Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cullision

There are some atrocious moments as well, like when Chino screams sky in pittura. That is shockingly ugly.

pinata89

Quote from: Cullision on Apr 21, 2016, 04:40 AM
There are some atrocious moments as well, like when Chino screams sky in pittura. That is shockingly ugly.
I find it Björk-ish (but I love Björk, so I don't have the same opinion). It's not native to Chino's range or style, but I like that he pushed himself out of his comfort zone.

nicklav

Yeah I kinda like that actually.

E-Money

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 21, 2016, 04:35 AM
Rubicon...that is all.😉

Fact is, this album is strong, and there are lots of strong moments. I think we can all agree on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup rubicon just nails it for me. Maybe my favorite song they have ever done. And it's the perfect closer to the record. Such an uplifting track. Makes me want to throw my arms up and scream !!

from_musings

it's finally here,a summary of swedish newspaper's reviews of gore y'all been waiting for:

the grades are 5/6, 4/5, 4/5, 8/10, 4/5

Hinojos

Any idea of what he actually says at 2:55 of Gore? It's different from the booklet.
The booklet has it as:
We'll slip right through these gates together someday
We'll slip right through these gates together forever

The actual lyrics are:
We'll slip right through these gates together someday
We'll (slip/trip) right through ? forever someday

sooniletugo

Good question, I've been wondering too. it sounds like" we'll slip right through you slay forever" but I can't make out what he's actually saying

pixElsblUr

Quote from: nicklav on Apr 21, 2016, 04:33 AM
I disagree. Geometric is a good song, but Acid Hologram is the best song on the album.

I think I am on board with this

punkflop01

pinkmaggit69

I love that vocal....possibly my favorite on the album.

Drinks won't stain this birth!

B_S_79

GH, AH, and (L)mirl are my favorites. I've really shifted on Phantom Bride and Rubicon - I've been skipping them lately. Tracks 4-8 is my (personal) favorite stretch on the album.

m1nusblindfoLd

Dude this part is great, as well as the surrounding moments of that. Do you want it to be perfectly clean and pop-sounding? I think the imperfection of it is great. The way he sings there is "real" feeling and meaningful. Feels epic.

Braincleaner

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Apr 22, 2016, 03:31 PM
Dude this part is great, as well as the surrounding moments of that. Do you want it to be perfectly clean and pop-sounding? I think the imperfection of it is great. The way he sings there is "real" feeling and meaningful. Feels epic.

Agreed
Pittura is really growing on me

pinata89

Quote from: Braincleaner on Apr 22, 2016, 03:52 PM
Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Apr 22, 2016, 03:31 PM

Agreed
Pittura is really growing on me
I've said it a few times, but the vocals on this song are very Björk like, and I love that. Very raw, childlike delivery--i love how unpolished it is!

sooniletugo

There are many peaks on the album. That part of PI might be the highest one.

Cullision

Lol well apparently pittura is everyone's favorite song even though it was first to be eliminated. That part makes me cringe because it just sounds like someone singing far out of where they should be. I understand part of what makes Chino an interesting vocalist is his somewhat broken and imperfect voice, but that part just rubs me the wrong way. I guess I'm just not a huge fan of the big soaring singing style Chino has adopted on these last three albums.

shine down unshy

Pittura Infamante brings to my mind a scene from The Fountain where Hugh Jackman cuts open the tree of life and drinks the delicious tree elixir and the wild growth takes him from the inside out.
It just reminds me of that whole movie. The lyrics have that medieval undertone, to me.

Shadow46/2

Child-like is the perfect way to describe it. Definitely feeling the bjork influences

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

from_musings

B-side-like is the perfect way to describe it

LG95

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 22, 2016, 06:37 PM
B-side-like is the perfect way to describe it
I could float here forever