Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

That little jam session with Stephen on the drums would make the basis for a cool song. Reminded me of Konami Code a bit.

DeftonesNZ

What studio song did he play drums on? I can't remember but I think it's from S/T or SNW maybe Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event

luisch

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Mar 10, 2013, 09:38 PM
What studio song did he play drums on? I can't remember but I think it's from S/T or SNW maybe Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event

The Konami Code.

2013-03-09 - Terminal 5, New York City, USA

Setlist

Diamond Eyes
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Lhabia
Rosemary
Rocket Skates
You've Seen the Butcher
Sextape
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Poltergeist
Tempest
Swerve City
Headup
Around the Fur
Rivière
Change (In the House of Flies)
Bloody Cape

Encore:

Engine No. 9
7 Words

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Timmy666

They pretty much played the same set at The Paramount show. Good Lord. Come on guys. Switch it up.

gwenudo

Quote from: luisch on Mar 10, 2013, 09:44 PM

The Konami Code.

2013-03-09 - Terminal 5, New York City, USA

Setlist

Diamond Eyes
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Lhabia
Rosemary
Rocket Skates
You've Seen the Butcher
Sextape
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Poltergeist
Tempest
Swerve City
Headup
Around the Fur
Rivière
Change (In the House of Flies)
Bloody Cape

Encore:

Engine No. 9
7 Words

Been waiting for around the fur to come back <3 now take off diamond eyes and bring back lotion!!!!!
Was it like it seemed?...

sing blue silver

The Konami Code.

He plays drums on both U,U,D,D,L,R,L,R,A,B,Select,Start and Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event.

billy718

Montclair Setlist:

BQAD
Lotion
My Own Summer
Lhabia
Minerva
Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
CMND/CTRL
Feiticeira
Passenger
Tempest
Poltergeist
Entombed
Swerve City
Change
Engine #9
7 Words

Encore

Nosebleed
Root

billy718

Quick as hell recap...

They totally fucked up the beginning of BQAD.. Stef was playing it too slow, Abe came in late... Sergio was looking around laughing. Chino started singing too late. They would've been better off starting over. They were pretty sloppy to start, but they were having fun. Chino threw the mic to the floor and fell to the ground and sang into it at one point. His voice sounds so much better if you are actually at the venue. It sounds pretty terrible on youtube videos.

Chino straight up knocked over Sergio during Engine #9. Funny shit.

Good show. Nice setlist. My 42nd time seeing them. First time hearing CMND/CTRL, Swerve City, and Entombed live.

luisch

Quote from: billy718 on Mar 11, 2013, 04:14 AM
Quick as hell recap...

They totally fucked up the beginning of BQAD.. Stef was playing it too slow, Abe came in late... Sergio was looking around laughing. Chino started singing too late. They would've been better off starting over. They were pretty sloppy to start, but they were having fun. Chino threw the mic to the floor and fell to the ground and sang into it at one point. His voice sounds so much better if you are actually at the venue. It sounds pretty terrible on youtube videos.

Good show. Nice setlist. My 42nd time seeing them. First time hearing CMND/CTRL, Swerve City, and Entombed live.

thanks man!
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

TheShade1989

Quick as hell recap...

42nd? You're joking? Wow. That is amazing. Wen I saw them in Brixton in february Chino started doing push-ups, it's funny wen you get those little moments like that.

billy718

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Mar 11, 2013, 12:43 PM
Quick as hell recap...

42nd? You're joking? Wow. That is amazing. Wen I saw them in Brixton in february Chino started doing push-ups, it's funny wen you get those little moments like that.

Not joking. Been seeing them at almost every Philly, NJ, NYC show since 1996. I've missed more in the last 5-6 years, but I always go to at least one show when they come around the area.

laurapalmer

15th or so time seeing them and Montclair was definitely in the above average quality. Very very bass heavy sound in that theater.

billy718

Quote from: laurapalmer on Mar 11, 2013, 05:18 PM
15th or so time seeing them and Montclair was definitely in the above average quality. Very very bass heavy sound in that theater.

True. I like seeing them live because Frank's noises are much more noticeable. This theatre drowned them out a lot, IMO. But then again, using tuned down 8 string guitars, you are gonna hear a lot of low end.

Gee

Out of the 2 songs I didn't really care for from KNY -Romantic Dreams and Entombed- I gotta say this last one goes to another level when played live. Seeing Stef playing that riff feels fresh and new. It's a shame Chino can't hit all the notes, but hey, it's Chino.

Cmnd/Ctrl. Severely. Kicks. Ass. Live.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

billy718

Quote from: Gee on Mar 11, 2013, 06:28 PM

Out of the 2 songs I didn't really care for from KNY -Romantic Dreams and Entombed- I gotta say this last one goes to another level when played live. Seeing Stef playing that riff feels fresh and new. It's a shame Chino can't hit all the notes, but hey, it's Chino.

Cmnd/Ctrl. Severely. Kicks. Ass. Live.

Yes, it does. I wish he decided to do this much singing about 10 years ago before his voice was completely fucked. But, they can do some magic in the studio so at least we have that.

Electron§

Quote from: sing blue silver on Mar 11, 2013, 02:41 AM

The Konami Code.

He plays drums on both U,U,D,D,L,R,L,R,A,B,Select,Start and Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event.

He also apparently wrote "Cherry Waves" drum beat.

As for the little jam, reminded me a lot of "Iceache".

976-EVIL

Steph and Chino do what they do...
I remember an interview with Chino as they Recorded Aniversarty of an Unerstesting Event

Very ambiant..Stephen on the kick drum and Chino on the Keys...SNW was a great record.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Mar 12, 2013, 06:31 AM
Steph and Chino do what they do...
I remember an interview with Chino as they Recorded Aniversarty of an Unerstesting Event

Very ambiant..Stephen on the kick drum and Chino on the Keys...SNW was a great record.
Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event was on Deftones...

care to track down this video? I'd love to see it
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

sooniletugo

Wasn't it Chino who plays drums on Anniversary? And stephen on Konami Code.

nicklav

Quote from: sooniletugo on Mar 12, 2013, 03:05 PM
Wasn't it Chino who plays drums on Anniversary? And stephen on Konami Code.

Thought he was the piano.