Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theataraxian

death is the standard breach for a complex prize

Inkblades

You know shit is about to get real when Stef posts on his IG for the first time since 2017:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEBCCB7A5NR/

N0S3BLEED976

xoandef

The lyrics are now on Diamond eyes.

Dia Monday?

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: xoandef on Aug 18, 2020, 08:25 AM

Dia Monday?

Perhaps the first letter of the songs with the new lyric phrase have a meaning?

K M D E, so far

Gaz

Quote from: xoandef on Aug 18, 2020, 08:25 AM

Dia Monday?

ooh big swerve in the road!

Vesanic

nineteen

I wonder if the album cover will just be a series of dots anyway.

See a face but initially thought of a couple of dolphins. I could see them doing an aquatic theme.

Vesanic

There's now a circle on Hexagram. Was that there before? Didn't really keep up

wbasmith

Unable to see any of this Spotify stuff, am I missing much?

Think I get the gist of it from what u guys have said

Vesanic

From what I can tell, they posted unreleased lyrics on My Own Summer, Engine No. 9, Knife Party and Diamond Eyes on Spotify.

Still on Spotify, there's a rectangle series of dots with one that's blinking, on One Weak. There's also the same thing on Hexagram, in a circle shape as opposed to the rectangle. Timely fashioned, they posted the lyrics of One Weak to twitter, and the lyrics of Hexagram to Facebook.

The way I see it, they're not picking those songs for a specific reason. They're just making their fans revisit their former releases while teasing the upcoming one. After all, they're posting that link to the "Complete collection" as well. I could be wrong!

What about that blinking dot on One Weak and Hexagram though? It was a 4 on One Weak yeah? What about Hexagram?

N0S3BLEED976

Blinking rectangle and circle are morse code for O and H, respectively. They posted the lyrics to One Weak and Hexagram so people are inclined to listen to the songs on spotify and see the code

Vesanic

Makes sense, thank you. Now like someone said

Engine No. 9 = it's the 9th record
My Own Summer = it's a summer release

And now...

Diamond Eyes = the eyes from the artwork?

Can't make out Knife Party though.

N0S3BLEED976

It's likely we'll see a social media update with lyrics of a song starting with M and a morse code on spotify spelling out the letter M today.

Hope that's okay for me to post

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 18, 2020, 09:44 AM
Can't make out Knife Party though.

It's because the new album is gonna be killer!

LG95

Knife Party - 2000
Diamond Eyes - 2010
New album - 2020

Probably not.

By the way, at least some of the music press definitely has the new album.
I could float here forever

imbrie

Quote from: LG95 on Aug 18, 2020, 10:00 AM
By the way, at least some of the music press definitely has the new album.

Hi. I'm sure the music press do have copies but what have you seen?

wbasmith

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 18, 2020, 09:23 AM
From what I can tell, they posted unreleased lyrics on My Own Summer, Engine No. 9, Knife Party and Diamond Eyes on Spotify.

Still on Spotify, there's a rectangle series of dots with one that's blinking, on One Weak. There's also the same thing on Hexagram, in a circle shape as opposed to the rectangle. Timely fashioned, they posted the lyrics of One Weak to twitter, and the lyrics of Hexagram to Facebook.

The way I see it, they're not picking those songs for a specific reason. They're just making their fans revisit their former releases while teasing the upcoming one. After all, they're posting that link to the "Complete collection" as well. I could be wrong!

What about that blinking dot on One Weak and Hexagram though? It was a 4 on One Weak yeah? What about Hexagram?

Cheers Ves, exactly what I was after. No clue about the blinking dot. They seem obsessed with dots at the minute lol

wbasmith

In an attempt to work out the potential vibe of the lead single, what were the leads for the other albums?

Bored, My Own Summer, Change, Minerva, Hole, Diamond Eyes, Swerve, P/T?

Are there any similarities here? I guess for the most part they tend to be a mix of Ambient and heavy. None particularly leaning one way or another in the context of their respective albums.

A fairly large proportion of those are also album openers (6/8).

Interesting to see what they chuck at us this time.