Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

Quote from: pony_01 on Mar 07, 2013, 03:05 PM
anyone knows how much deftones get paid each shows?

They walk around with just a bunch of 1$ bills sooooooo my guess, not all that much :o
Was it like it seemed?...

normsteez

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Mar 07, 2013, 03:27 PM
Quote from: pony_01 on Mar 07, 2013, 03:05 PM
anyone knows how much deftones get paid each shows?

They walk around with just a bunch of 1$ bills sooooooo my guess, not all that much :o

I would guess they make $10K a night as a band, that has to be split equally
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

976-EVIL

OK FUCK THIS !!! my main Man has left us .... breaks my Heart !!!

Vesanic please return to the band you Love above All, (don't let SLY convence U)
ITS ALL GOOD !!! Honestly I don't give a Fuck about your awesome database of DEFTONES...

iT'S ABOUT THE CONVERSATION AND THE BAND...........people lie, YOU ARE BETTER THAN THIS !!!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: RollerDerby on Feb 25, 2013, 11:29 PM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 25, 2013, 10:54 PM
So what happened to V videos and stuff? was he really getting lots of abuse? I had a feeling the videos wouldn't stay up so as soon as he posted that goodbye message on fb I started ripping alot of the stuff of YouTube lucky I did.

He was receiving a lot of verbal abuse from people. People jumping his case because they don't interpret how Chino acted toward him as completely disrespectful. in my opinion, I'm glad he took it down because everyone had live for him until he made the decision to retire from doing everyone a service. he wasn't demanding to be compensated for his work by asking Chino to play pink maggit. he was making a conscious suggestion to a member of the band to switch things up and play something different for once. clearly it worked, I'm sure everyone noticed the setlist changes. however he made the decision to hang up his coat and walk away, leaving everything intact the way it was. No one seemed to grasp that perhaps he was tired of doing everyone a service when they were so eager to bash him.

he wasn't being a whiny bitch as I've seen so many post these past few days. in fact it's everyone giving him Hell that pushed him over the edge and caused the entire community to take a massive loss. everyone needs to quit attacking him. he didn't cause all of this. the clowns who could not let the situation rest, and continued their verbal assault caused this. people's arrogance and egos destroyed this.

I respect V and his decision. and I know I'm gonna have people come after me for this shit for taking his side. honestly, I don't care. I don't want to even be considered a deftones fan sometimes when I come on here and see everyone bashing others. there used to be more to this. a lot of you have lost sight of what this could and should have been. and now, a major piece of that has been stripped away.

I don't feel sorry any of you who will bitch and moan about what he did today. because honestly, it just proves how much time V wasted doing all of you favors all these years.

he never wanted anything, except maybe a thank you here and there. and there is a majority of you, like myself who indulged in his work and appreciated it for what it was. I'm sure he is proud knowing that comforting fact.

It's over, his work is gone. deal with it.
stop your lies
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

jk, this is news to me bc I am that guy who works a lot and has resposibilities....but yes....this is pretty shitty. But some of u will have to suck a different cock now. sorry.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

deftoner664

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Mar 09, 2013, 11:56 PM
jk, this is news to me bc I am that guy who works a lot and has resposibilities....but yes....this is pretty shitty. But some of u will have to suck a different cock now. sorry.

LMFAO!
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

zimbulutheold

Anyone want to post what Ves said on fb? I'm not able to see it.

Jerry_Curls

I love how people talk about Chino's voice being overproduced on KNY, yet I hear so many filters/effects on ATF, WP, and S/T...I feel like his singing on KNY is LESS produced as I can hear his actual voice instead of it being manipulated? Am I crazy?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

nicklav

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Mar 17, 2013, 01:03 AM
I love how people talk about Chino's voice being overproduced on KNY, yet I hear so many filters/effects on ATF, WP, and S/T...I feel like his singing on KNY is LESS produced as I can hear his actual voice instead of it being manipulated? Am I crazy?

I haven't heard anything about it being overproduced, just that the style of his singing in recent albums is a departure from the older ones.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: nicklav on Mar 17, 2013, 01:17 AM
Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Mar 17, 2013, 01:03 AM

I haven't heard anything about it being overproduced, just that the style of his singing in recent albums is a departure from the older ones.
I can't remember anyone saying that either lol

Jerry_Curls

Then I must be crazy... oh wellz haha

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

sooniletugo

Didn't know where to post this but since Deftones took their influence from this particular and rather obscure album and 30 Seconds To Mars are one of those new fag bands that claim to be influenced by the tones, I thought I'd say the artwork for 30STM's new single instantly reminded me of Hum's You'd Prefer an Astronaut.

ignore the fashion

found these in an old box of stuff and decided to scan them.

Jerry_Curls

^thanks man..buddy on here was asking about one of these just yesterday!! Thanks!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

buddyboy101

classssics, thanks for posting!

ignore the fashion

and here is the back of the first post card.

shoop

NASA listens to Deftones in space.. that's pretty rad
OfficialNASAFilms 6 months ago
we listen to this up on the space station all the time

Deftones - Hexagram (live) INCREDIBLE

Sicario

Haven't been on the bs thread in awhile. So what, in a nutshell, happened with Vesanic?
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

ignore the fashion

Quote from: Heisenberg on Mar 23, 2013, 11:04 PM
Haven't been on the bs thread in awhile. So what, in a nutshell, happened with Vesanic?

He asked chino at a show to play pink maggit, he said they would,and they didn't play it.