Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurtone

They really need to invest in those monitors that scroll the lyrics. Gore was painful lol

LG95

Was just thinking, it would be cool as fuck if they played something like Smile tonight.
I could float here forever

Gaz

Quote from: Penicks on May 30, 2018, 02:52 PM
Quote from: LG95 on May 30, 2018, 12:23 AM
Chino needs to lose some weight and look after his voice again. Kimdracula sounds alright up til the end of the chorus and the start of the second verse when he runs out of steam.

He seems to be able to falsetto certain bits out now but there's a point just below those notes when he needs to belt it a little and doesn't seem to have the power to do it (and it's kind of painful watching him try).

he's 45 dude

Agreed, Chino ain't no spring chicken anymore. Some of you people need to realise that his voice isn't going to improve overnight, think of all the years of screaming, touring, drinking, smoking. it takes it's toll on vocal chords.

Good to see the setlist is getting mixed up

M1A$AP

Quote from: LG95 on May 30, 2018, 05:00 PM
Quote from: Penicks on May 30, 2018, 02:52 PM
Quote from: LG95 on May 30, 2018, 12:23 AM
Chino needs to lose some weight and look after his voice again. Kimdracula sounds alright up til the end of the chorus and the start of the second verse when he runs out of steam.

He seems to be able to falsetto certain bits out now but there's a point just below those notes when he needs to belt it a little and doesn't seem to have the power to do it (and it's kind of painful watching him try).

he's 45 dude
I know but there other rock vocalists his age that are managing fine. If his voice was fucked then I'd get it but he's able to hit the notes sometimes and then struggles awfully at other times. If he lost some weight and looked after himself a little more then he'd be more comfortable.

Quote from: Vesanic on May 30, 2018, 12:00 PM
Night 2 out of 3 in Chile

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2018/teatro-coliseo-santiago-chile-bed05da.html

Finally they played songs from each record!

I don't want to hype it up for nothing, but they never played three nights in a row at the same place if I'm correct. If there was ever a time for rarities, night 3 in Chile will be the one.

Maybe they'll bring back Combat or Battle-axe? Or maybe premiere Gauze or This Place is Death...
That's what I thought. I'd be happy with just a couple of those sort of songs. Battle-Axe would be great but I think that's one of those that Chino doesn't want to do anymore.

He's actually getting fat. He has lot of weight, since 10 years ago.

Vesanic

Santiago night 3 setlist

[spoiler]Royal
Rubicon
What Happened To You?
Hole in the Earth
Nosebleed
7 Words
(L)MIRL
Entombed
Rocket Skates
My Own Summer
MX
When Girls Telephone Boys
Beauty School
Moana (First time since 2004)
Change
RX Queen

Bored
Root[/spoiler]

It leaked. Hands down their best setlist in the last decade. Hope they don't ditch songs.

kurtone

Quote from: Vesanic on May 31, 2018, 05:00 AM
Santiago night 3 setlist

[spoiler]Royal
Rubicon
What Happened To You?
Hole in the Earth
Nosebleed
7 Words
(L)MIRL
Entombed
Rocket Skates
My Own Summer
MX
When Girls Telephone Boys
Beauty School
Moana (First time since 2004)
Change
RX Queen

Bored
Root[/spoiler]

It leaked. Hands down their best setlist in the last decade. Hope they don't ditch songs.

Talk about a breath of fresh air. Hopefully they stick close to that and it was filmed like the last two nights.

Dath

Moana is a fucking treat and my spirit will leave my body if they actually play it

Vesanic

No Moana

ANattyRat

Shame about Moana but still a great setlist.

therealdaebat

---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

M1A$AP

their best setlist in the last decade? It doesn't look like anything to me.

Vesanic

I can't believe you keep coming back here.

Slacker

overall it was an amazing experience.

they said they had 2 sets, and you know how that usually goes, but they actually played 3 different freaking sets.

i think it came out to fucking 45 individual deftones songs... over the 3 nights.

by god we got treated

i have to say that closing the nights with the adrenaline throwback was something very special. *teardrop*

Vesanic

Standard set in Argentina. WHTY was played again. Guess that's what we'll get in London...

chino68800

ANattyRat

Hoping they'll add a couple of Gore songs for London so it'll be something new for me, but it'll be an awesome show nonetheless.

Longstem

Quote from: ANattyRat on Jun 02, 2018, 02:09 PM
Hoping they'll add a couple of Gore songs for London so it'll be something new for me, but it'll be an awesome show nonetheless.

I'm honestly very curious to see what the setlist will be in years. I don't have a clue...
I just can't imagine a hardcore metal Deftones while we are seated. I would prefer a chill setlist, let Frank step his game :)

Think this will be one their best performances ever or just the most shitty one.

LG95

This is the third year in a row that they've played London and the previous two setlists were pretty different so I don't know what to expect. It could be a fairly straightforward setlist given it's technically a festival they're playing but then I think most people have bought tickets because it's Deftones, not because of the festival. Hopefully they'll shake the setlist up in a similar way to the last two.
I could float here forever

Vesanic

It's a festival but not your typical one. It's a headline set per day, so there you go. It'll be in a kind of theater, seated and shit. 

All the songs played at the last two London shows were played during this South American round, with the exceptions of Geometric Headdress and Rickets. I'm not expecting any notable switch ups, but as usual... who knows? The set up for this show will be real weird if kept as is.

The Alexandra Palace show was really good.