Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luisch

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Feb 04, 2016, 05:35 PM
Oh my god, there's some awesome screaming on this one!

aggressively necessary
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 04, 2016, 05:37 PM
I really did not get a sense of the song at all from that, lol. His voice sounds nice on the verses, though.

You didn't get a sense of the song by hearing the song?

xbloodycape

mono

it's different, but it's amazing. More experimental someway, love the non classic screams. good one

defTHE1s

That radio quality sucked balls but I can say I'm okay with it.
Hope they release at least a lyric video w/decent qality!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Inkblades

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Feb 04, 2016, 05:38 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 04, 2016, 05:37 PM
I really did not get a sense of the song at all from that, lol. His voice sounds nice on the verses, though.

You didn't get a sense of the song by hearing the song?

Not really. Sometimes I have to hear a song a couple times to really get the melodies, intricacies, etc.

Poltergeist

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Feb 04, 2016, 05:36 PM
Quote from: Poltergeist on Feb 04, 2016, 05:35 PM
It honestly wasn't that good. Wtf @ the bridge

Haters already.

Not a hater, just someone who doesn't bow down and glorify everything the band spews out. I'm sure there are going to be much better tracks on this record.

Far away

Entombed

I love the Deftones, but I'm disappointed in Prayers/Triangles. Probably my least favorite "single" since "Mein."
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.

Reichward

Crap sound indeed but I'm looking foward to hearing it again with a proper quality.

So where should I upload it?

therealdaebat

Quote from: Reichward on Feb 04, 2016, 05:40 PM
Crap sound indeed but I'm looking foward to hearing it again with a proper quality.

mega
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

xbloodycape

Definitely sounds like Steph didn't actually use all eight strings in this song. It sounds like you could play it on a regular 6 string.

CarloDefDonno

Anywhere. JUST DO IT!

alio die

guitar riff is cool. lyrics are a little silly and recycle, the chorus in particular.

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Feb 04, 2016, 05:41 PM

Anywhere. JUST DO IT!

+9999

kitesvera

that song was fucking sick. please upload and drop the link here!!!!

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Far away

Quote from: Entombed on Feb 04, 2016, 05:39 PM
I love the Deftones, but I'm disappointed in Prayers/Triangles.

The bridge vocals ruined for me. Instrumentally, I liked it. And please dont start with the "haters" crap. I dont have to like every tune they create just because they are my fav band.

Cool bass line, way better (IMO) guitar tune, cool chorus. I just didnt like the part where he sings the bridge.

ANattyRat

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Feb 04, 2016, 05:35 PM
Oh my god, there's some awesome screaming on this one!

Really? I felt like the screaming was a bit here and there, but felt like the effect on the vocals made it sound more aggressive than it would've sounded without.

Love the song. In some ways it's just another Deftones song, but in other ways there are elements of experimentation. I don't think this is a representation of the album, though. I think they chose this song to release first simply because it's the kind of song that sums up their core music, their sound, the best. Not necessarily that it's the best song on the album, or the most unique or experimental. Just the one that caters to the majority of their fans the most.

What's the word he's repeating? Sounds like "Beware." Anyway, I love the music during that part, and then during the screaming.

I'm really looking forward to this album, I think it'll be awesome, I can't wait to hear the more out-there and darker content.

Knucklestones

I recorded the interview and the song + the second time it played. I'll drop a link as well.