Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knucklestones

Reichward

This teaser doesn't surprise me in the least, it's just like Chino said when he described the new songs as having "a lot of different moods". Besides, with the last couple of albums we knew they were heading towards a softer-sounding approach. I'm really curious to hear the entire album and how it's going to contrast with a rawer, harder sound.

sharinglungs

kitesvera

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Feb 03, 2016, 06:29 PM
Quote from: kitesvera on Feb 03, 2016, 06:25 PM
that shoe gaze sound is coming through quite a bit.

Like the Coldplay-ish guitar sound in the background? lol

COLDPLAY??? DA Fuck dude. Nah, I'm talking about the fucking shoe gaze as fuck guitar riff in the forefront. sounds nothing like coldplay...

Slacker

im hearing:

radios (radios)
lay on the lines

you will never be saved
you you will never be saved

triangles (triangles)
placed in your mind (placed in your mind)

you will never be saved
you will never be saved

prayers! (prayers)
triangles! (triangles)
radios!

you will never be saved
you will never be saved

ANattyRat

Quote from: RaptureWS on Feb 03, 2016, 06:39 PM
One thing that surprises me is that the name of the song is Prayers/Triangles. The names of Deftones songs are very rarely a lyric too. With a name like Prayers/Triangles, I was almost expecting a two-part song, similar to Green Day's Brain Stew/Jaded. The backup vocals are kind of cheesy I admit but other than that I am very impressed and excited :)

Same here, when I realised he was saying Prayers/Triangles, I was quite taken aback, haha. It has happened though. As for the /, I guess it's like CMND/CTRL. This song isn't about prayers. This song isn't about triangles. It's about prayers AND triangles.

phil for real

Well, this was severely disappointing.  Was hoping for the more lush sounding Chino vocals. 

Bifrost

I like it but I gotta say the vocal pattern isn't my favorite - lyrically as well, I know Chino likes to go more esoteric/abstract these days but I kind of miss his older style, I just found it easier to relate too.  :-\

I am still excited for the album though, maybe when I get more I will feel differently. - I guess you can say I feel like more ~ haha! ok I am done.

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: kitesvera on Feb 03, 2016, 06:46 PM
Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Feb 03, 2016, 06:29 PM
Quote from: kitesvera on Feb 03, 2016, 06:25 PM
that shoe gaze sound is coming through quite a bit.

Like the Coldplay-ish guitar sound in the background? lol

COLDPLAY??? DA Fuck dude. Nah, I'm talking about the fucking shoe gaze as fuck guitar riff in the forefront. sounds nothing like coldplay...

Lmao I was just saying it because I searched YouTube for shoegazing sounds (since I am unaware) and it kind of sounded like that effect that I do hear in the song that slightly reminds me of a variation of what I hear in Coldplay ha.

greGORErio

:D

plagasx

I agree. I don't like the backup vocals. Chino never needed it before..

stu_101

Overall, I think it sounds great. On first listen, not so much a fan of the backing vox - sounds quite mainstream but can't say for sure until it's in its entirety. Guitars sounds awesome. Roll on tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarloDefDonno

I just hope he's gonna scream his ass off in this new album. KNY was disappointing from this point of view.

sharinglungs

Quote from: greGORErio on Feb 03, 2016, 06:52 PM
Prayers laid on your mind to be saved ... You will never be saved ... Triangles placed in your mind you will never be saved you will never be saved

I think this guys in the know... so i'm going with these as the lyrics.

RaptureWS

Quote from: sharinglungs on Feb 03, 2016, 07:05 PM
Prayers laid on your mind to be saved ... You will never be saved ... Triangles placed in your mind you will never be saved you will never be saved

It would be neat if one of these days (after Deftones hang em' up for good) the band come out and said 'Oh yeah, you remember so-and-so from the forums? That was _____".

I doubt any band member would be lurking around here at this time, but if GreGORErio was an actual member, my guess would be on Abe ;)
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

sharinglungs

Quote from: RaptureWS on Feb 03, 2016, 07:09 PM

It would be neat if one of these days (after Deftones hang em' up for good) the band come out and said 'Oh yeah, you remember so-and-so from the forums? That was _____".

I doubt any band member would be lurking around here at this time, but if GreGORErio was an actual member, my guess would be on Abe ;)

I dunno if he's a band member, but when he signed up, he had the flamingo pic before we ever saw the cover art.

Knucklestones

Quote from: sharinglungs on Feb 03, 2016, 07:10 PM

I dunno if he's a band member, but when he signed up, he had the flamingo pic before we ever saw the cover art.
Probably not a member. But somebody in the band's camp?

sharinglungs

Quote from: Knucklestones on Feb 03, 2016, 07:19 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Feb 03, 2016, 07:10 PM

Probably not a member. But somebody in the band's camp?

That's my guess.

Slacker

so worldwide debut? tomorrow? bbc?

vintage deftones