Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roidragee

Single snippet today, and then single friday I think

sharinglungs

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 19, 2020, 01:12 PM
Spotify works for me, no additional changes to the discography in terms of sequences and lyrics.

Try clearing your cache/storage and restart spotify app.

As far as I can tell the desktop app/web app still works.

imbrie

Has the website imagine updated today? I can't seem to tell the difference anymore.

sharinglungs

Quote from: imbrie on Aug 19, 2020, 01:19 PM
Has the website imagine updated today? I can't seem to tell the difference anymore.

Not yet, at least 25 minutes to an hour and 25 minutes from now it'll update.

imbrie

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 19, 2020, 01:20 PM
Quote from: imbrie on Aug 19, 2020, 01:19 PM

Not yet, at least 25 minutes to an hour and 25 minutes from now it'll update.

Cheers. I imagine that will likely be the source for the next release of info.

sharinglungs

It's usually between 10AM EDT and 11AM EDT... I think yesterday they posted a little earlier.

wbasmith

Ye they were a bit early yesterday. Though seeing as they posted in the evening yesterday too, it wouldnt surprise me if they were late on anything today

punkflop01

Metalsucks have posted about the album title.

Fuzzheadup

I might be too hopeful, but I don't think a single today is out of the question. We're just over a month away from the album if the URL theory is confirmed, and dropping a single today would really kick the hype into overdrive.

You know something big is happening when the zines are picking up on the cryptic marketing.

buflen

Quote from: Fuzzheadup on Aug 19, 2020, 01:31 PM
I might be too hopeful, but I don't think a single today is out of the question. We're just over a month away from the album if the URL theory is confirmed, and dropping a single today would really kick the hype into overdrive.

You know something big is happening when the zines are picking up on the cryptic marketing.
My guess is a teaser of the single (like a riff) with the album name and release date today, like they did with Gore. Single later this week, premiered on some radio station.

Vesanic

What's the general consensus on the tour poster artwork being the new album artwork?

To me it makes sense since that tour was gonna be promo tour for the album. And I think that what looks like a tear could be just the shadow or a side of the woman's face.

I'd still be surprised if they had really revealed it through a tour poster before any actual album promo but I don't see it any other possibilities.

Your thoughts?

LG95

It isn't the tour poster. It makes absolutely no sense to tease an image we've already seen.
I could float here forever

wbasmith

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 19, 2020, 01:54 PM
What's the general consensus on the tour poster artwork being the new album artwork?

To me it makes sense since that tour was gonna be promo tour for the album. And I think that what looks like a tear could be just the shadow or a side of the woman's face.

I'd still be surprised if they had really revealed it through a tour poster before any actual album promo but I don't see it any other possibilities.

Your thoughts?

I dunno but I really hope not, pretty shit cover if thats the case

Fuzzheadup

Your thoughts?

I'm thinking definitely not the tour poster, but similar aesthetic. Winged insect sitting on a girls nose, coming out of water. The "tear" looks like the water level to her face, but still hard to tell.

Wouldn't be mad if it turned out to be the tour poster, though!

Inkblades

I'm not sure. What throws me off every time is the eyes look big and sad (and not just because of the supposed tear), while the woman's eyes on the tour poster doesn't. The woman on the tour poster just looks crazy.

Guess we'll find out today?

Also, that Kerrang article was solid. Only 10 tracks this time around surprised me, but it now makes sense when tokyodrifter alluded to ATF.

sharinglungs

It'll be something different that's for sure... hopefully we'll know in the next couple of days..

Gaz

I think it's the tour poster girl, but you never know?

ghostofemilydickinson

Your thoughts?

Doesn't make sense to have basically released the album at so far ahead of time on a tour poster. I'm banking on something sort of washed out, sort of blurred soft colors. I'm also banking on that "tear" to be some running makeup/eyeliner. I think something that pronounced in the dot-form would have to be dark.

Still not sure about the whole "insect on the nose" thing. Would be cool if it was steam, coming up off of water. So maybe a woman in a bathtub (going back to Chino's old Twitter profile pic) of hot water. Maybe the thing on the nose is a rose petal from the bath water or something?

Actually, now that I'm writing it, that's my bet: woman in a hot bathtub, steam rising, running eyeliner, rose petal or some sort off leaf-type thing clinging to her face.

Inkblades

MetalSucks is straight up saying the album is slated to come out on September 25th instead of "rumored to" or something like that.