Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaptureWS

The guitar in This song reminds me a little bit of some CKY. Think "flesh into gear" or maybe even "96 quite bitter beings".
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

buflen

Quote from: macalmx on Aug 20, 2020, 03:55 PM
Quote from: buflen on Aug 20, 2020, 03:48 PM
the only thing i'm disappointed is the fact it's the album closer. I usually prefer my closer to be longer, more epic and anthemic. But i love the song, if everything else is of. the same quality, I'll be happy.

they set the bar way too high with Rubicon
I was thinking more of Pink Maggit, but yeah.

ConcealingFate92

Ok guys, all this talk about it sounding like "S/T era" is hyping the fuck out of me.  Shit, having to wait till tomorrow will suck!
Always the same old taste, just a new injury...

LG95

How does Abe make a song bounce so effortlessly? He's so fucking good.
I could float here forever

Matthewtheloser

Pink Maggit forever will reign supreme as best album closer, but can we get some love for Rivière? I hardly see anyone talk about that song and I absolutely love it.

xoandef

Quote from: Penicks on Aug 20, 2020, 02:59 PM
song didn't click on first listen, kind of reminds me of pittura infamente which is a big meh. we'll see in a month when i hear it again after following 9 other songs

I've felt the same,with more listenings is getting better for me though.

Shells

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 20, 2020, 03:56 PM
The guitar in This song reminds me a little bit of some CKY. Think "flesh into gear" or maybe even "96 quite bitter beings".

Exactly what I thought, like a faster CKY riff. Used to listen to a lot of them back in the day and it totally gave me those vibes. But he used to play his guitar with only 4 strings   ;D

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: ConcealingFate92 on Aug 20, 2020, 03:58 PM
Ok guys, all this talk about it sounding like "S/T era" is hyping the fuck out of me.  Shit, having to wait till tomorrow will suck!
It honestly doesn't sound much like S/T era to my ears. Not to kill your hype, it's a good song, just don't go into it with any expectations! I'm having a hard time drawing comparisons to past albums in general honestly, this very much sounds like it's own thing to me.

Iwazaru

Gotta admit, the song is growing on me. I expect it to be a pleasant final track once I'll be listening to the whole thing from start to finish.

Gaz

It's more KNY sounding for me

RaptureWS

I wouldn't say the song sounds like anything off of self-titled, but other songs from the album? Possibly maybe probably
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

macalmx

Quote from: buflen on Aug 20, 2020, 03:57 PM
Quote from: macalmx on Aug 20, 2020, 03:55 PM
Quote from: buflen on Aug 20, 2020, 03:48 PM
the only thing i'm disappointed is the fact it's the album closer. I usually prefer my closer to be longer, more epic and anthemic. But i love the song, if everything else is of. the same quality, I'll be happy.

they set the bar way too high with Rubicon
I was thinking more of Pink Maggit, but yeah.

Yeah, I guessed

Rubicon is epic tho, underated just like Gore as a whole.

Vanby

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 20, 2020, 03:56 PM

Also one of my favorite bands
I'm pretty hopeful for this album

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: Gaz on Aug 20, 2020, 04:01 PM
The "throoouuuggghhh" part at around 1:05 is kind of reminiscent to something on KNY for sure.

Inkblades

TWO MORE HOU...NO, FUCK TWO MORE HOURS. NOW. RIGHT NOW.

Kinda sounds like a Koi No Yokan b-side.  ;)

I like it - it's a fun, energetic, catchy rock ditty. Almost some classic rock vibes riff wise, like The Who or something. Someone mentioned Pittura and I can hear the similarities there. I don't think it's Chino's most mindblowing performance or anything, but I do really like when he hits the "through the haunted maze" note and other moments (I wrote a screenplay about a haunted maze of sorts, so it feels cool to hear that personally). The chorus has that blissed-out vibe he had going on during S/T and SNW IMO.

I think the weird, creepy sounding synthlike distortion in the very beginning is a hint as to what Headless will sound like because it's track 9. I wouldn't necessarily peg Ohms as a closer as it sounds more like a song that would be, say, a track 2 or 3 for me, but to be fair, I can't really make that call until I have the album in full.

And Terry's production is really evident. Sounds super crisp and fucking massive at the same time. Welcome back, sir. Good to have you back.

Draken

It sounds nothing like S/T, but you should still be hyped.

nicklav

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 20, 2020, 04:06 PM
The "throoouuuggghhh" part at around 1:05 is kind of reminiscent to something on KNY for sure.

That part sounds like Future Warrior from the Palms album.

Gaz

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 20, 2020, 04:06 PM

100%

There Will Be Blood

Sergio's bass is FANTASTIC!!!!

LG95

The whole "Time won't change this" section and the transition into it is getting me so hyped. My favourite bit of the song.
I could float here forever