Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

Anybody think theyll sell VIP tickets or something for the a7x and deftones show? Hope they do.. gotta see steff and abe!
Was it like it seemed?...

lungdamage

Quote from: pinkmaggit69 on Jun 11, 2013, 03:36 AM
Just watch......badass.

Deftones Orion Detroit Rocket Skates

he definitely has a new tactic to not lose his shoes constantly now !! hahaha

ps - only seen them end with 'head up' the first time i saw them circa 'around the fur' tours. every single other time.... it has been 7 words. wish they'd swap it up more.... :(  mostly bored / 7 words.    once nosebleed / 7 words though...

Bza々

anyone know what this is from? On youtube?

defburn

gwenudo

Quote from: Bza々 on Jul 30, 2013, 11:17 AM

Its probably from the chi benefits where they had a bunch of musical guests come and play with them. Not sure at all though
Was it like it seemed?...

cvthedrv

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Jul 31, 2013, 01:27 PM
Quote from: Bza々 on Jul 30, 2013, 11:17 AM

Its probably from the chi benefits where they had a bunch of musical guests come and play with them. Not sure at all though

i dont think so, chino is using that joy division shitty tee, and thats from 2013 or 2012.

deftoolsys07

i forget her name, isn't that the one that sung passenger with them? i think it's hayley or something... from paramore or evanescence or one of those chick bands

edit: hayley williams from paramore.
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

cvthedrv

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jul 31, 2013, 05:22 PM
i forget her name, isn't that the one that sung passenger with them? i think it's hayley or something... from paramore or evanescence or one of those chick bands

edit: hayley williams from paramore.

no, its not hayley williams.

Bza々

Supposedly she's some deaf girl. I don't know the details. It's gotta be on Youtube somewhere.

defburn

pinata89

Ugh :-\ just regretfully bought tix to see the Deftones OPEN for A7X.  I did, however, see a post on Deftones Instagram about rehearsals,....wishfully thinking they may play a dramatically different setlist for this tour, as painful as it will be.  I think I might just leave after Deftones finish.

N0S3BLEED976

I really hope they're rehearsing some other songs from KNY. I'd love to hear Gauze, Graphic Nature and What Happened To You? live.

ANattyRat

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Aug 01, 2013, 02:39 PM
I really hope they're rehearsing some other songs from KNY. I'd love to hear Gauze, Graphic Nature and What Happened To You? live.

Same, but at this point, I really doubt it.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: ANattyRat on Aug 01, 2013, 08:09 PM
Same, but at this point, I really doubt it.
I can't believe they just ignore those songs. I remember them claiming in an interview that they don't write songs for the purpose of bringing out an album people can buy and listen to at home, but rather for having new material for their live shows. Do I sense some hipocrisy there?

pinata89

While I do wish they would play some more obscure stuff (off of ALL of their albums, not just Koi No Yokan--thinking more along the lines of Saturday Night Wrist or Deftones), you cannot deny their relentless touring.  I must give them much credibility there.  I'm sure it becomes pretty boring to play the same old songs every night, but at the same time, probably becomes a headache to rehearse newer ones mid-tour.

Here's to hoping that's why they are even coordinating "rehearsal's" for the upcoming tour with A7X--especially after just finishing the tour in support of Koi No Yokan.  To me, this means they are at least going to attempt to play some stuff they hadn't for the past 6 months.  The other side of me says they will select a measly 14 song set full of hits and play those every night of the tour knowing they're playing to a bunch of A7X fans.

Starz

Quote from: pinata89 on Aug 01, 2013, 11:17 PM
The other side of me says they will select a measly 14 song set full of hits and play those every night of the tour knowing they're playing to a bunch of A7X fans.

Yes, I think this is the real answer.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: lungdamage on Jul 25, 2013, 09:13 AM
Quote from: pinkmaggit69 on Jun 11, 2013, 03:36 AM
Just watch......badass.

Deftones Orion Detroit Rocket Skates

he definitely has a new tactic to not lose his shoes constantly now !! hahaha

ps - only seen them end with 'head up' the first time i saw them circa 'around the fur' tours. every single other time.... it has been 7 words. wish they'd swap it up more.... :(  mostly bored / 7 words.    once nosebleed / 7 words though...

Now that I think about it, the first time I saw them in 04, they closed with Bloody Cape...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

defburn