Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Yeah no. Deftones are still one of the most influential rock bands of this generation and have millions of fans worldwide.

Inkblades

That picture reminds me of an old-fashioned electric light board (for lack of a better description, not exactly a science major lol) or something.

Matthewtheloser

geraavl08

wbasmith

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 14, 2020, 07:36 PM
Anyone can read braille?

Just done a bit of reading on brail, dont reckon it is cus there's those faint grey dots as well. Doesnt really fit into how works. Unless we ignore the colours?

rainnyx4

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 14, 2020, 07:38 PM
Yeah no. Deftones are still one of the most influential rock bands of this generation and have millions of fans worldwide.

You have to qualify "millions of fans" a little better. Sure, there are millions of people who consider themselves fans, they like their music. How many of those are visiting their site on the regular, and again, of those, how many are desperately searching for clues?

This is my favorite band and one that I'm completely obsessed with (obviously since I'm on this site arguing about them) and I've rarely visited their homepage over the years. I've got a bunch of friends that are really into the band and I'd doubt that even half of them have been their webpage.

Vesanic

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 14, 2020, 07:39 PM
That picture reminds me of an old-fashioned electric light board (for lack of a better description, not exactly a science major lol) or something.

That's what I was thinking.

Inkblades

Vesanic

Of course you would have some people linking their black DP to blacklivesmatter and disputing the stance. For crying out loud.

There Will Be Blood

This shit reminds me back in the day putting white pony cd in my computer and unlocking playing the Pac-Man game with the horse and the band members we're the ghost trying to get you.

wbasmith

Unlikely as I think this is, everything going black - Black Stallion?

Vesanic

Quote from: wbasmith on Aug 14, 2020, 07:41 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 14, 2020, 07:36 PM
Anyone can read braille?

Just done a bit of reading on brail, dont reckon it is cus there's those faint grey dots as well. Doesnt really fit into how works. Unless we ignore the colours?

Yeah I think it just looks like it. Way too much text if it actually was.

Matthewtheloser

Deftones also just created a playlist on Spotify and there's a link to the website in the description

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: wbasmith on Aug 14, 2020, 07:46 PM
Unlikely as I think this is, everything going black - Black Stallion?
Could be. This artist I follow on Instagram named Richey Beckett just posted a picture on Instagram this morning of this White Pony Revolver magazine box set thing that he illustrated. The box set is black and everything

sharinglungs

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 14, 2020, 07:47 PM
Deftones also just created a playlist on Spotify and there's a link to the website in the description

What playlist did they create

ghostofemilydickinson

Last thing Chino posted to Twitter was a track called "The Lights Are Going Out" by OMD. Coincidence?

Also, title of the album pretty much confirmed in all that source code folks are dropping. And if it's right (I hope it is, as it's a sweet very Deftones-ish title) I want some Brian Eno-level ambient textures in this sucker.

Vesanic

wbasmith

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 14, 2020, 07:52 PM
Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 14, 2020, 07:47 PM

What playlist did they create

Just a complete collection playlist. All albums including Covers and B Sides, in a weird order though, it goes:

WP
Gore
KNY
DE
SNW
B Sides
Deftones
ATF
Adrenaline
Covers

Ie. all albums in reverse order except with WP first and Covers last

Inkblades

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 14, 2020, 07:46 PM
Of course you would have some people linking their black DP to blacklivesmatter and disputing the stance. For crying out loud.

Idiots gonna idiot.

wbasmith

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 14, 2020, 07:52 PM
...connect the dots?

I like the way you think, who's an expert on dot to dots!? lol

With no numbers it may be difficult