Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

976-EVIL

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 03, 2020, 08:26 AM
One music snippet from Chuck Doom, and this topic has a whole extra page?

Desperate days my friend...

*trembles in moderator*
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Vesanic

It's coming I'm sure. Two more hours.

I'll try to see if the other mods could help though...

Gaz

Hoping we get some kind of news this week. If not, I fear the album will be pushed back. If it was coming in Sep there should be a lot of press out there by now

leatherz

Quote from: Prty on Aug 03, 2020, 05:23 AM
Chuck Doom's set location on his recent instagram post seems interesting, wont say more then that.

Well check this post on VinylCollective about the new record:
https://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/143209-po-soon-deftones-album-nine/?do=findComment&comment=2905542

OP mentioned Urantia as a song detected by A-Ha Music last wednesday. The hype is real.

LG95

Our boy Stef is 50 today. What better day to announce the new record...

(Obviously won't happen. Hopefully this week though.)
I could float here forever

Inkblades

Quote from: Gaz on Aug 03, 2020, 12:44 PM
Hoping we get some kind of news this week. If not, I fear the album will be pushed back. If it was coming in Sep there should be a lot of press out there by now

Absolutely. This week or bust.

aj

This may have already been said but I have a hunch that Smile will be on this record. Probably complete nonsense of course...

976-EVIL

Quote from: aj on Aug 04, 2020, 12:58 AM
This may have already been said but I have a hunch that Smile will be on this record. Probably complete nonsense of course...

Actually this wouldn't surprise me at all. It's already out there and a brilliant track.

Formant

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Aug 04, 2020, 01:24 AM
Quote from: aj on Aug 04, 2020, 12:58 AM

Actually this wouldn't surprise me at all. It's already out there and a brilliant track.

That doesn't seem to me like Deftones' MO. Plus there are probably copyright obstacles to that as well with WB.

But hell, if they wanted to do it and they got clearance I wouldn't complain-- I love that track to death. I definitely want that song officially released at some point.

Inkblades

I love Smile, but I don't want it on the new album. Keep it for the album it was intended for.

976-EVIL

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 04, 2020, 04:41 AM
I love Smile, but I don't want it on the new album. Keep it for the album it was intended for.

If only Eros would be released, hopefully in my lifetime.

plagasx

Nah, don't want a song that I have listened to to death already lol. I love Smile but I'd rather a new song be in place.

Inkblades

Plus Smile has a very specific sound and it's of the utmost importance that the songs fit together. It would be the same if you tried to tack it on to Gore. It would sound totally out of place.

Vesanic

E-Money

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 04, 2020, 05:57 AM
Plus Smile has a very specific sound and it's of the utmost importance that the songs fit together. It would be the same if you tried to tack it on to Gore. It would sound totally out of place.

Agreed, I just hope the guitar work from Stephen is more interesting this time around. I really liked what he did with Smile.. was really disappointed with his contributions to Gore... he can do much better. Rubicon was pretty cool tho.

Roidragee

They should a deluxe edition for the new album and add Melaine, Dallas, and one more Eros song they have almost completed

sharinglungs

Is today the day we get some sliver of information?

Thanatos

At this point if they want to delay it, I'd like to know that too. Just come out and say hey, due to COVID the label wants to wait and release the album. At least then we'd know and could wait. Waiting isn't hard in and of itself. It's hard when things leak and people get excited so you feel like every day something is coming but it doesn't. I doubt we get anything this week which makes September look like a dream.

Roidragee

I think they will announce sometime this month. Maybe mid August but I dont even know now

Lugosi_Jaws

Single drops in Sept. album drop's Halloween. I love to see a Animated music video  for the first single.