Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

sharinglungs

I tried doing the image I uploaded but it didn't sound great.. i'm gonna try the inverted version of it...

https://melobytes.com/en/view/fa7ab04d290c1297a051764e2b2c00688cc4bfa31b8a8d5daf8a6b27416665d8

lol

LG95

Ok I'm baffled why you're all still using that midi site.
I could float here forever

Inkblades

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 14, 2020, 11:40 PM
Apparently someone in the Brazilian community was able to read braille off it and it translates to "Darkness" (remember "complete black"?)

Huh, guess I was dead wrong. They ARE Tool.

Deftones are goin' ULTRA BLACK like the new Nas song lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1nPGBi6fOE

Vesanic

RaptureWS

Just a little observation /interpretation. Also I'm certain this is not with the band had in mind, just some thoughts I have.

If you look at the picture in a broad perspective it could be viewed as stars in the night sky, except in a digital format. Maybe this is what computers or machines see when they look into the night sky.

Or could also be interpreted as our entire universe is simulated through a machine, all the stars and all of space included.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Inkblades

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 15, 2020, 12:56 AM
Just a little observation /interpretation. Also I'm certain this is not with the band had in mind, just some thoughts I have.

If you look at the picture in a broad perspective it could be viewed as stars in the night sky, except in a digital format. Maybe this is what computers are machines see when they look into the night sky.

Or could also be interpreted as our entire universe is simulated through a machine, all the stars and all of space included.

Interesting take. I like it.

beansandcornbread

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 14, 2020, 11:43 PM
Damn, that's a really long-winded way to communicate a single word. I didn't realize Braille was so horribly inefficient
The extra "l" and silent "e" should have been a dead giveaway.

sharinglungs

False alarm

just my own dumb ass/./.

kurtone

Fuck I really hope I'm driving home from work tonight blaring a new song.

Penicks

fifteen pages discussing a black background with 10 white pixels on it

nicklav

That's what four years of no album news will get you.

sharinglungs

I would love to see some progress in the image tomorrow

it also seems like they removed the album title from the source code again lol

ANattyRat

So are we 100% sure that this isn't the final album cover? Because I can see it making sense relating to the album title, but it'd be...boring. So boring. Completely different from Gore though, that's for sure. I'm so glad we finally have SOMETHING now at least. Shame that I'm moving house on Tuesday and will have no Internet access for god knows how long though lol so hopefully if they're releasing a single soon, it'll be before that.

Wait, I didn't notice there was a white background with black dots posted somewhere else too, where was that posted?

Roidragee

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 15, 2020, 02:41 AM
I would love to see some progress in the image tomorrow

it also seems like they removed the album title from the source code again lol
I hope it's like Gore where they gave more pieces to the album artwork everyday.

RaptureWS

I really hope this just evolves over the weekend, and not the entire week. Unfortunately, I have a suspicion the single is a week away. I'd probably bet money on it. No insider info or something I found. Just my gut feeling. I'd love to be wrong. Regardless, shit is happening and I love it.

Inkblades

Quote from: ANattyRat on Aug 15, 2020, 02:45 AM
So are we 100% sure that this isn't the final album cover? Because I can see it making sense relating to the album title, but it'd be...boring. So boring. Completely different from Gore though, that's for sure. I'm so glad we finally have SOMETHING now at least. Shame that I'm moving house on Tuesday and will have no Internet access for god knows how long though lol so hopefully if they're releasing a single soon, it'll be before that.

No, I think it's definitely a face like sharinglungs and others pointed out. It will be a slow reveal, kinda like some of the other album covers.

Inkblades

I love, love, love the idea of an electric light board forming into a crying face. Like a machine who figured out how to have emotions and is instantly depressed. It's kinda brilliant.

RaptureWS

Another observation. The image is very much in the vein of computing/circuitry/machine style. Think about the definition of the album title. All of a sudden, it makes sense. If this was the album cover, or close to it, I'd be happy. I think the remaining artwork would expand on it. Remember how Fear Inoculum's cover seemed meh after that long wait? But once we got all the artwork the accompanied it, it was fucking great. Maybe same applies here.

Also, this isn't relevant to the album but interesting to see in light of the image we got today. The 2nd image in particular is fantastic. It's called "Light Art". Check it out. https://mymodernmet.com/light-art-created-using/