Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyBiggins

The last time Big Roy saw Deftones play in Pittsburgh, I had a great time but there was one fatass in overalls that was pissing The Roy off. Bequiet and Drive just finished. No music playing and I feel a power shove to my back. The Last Roy turned around and that's when I saw this fat asshole in overalls pushing me forward. Big Roy is a patient person, so I let it go. Dai The Flu finishes, same thing happens. Now Roy is pissed. I say "ohhhh you motherfucker" Robert DeNiro, Deer Hunter style. I look to my friend, Roadkill Ronny, he says that looks like your nemesis, Big Troy, but it wasn't. My blood began to boil, when Elite started, I waited for overalls to shove me in my back and when he did, Roy made a slight move to the left, put my right foot out and hip tossed/swept him to the ground. Roadkill Ronny landed a swift kick to his face. I took my wad of gum( 3 pieces of cotton candy Bubbalicious) and mixed it around in his hair. After that Big Roy and RR got some props and moved to the front of the crowd.

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

RoyBiggins

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

RoyBiggins

Big Roy a.k.a Roy the Revelator has spent most of my time training in Judo. I've trained some boxing, jui jitsu, and I completed the Kent State police academy

DeftonesNZ

So what happened to V videos and stuff? was he really getting lots of abuse? I had a feeling the videos wouldn't stay up so as soon as he posted that goodbye message on fb I started ripping alot of the stuff of YouTube lucky I did.

Danny Keyes

is V still crying? i honestly thought that by now he would've get over what happened.

nicklav

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 25, 2013, 10:54 PM
So what happened to V videos and stuff? was he really getting lots of abuse? I had a feeling the videos wouldn't stay up so as soon as he posted that goodbye message on fb I started ripping alot of the stuff of YouTube lucky I did.

I wish I had seen that. There were a lot of memorable videos on there. Did you happen to get anything from the 2003 England shows?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: nicklav on Feb 25, 2013, 11:07 PM

I wish I had seen that. There were a lot of memorable videos on there. Did you happen to get anything from the 2003 England shows?
I've got the Wembley show

RollerDerby

He was receiving a lot of verbal abuse from people. People jumping his case because they don't interpret how Chino acted toward him as completely disrespectful. in my opinion, I'm glad he took it down because everyone had live for him until he made the decision to retire from doing everyone a service. he wasn't demanding to be compensated for his work by asking Chino to play pink maggit. he was making a conscious suggestion to a member of the band to switch things up and play something different for once. clearly it worked, I'm sure everyone noticed the setlist changes. however he made the decision to hang up his coat and walk away, leaving everything intact the way it was. No one seemed to grasp that perhaps he was tired of doing everyone a service when they were so eager to bash him.

he wasn't being a whiny bitch as I've seen so many post these past few days. in fact it's everyone giving him Hell that pushed him over the edge and caused the entire community to take a massive loss. everyone needs to quit attacking him. he didn't cause all of this. the clowns who could not let the situation rest, and continued their verbal assault caused this. people's arrogance and egos destroyed this.

I respect V and his decision. and I know I'm gonna have people come after me for this shit for taking his side. honestly, I don't care. I don't want to even be considered a deftones fan sometimes when I come on here and see everyone bashing others. there used to be more to this. a lot of you have lost sight of what this could and should have been. and now, a major piece of that has been stripped away.

I don't feel sorry any of you who will bitch and moan about what he did today. because honestly, it just proves how much time V wasted doing all of you favors all these years.

he never wanted anything, except maybe a thank you here and there. and there is a majority of you, like myself who indulged in his work and appreciated it for what it was. I'm sure he is proud knowing that comforting fact.

It's over, his work is gone. deal with it.
"Carve your niche."

hi man

hope someone ripped alot of his videos

DeftonesNZ

It's sad that he's cut ties completely you could tell he was getting more distant but I think he initially left on a good note and gracefully decided to leave the videos up but then I don't know why people felt they had to abuse him he never did anything that should have made him a target like that I would have done the same thing if i was him, It sucks for those of us who appreciated what he did but I wouldn't want to help the people that are abusing you like that.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: hi man on Feb 25, 2013, 11:41 PM
hope someone ripped alot of his videos
I got quite a few mainly full concerts

shoop

it's some bullshit when a few people ruin everything for everyone. That's that shit I don't like. Why should everyone have to feel the hurt. The ones who respected his work or him in general have to now feel disrespected.

RollerDerby

Quote from: shoop on Feb 26, 2013, 12:18 AM
it's some bullshit when a few people ruin everything for everyone. That's that shit I don't like. Why should everyone have to feel the hurt. The ones who respected his work or him in general have to now feel disrespected.

it is bullshit. people could have just left him alone. unfortunately that was not the case and now everyone has nothing thanks to their negativity. I don't blame V for shit. if I were in his position, I would have done the same.
"Carve your niche."

rufas

I can't believe all the videos are gone. :-(

Dath

Damn, Vesanic's collection was gloriously impressive. Sucks to see it go, really wish he'd have left that up like he said he would.

His Facebook post had said something about the Sharinglungs contest story, and I haven't been here long enough to have seen it. So I looked that stuff up for context. Seems pretty clear that Pink Maggit has serious personal significance to him, stuff I doubt anyone here can really get. It seems trivial to us, but I can believe that what happened would really get to him.

Basically, can't really put judgement on him for such a personal experience. It's too bad what happened, but life goes on. At least we got to enjoy that stuff for years.

jaypayton

you people are crying about the fact a bunch of compressed youtube videos in lesser quality will no longer be online? lol

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 26, 2013, 06:30 AM
you people are crying about the fact a bunch of compressed youtube videos in lesser quality will no longer be online? lol
More like the fact the biggest source of Deftones footage available has disappeared overnight, Over 600 videos that over 3 million people had watched some of which were extremely rare and are likely never to be available again and all the footage was usually from the best sources available including alot of high def stuff, so yeah we're pretty gutted.

from_musings

there seem to be only two ways at looking at this, either you think it's a shame that the videos are gone - and then automatically think that it's understandable that v reacted the way he did when they didn't play the song. or... you think that he acted like a little kid who is very immature and childish, and therefore you think that you don't care about some low quality videos. where is the category of "yes it's sad that the videos are gone but he disgraced himself when he cried like a little bitch about it, and that needs to be said regardless" ? that would be the most logical reaction from a bystander. personally the first facebook reaction was one of the most embarrasing posts i've ever read. still entertaining though