Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow46/2

Really excited for Doomed User. Apparently starts out with a really classic metal sounding riff with clean vocals over it.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

people are people

Quote from: deftoner664 on Feb 16, 2016, 10:11 PM
Good bits from the Podcast

Chino said the 12th track was cut because it didn't fit and flow with the rest of the album, but was one of his favorite tracks of the record.

Acid Hologram : Julee Cruise and Meshuggah inspired (in the opinion of podcast interviewer) - balance of crushing and ethereal sound... dark lyrical content.

Pittura Infamante: Lyrical content is linked to calling someone out/shaming someone..." inspired by paintings and murals from ages ago;used to express how someone has done something wrong or shameful. Also linked with how modern day media does this with celebrities (in the opinion of the interviewer).

L(MIRL): considered the heaviest track and has a Bjork influence coming through (I guess vocally).

Xenon: Has a direct connection to the video game because of the electronic 80's video game inspired sounds in the song.

Hearts & Wires: Interviewers favorite song... Chino denotes it as a strong point of the record and bumps up the record a notch.

Chino talks about Sergio's use of the Fender VI baritone guitar filling in a broader range of frequencies of the record against Stephens low tuned guitars; ultimately complimenting their sound and expanding it.

Phantom Bride: "an unconventional left turn" according to Chino.. Jerry Cantrell's spot light for the guitar solo.

Okaaay. This is 2fucking good. I'm so excited to hear the whole album, 4real.
The struggle, therefore, is to try and cultivate the virtuous side of these shortcomings: Certain things in life simply have to be experienced - and never explained.

HooiserBowhunter

I wonder if we will ever hear the song that he said they decided not to put on the album. I still feel like its an absolute tragedy that Lovers was never on the self titled album. Also I like the fact that Chino was cool, and giving us hints on twitter.

Knucklestones

Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on Feb 17, 2016, 02:48 AM
I wonder if we will ever hear the song that he said they decided not to put on the album. I still feel like its an absolute tragedy that Lovers was never on the self titled album. Also I like the fact that Chino was cool, and giving us hints on twitter.
Probably not. We haven't heard the song that was left off of Diamond Eyes. Let's hope it becomes a b side.

E-Money

I really hope they record a couple of covers this time. I also hope we get to hear that deleted song coming up.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Reichward on Feb 16, 2016, 09:38 PM
Quote from: E-Money on Feb 16, 2016, 05:29 PM
Did I get from that interview that LMILR is heavy as fuck? I had it on in the background as I was working so was kinda listening with one ear.. I think that's what Daniel said...
I can confirm that he said that. The heaviest on the album.

Interesting. Have the song lengths been confirmed? Because (L)MIRL will also be the shortest Deftones song. We get heaviness, but only less than two minutes long, haha.

Can't wait to hear this album, and especially Acid Hologram, I want some darkness again, it's been a while.

laurapalmer

The wiki song lengths are 100% false

snw9

Quote from: deftoner664 on Feb 16, 2016, 10:11 PM
Good bits from the Podcast

Chino said the 12th track was cut because it didn't fit and flow with the rest of the album, but was one of his favorite tracks of the record.

Acid Hologram : Julee Cruise and Meshuggah inspired (in the opinion of podcast interviewer) - balance of crushing and ethereal sound... dark lyrical content.

Pittura Infamante: Lyrical content is linked to calling someone out/shaming someone..." inspired by paintings and murals from ages ago;used to express how someone has done something wrong or shameful. Also linked with how modern day media does this with celebrities (in the opinion of the interviewer).

L(MIRL): considered the heaviest track and has a Bjork influence coming through (I guess vocally).

Xenon: Has a direct connection to the video game because of the electronic 80's video game inspired sounds in the song.

Hearts & Wires: Interviewers favorite song... Chino denotes it as a strong point of the record and bumps up the record a notch.

Chino talks about Sergio's use of the Fender VI baritone guitar filling in a broader range of frequencies of the record against Stephens low tuned guitars; ultimately complimenting their sound and expanding it.

Phantom Bride: "an unconventional left turn" according to Chino.. Jerry Cantrell's spot light for the guitar solo.

Thanks for sharing this. Can't wait to hear Acid Hologram and L(MIRL)!
Code: [Select]

Inkblades

Carter mentioned that Cantrell's solo sounds triumphant. That's definitely the vibe I got from Chuck's instagram clip.

King Leer

in all honesty... fuck chuck's instagram clip. if anything he'd ruined the particular listening experience of that song at least to me(if it is the legit Jerry solo). This was supposed to be a highlight of this album and for chuck to leak it, it's both fucked up and just plain wrong.  But that's just me

therealdaebat

Quote from: King Leer on Feb 17, 2016, 02:35 PM
in all honesty... fuck chuck's instagram clip. if anything he'd ruined the particular listening experience of that song at least to me(if it is the legit Jerry solo). This was supposed to be a highlight of this album and for chuck to leak it, it's both fucked up and just plain wrong.  But that's just me

Don't listen then.. I didn't. I only listened to Prayers/Triangles twice to preserve the flow of the album.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Capt Snow

Quote from: therealdaebat on Feb 17, 2016, 03:17 PM

Don't listen then.. I didn't. I only listened to Prayers/Triangles twice to preserve the flow of the album.

>preserving the flow of the album

ANattyRat

No-one made you listen to it enough for it to ruin it. I've listened to all the supposed Deftones clips and I remember none of them because I didn't listen too much. If you knew, or suspected, like everyone here did, that those clips were new Deftones songs, and that the guitar clip was Jerry's solo, why would you listen to it at all if you're the kind of person who needs everyone to be new and fresh? That's your own fault, dude.

King Leer

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 17, 2016, 04:10 PM

No-one made you listen to it enough for it to ruin it. I've listened to all the supposed Deftones clips and I remember none of them because I didn't listen too much. If you knew, or suspected, like everyone here did, that those clips were new Deftones songs, and that the guitar clip was Jerry's solo, why would you listen to it at all if you're the kind of person who needs everyone to be new and fresh? That's your own fault, dude.

Who says i have repeated the clip it enough for it to ruin it for me? like everybody i was curious and listened to it twice and to this day i just don't believe that, that particular clip is Jerry's solo i'm just saying that hypothetically if it is then it's a bummer that i had to give in and listen to the shitty clip. but whatever i still get your point. but like the other dude said im still  preserving the flow of the album.

Penicks

Quote from: Capt Snow on Feb 17, 2016, 03:36 PM
Quote from: therealdaebat on Feb 17, 2016, 03:17 PM

>preserving the flow of the album

>using meme arrows anywhere else but 4chan

pinkmaggit69

preserving the flow of the album???
It's the first track on the record. 

Drinks won't stain this birth!

snw9

Quote from: King Leer on Feb 17, 2016, 04:54 PM

Who says i have repeated the clip it enough for it to ruin it for me? like everybody i was curious and listened to it twice and to this day i just don't believe that, that particular clip is Jerry's solo i'm just saying that hypothetically if it is then it's a bummer that i had to give in and listen to the shitty clip. but whatever i still get your point. but like the other dude said im still  preserving the flow of the album.

Chuck's instagram clips gave me optimism that I would really like this record. I've been looping the second clip (which follows the lines of Beware).
Code: [Select]

King Leer

Quote from: snw9 on Feb 17, 2016, 06:52 PM
Quote from: King Leer on Feb 17, 2016, 04:54 PM

Chuck's instagram clips gave me optimism that I would really like this record. I've been looping the second clip (which follows the lines of Beware).

to each his/her own if it gives you optimism then that's awesome. Don't get me wrong i believe many of us will like this album but obviously they'll be detractors as well. that's the beauty of a new album cycle.

ZND84

Val

Quote from: ZND84 on Feb 17, 2016, 10:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9yZLabBpus

does someone know what this is
Inclined to be believed as Fake. The original youtube page that uploaded it has a bunch of clickbait leak videos with cover band songs on it.