pretty sure I immediately posted about it here afterwards.

Your english is better than mine and I'm American! I'm bad at communicating via internetz

well, english is the one subject in school I always aced no matter what ;)
I always had terrible grades in my english classes =\ I really didn't care about it when i was younger. Then i started reading deftones forums and decided i needed english as a second language.

xLhabiax

Quote from: RaptureWS on Nov 07, 2012, 02:23 AM
I understand The Familia's point, but I feel a bit offended. Deftones have been my favorite band bar none for 14 years. Every album bought (many multiple times), 9 live shows, countless pieces of merch bought. I have spent thosands of dollars of Deftones are I have always spread the word about how awesome they are and I have made them many fans. I do not feel 'entitled', I do not want to whore it out to the internet. I want to enjoy the music. I just happen to be impatient ;)

Fuck the familia Rapture, 14 years as a fan? Man you just beat me out lol. The familia can blow me
We are ok in a misguided Sadist way

Jdubzor

Don't download anything off irc unless you know it's an audio extension. Your ip can be requested by any user and most virius are spread to people this way because they have no idea what they are doing

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 07, 2012, 02:23 AM
I can't speak for every single one of us here.
But I feel like most of ya'll (just like myself) simply want the album to listen to for personal use
- and not to upload and spread to the rest of the internet.
Yeah i just want to hear new music,if it doesn't leak i may be one of the first to get a physical copy being from New Zealand but it's not my intention to put it up for download i just want to listen to it.

xLhabiax

Rosemary and Crenshaw's Punch are baby making music

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: Jdubzor on Nov 07, 2012, 02:26 AM
Don't download anything off irc unless you know it's an audio extension. Your ip can be requested by any user and most virius are spread to people this way because they have no idea what they are doing

Ok, thanks for the heads up.. because I have no idea what I'm doing with IRC.. lol

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

The Chauffer

Quote from: bequietandshoveit on Nov 07, 2012, 02:14 AM
Quote from: Jacob on Nov 07, 2012, 02:13 AM
Quote from: bequietandshoveit on Nov 07, 2012, 02:08 AM
I have the album and I gave it to Ves.  I am also from the Familia and I decided to send him the tracks because he is honest and trustworthy, unlike many of you.  If you got your hands on the album you would whore it out on Youtube or torrents and take credit for doing so.  That is why the Familia is a such a close knit community and you'll just have to wait.

people jerking each others off and feeling superior is what it is.

You mad, bro?

The funny thing is I'm part of "the familia" as well. My band (The Suicide Chords) raised over $1500.00 to donate to Chi's family. I even donate on "donation days". Totally involved. Still no love here. Who cares. I'll have it within a few days. There's no reason to argue with someone who has it before me. I'll get it...when I get it. Let's move on gentlemen...

Jacob

I understand The Familia's point, but I feel a bit offended. Deftones have been my favorite band bar none for 14 years. Every album bought (many multiple times), 9 live shows, countless pieces of merch bought. I have spent thosands of dollars of Deftones are I have always spread the word about how awesome they are and I have made them many fans. I do not feel 'entitled', I do not want to whore it out to the internet. I want to enjoy the music. I just happen to be impatient ;)

yeah, and that's my entire point. these self-proclaimed masters of Deftones fandom seem to think they are in a position to judge who's worthy and who is not. and one of them happens have an uncle who works at the cd pressing factory or something. I mean, he basically knows Chino.

to bring up my playground example again, my guess is that these guys didn't get to play with the cool kids so now they have to make themselves feel like the cool kids and shut everyone else out.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Danny Keyes

sad thing is that im assuming people in this so called familia doesn't even own all of the bands' cd's

gui

Quote from: Danny Keyes on Nov 07, 2012, 02:28 AM
sad thing is that im assuming people in this so called familia doesn't even own all of the bands' cd's
assuming things about them is as bad as them assuming we are whores.

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 07, 2012, 02:27 AM

yeah, and that's my entire point. these self-proclaimed masters of Deftones fandom seem to think they are in a position to judge who's worthy and who is not. and one of them happens have an uncle who works at the cd pressing factory or something. I mean, he basically knows Chino.

to bring up my playground example again, my guess is that these guys didn't get to play with the cool kids so now they have to make themselves feel like the cool kids and shut everyone else out.
Precisely. There's a term for that; a TOOL

funksk8er

I've been a fan over 12 years, 7 shows. That familia comment was just bullshit and offensive. We are all here because we want to hear new music from our favorite band.

xLhabiax

Quote from: gui on Nov 07, 2012, 02:29 AM

Sticks and stones

DAFTPUNK87

IT'S A GANG FIGHT YA'LL! !!!!
SHARING LUNGS VS THE FAMILIA

Danny Keyes

Quote from: gui on Nov 07, 2012, 02:29 AM

good point

sir madrid

If the President wins Florida it leaks!!!

Ponte506

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 07, 2012, 02:30 AM

funksk8er

Como esta!! BITCHES!!

xLhabiax

GO GET YOUR KNIFE! GO GET YOUR KNIFE!

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: sir madrid on Nov 07, 2012, 02:31 AM
If the President wins Florida it leaks!!!

Yeah, I think he said something about that on that last debate. haha