Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imbrie

Well, we have 9 new songs (and possibly two others) to look forward to. Bring on September!

Gaz

lets fucking GO! so glad all the cloak and dagger stuff is over!

Vesanic

Adrenaline951

Anyone working on the lyrics??

LG95

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 20, 2020, 04:45 PM
You're telling me
Bless you, Ves. Props for your hard work the last few weeks and the stick you've got for doing it.
I could float here forever

ghostofemilydickinson

Iwazaru

SMLiberator

I 100% did not know what to expect before listening to the song and it still surprised me in every way imaginable. I really can't think of one song in their catalogue that sounds like this. Funny how I was pretty frightened of just how low Steph would go now that he got a 9-string, but this sounds like it could be played on a 6-string. As always, loved the song titles too.

Quote from: Frozen Curry on Aug 20, 2020, 04:42 PMI don't like it that the closing track is the first single... also the song doesn't have a closing feel to it. In my opinion this should be the opener or maybe one of the first three songs of the album...
we're hearing it out of context tho, we have (officially) no idea what the other songs sound like
i'm confused??

Royal

Quote from: wbasmith on Aug 20, 2020, 04:39 PM
I'm so emotional lol.

Wish my best mate was still around to hear this he'd be so stoked.

Single dropped 1 week before the "anniversary" of his death, RIP brother.

Thank you Deftones! <3

Cheers to your friend buddy !!

LG95

Not generally a fan of hearing the closing track as the first single but I like that it's a change up - everyone usually expects a Deftones closer to be a more obviously experimental, darker song, so Ohms closing could be a really cool switch in the context of the album.

I love the album cover.

Moz La Punk

Catchy closing songs like this one have an advantage: as soon as its done you want to start up the album again!

Also dont forget that Swerve City was supposed to be the closer of KNY.

kroko

I feel like "This Link is Dead" is gonna be the LMIRL of the album. I'm super excited to hear it.
And I'm getting those eyes tattooed on me.

LG95

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Aug 20, 2020, 04:57 PM
Catchy closing songs like this one have an advantage: as soon as its done you want to start up the album again!
I think it probably will make me do that. The song rips.

We're finally here.

Penicks

Vesanic

ANattyRat

So after ALL that effort, they don't even officially announce it, they just throw it on iTunes lol. Tracklist looks super intriguing though. Not a big fan of the artwork but I dig it for it's connection to the album title, and I'd be interested in hearing their reasoning in interviews. Can't wait to listen to the song!

Vesanic

They will announce it. Stick tight. It's just how it rolls out cause, you know, the world is big.

Moz La Punk

Quote from: kroko on Aug 20, 2020, 05:00 PM
I feel like "This Link is Dead" is gonna be the LMIRL of the album. I'm super excited to hear it.
And I'm getting those eyes tattooed on me.

On your eyelids surely?

BallZDeeP

GR1X7S

That time signature change at 3:20 is soo smoooooth