Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

976-EVIL

Sergio's departure is a bad look for my favorite band.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

sharinglungs

That's a you problem though, considering we've only heard one side of the story.

976-EVIL

Quote from: sharinglungs on Mar 17, 2022, 01:59 PM
That's a you problem though, considering we've only heard one side of the story.

That's part of it, the band is uncomfortably quiet. Especially with the tour approaching. Not taking sides, just don't like the look.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

from_musings

Relax, they just need some time to decide which former bassist of will haven they're gonna pick

GlimmeringMaggit

I just looked through their Reddit page. What a hot mess. Fuck me.

People really need to evaluate their relationship with music and bands when they're demanding statements about a situation that's none of their business, taking sides on little information and getting emotional because someone left a band.

Genuinely laughable there are people saying they don't feel as able to listen to the band right now. It's pathetic.
Formerly LG95

Penicks

that's leddit in a nutshell for ya

from_musings

Deftones fans are really upset that the band fired the greedy stand-in bassist. They're even angrier than lost prophet fans were when they found out that their singer raped babies

Hidalgo

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 19, 2022, 05:16 PM
Deftones fans are really upset that the band fired the greedy stand-in bassist. They're even angrier than lost prophet fans were when they found out that their singer raped babies
yeaa i don't get it, i'm not upset. honestly, he filled in nicely, but like you said, he wasn't there the first 5 albums, from rags to riches, and the first 3 went platinum, and s/t went gold. the height of their popularity. really, Chino is the only none replaceable one (he needs to, and probably does have a contract where he gets the highest % of their income, cause it's his show. he's really unique, & by far the most crucial member). really, Frank is lucky he's official, cause someone like Crook could replace him in a second (but i guess since he  appeared on the first 2 albums as a guest, he kinda earned it)

i sometimes think it would be really interesting to hear a deftones album with Stephen replaced with someone crazy skilled, writing really complex riffs and leads. i wouldn't be opposed

Inkblades

Last night's episode of Atlanta had Earn randomly finding and keeping a Deftones shirt. Seems Donald Glover is a fan.

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 20, 2022, 01:27 AM
Quote from: from_musings on Mar 19, 2022, 05:16 PM
yeaa i don't get it, i'm not upset. honestly, he filled in nicely, but like you said, he wasn't there the first 5 albums, from rags to riches, and the first 3 went platinum, and s/t went gold. the height of their popularity. really, Chino is the only none replaceable one (he needs to, and probably does have a contract where he gets the highest % of their income, cause it's his show. he's really unique, & by far the most crucial member). really, Frank is lucky he's official, cause someone like Crook could replace him in a second (but i guess since he  appeared on the first 2 albums as a guest, he kinda earned it)

i sometimes think it would be really interesting to hear a deftones album with Stephen replaced with someone crazy skilled, writing really complex riffs and leads. i wouldn't be opposed

This made me laugh so hard

GlimmeringMaggit

Abe's drumming on their cover of Wax and Wane grooves so hard.
Formerly LG95

B33HIV3

Nice. Nothing beats digital though

GlimmeringMaggit

Formerly LG95

B33HIV3

Of Course imo, to each their own. It depends on my mood though

GlimmeringMaggit

I was agreeing with you. Digital Bath is one of the great drum intros of all time.
Formerly LG95

B33HIV3

Imo... So just to be clear to everyone, to each their own.

Knucklestones

Quote from: Penicks on May 26, 2018, 01:03 AMcool, there's an instrumental of mission sunset in there as well
There's currently an instrumental of Tropics on that list. I used to have a recording of Mission Sunset's instrumental. Did anybody else record it?