Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG95

Looks like Chino's back on form. Hopefully someone puts the full clip up but this performance of Rosemary sounds beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usd8Sorc4pQ
I could float here forever

sharinglungs

From what i've seen on twitter, Deftones have been killing it today at the SXSW STUBBS show today.

sharinglungs

that hearts/wires clip sounds goooood..

We know from many people saying, that hearts/wires is where the album just takes off / is the best song on the record.

Inkblades

I love how you can see the nighttime Austin skyline in the background. Adds such a cool, futuristic vibe to the performance.

LG95

Looking through clips that have been posted online of the shows this month, Sergio seems to be singing quite a bit more than previously.

Hmmmm...

sharinglungs

I wonder what RF means on the setlists?

LG95

Well Chino plays guitar on all those songs and he doesn't on the others

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: LG95 on Mar 18, 2016, 03:24 PM
Looks like Chino's back on form. Hopefully someone puts the full clip up but this performance of Rosemary sounds beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usd8Sorc4pQ

Wish the intro would sound as twangy on the studio version as it does when they perform it live. One of the moodiest and beautiful sounds they ever came up with, but it sounds kinda lackluster on the album in comparison

Vesanic

Is it me or Stef's sound is kinda different? Less mud let's say?

! No longer available

sooniletugo

Agreed. Rosemary live sounds incredible, that intro is the most fucking beautiful thing ever, but the studio version was such a disappointment.. still a great song but sounds way better live.

Any clips of P/T from this show? I'd like to see it performed live when chino isn't sick haha.

Vesanic

Crowdsurf + pissed screaming on ATF :)

! No longer available

Root ending with some high scream and a fucking solid high note

! No longer available

Vesanic

Quote from: sooniletugo on Mar 18, 2016, 11:34 PM
Any clips of P/T from this show? I'd like to see it performed live when chino isn't sick haha.

Made a thread about the performance of P/T from this show cause Chino's guitar wasn't working so we got to hear what it would sound and look like if it were a classic one guitar + vocalist setup song

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,20827.0.html

E-Money

Yea that intro sounds so rad.  Does anyone know if they were actually playing that or if that's just a recording. The 3 shows I went to last May all had a really dope intro but they weren't actually performing it.

Reichward

Quote from: E-Money on Mar 19, 2016, 12:20 AM
Yea that intro sounds so rad.  Does anyone know if they were actually playing that or if that's just a recording. The 3 shows I went to last May all had a really dope intro but they weren't actually performing it.
I guess it's a recording since google recognized the file when shine down unshy tried to upload it to youtube. Besides, don't the band members make their entrance in the middle of it? When the audiance goes "aaaaaaaaaaaaa CHINO".

shine down unshy

If you watch the clip, they're all in the background..then after the intro starts to wrap up..they come on stage. It really did sound like they were playing it live just because..well it was so loud and booming, not loud like the music they play before the actual show starts.

sooniletugo

Quote from: MrVesanique on Mar 18, 2016, 11:40 PM
Quote from: sooniletugo on Mar 18, 2016, 11:34 PM

Made a thread about the performance of P/T from this show cause Chino's guitar wasn't working so we got to hear what it would sound and look like if it were a classic one guitar + vocalist setup song

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,20827.0.html

Thanks, don't know how I missed that. Interesting.

shine down unshy

Quote from: Reichward on Mar 19, 2016, 12:25 AM
Quote from: E-Money on Mar 19, 2016, 12:20 AM
I guess it's a recording since google recognized the file when shine down unshy tried to upload it to youtube. Besides, don't the band members make their entrance in the middle of it? When the audiance goes "aaaaaaaaaaaaa CHINO".

Know what, I think you're actually right man.  The intro kind of fades out at the end...and I don't think WMG would pick up on a live version of the song.

Menos el Oso

shine down unshy