Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

The cover art and some of the song titles, specifically Error and This Link Is Dead, are really giving off that dystopian, technology-run-amok vibe. That's really exciting to me.

sharinglungs

i forgot i had my EQ on, on my phone and it was set to classical... so I waas thinking fuuuuckkkk they fucked up the production on this... now that eq is off... wow... its soooo good

Draken

The new track is amazing. Terry mothafuckin' Date is back on the team, thank god.  Chino's vocals float PERFECTLY in the mix. That was the biggest problem I had with Gore, his voice just seemed on top of everything rather than being like another instrument in the mix. I'm getting some Smashing Pumpkins vibes as well. Did anyone see Chino perform with them? That was awesome.

It's kinda weird though how the first single is the album closer... not complaining however.

Gaz

I'm getting Romantic Dreams vibes off it also

sharinglungs

Final lyrics all cleaned up and fixed from last post

Deftones - Ohms

---------------

We're surrounded
by debris of the past
and it's too late
to cause a change in the tides
so we slip into a hopeless sea of regret
as I stare through the haunted maze
in your eyes
right through
we'll all remain
for all time

and time won't change this
this promise made
yeah time won't change this
it's how we'll stay

this is our time
we devour the days ahead
we've been possessed by these changing tides
as we slip on through
we promise to meet again
somewhere
through the haunted maze
in our minds
right through
where we shall remain
for all time

this promise we made
we shall remain

Slacker

what i hear:

ohms

we're sorrounded
by debris of the past
and it's to late
so we slip into
open sea of regreat, as i stare.

through
the haunted maze
in your eyes
right through
where i'll remain
for all time

and time won't change this!
this promise we made
yeah, time won't change this!
it's how we'll stay

this is our time
we devour the days ahead
we've been possessed by this changing tides
as we slip on through
we promise to meet again... somewhere!

through...
the haunted maze
in our minds
right through...
where we shall remain
for all time

yeah! someone changed this!
this promise we made
if someone changed this!
we shall remain

Draken

I hear a little bit of that, love that song and the video was cool too. I'm digging this track's groove alot, especially the chorus.

Quote from: Gaz on Aug 20, 2020, 07:24 PM
I'm getting Romantic Dreams vibes off it also

ThisLinkIsDead

Long, long time lurker. Looks like my username is chosen!

On my 4th listen of Ohms, the chorus is fantastic. Loving the shift in time signatures as well.

Saying I'm pumped for the rest of the album is an understatement.

Inkblades

Interestingly, the lyrics are kind of sad and don't match the upbeat sound of the song.

976-EVIL

Waiting here....not so patiently. Reading everyone's input before I've actually heard the track has my head spinning...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

ireallywish

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 20, 2020, 07:22 PM
i forgot i had my EQ on, on my phone and it was set to classical... so I waas thinking fuuuuckkkk they fucked up the production on this... now that eq is off... wow... its soooo good

hahaha dodged a bullet there

now i'm imagining them rehearsing in powdered wigs

Draken

*and it's too late
so we slip into
an open sea of regret, as i stare.*

*yeah! time won't change this!
this promise we made
we shall remain*

Quote from: Slacker on Aug 20, 2020, 07:31 PM
what i hear:

ohms

we're sorrounded
by debris of the past
and it's to late
to caught a change in the tides
so we slip into
open sea or regreat, as i stare.

through
the haunted maze
in your eyes
right through
where i'll remain
for all time

this promise made
yeah, time won't change this!
it's how we'll stay

this is our time
we devour the days ahead
we've been possessed by this changing tides
as we sleep on through
we promise to meet again... somewhere!

through...
the haunted maze
in our minds
right through...
where we shall remain
for all time

yeah! someone changed this!
this promise we made
if someone changed this!
we shall remain

mandalay

Holy shit that was awful.  Riff is straight up CKY/Weezer but far less interesting/memorable.  Vocals are straight out of Crosses, both melody and lyrics - very typical Chino.  Artwork is tired and unimpressive.  Song titles came out of a Deftones-song-title-generator.  Time for Deftones to put more energy into rehashing their past (via reissues, behind the scenes content, documentary footage, etc.) and less energy into a craft that they are no longer masters of.

FatherUppercut

Quote from: mandalay on Aug 20, 2020, 07:48 PM
Holy shit that was awful.  Riff is straight up CKY/Weezer but far less interesting/memorable.  Vocals are straight out of Crosses, both melody and lyrics - very typical Chino.  Artwork is tired and unimpressive.  Song titles came out of a Deftones-song-title-generator.  Time for Deftones to put more energy into rehashing their past (via reissues, behind the scenes content, documentary footage, etc.) and less energy into a craft that they are no longer masters of.

"Weezer but less memorable" is a bit harsh no? lol

nicklav

lol

Draken

SianMX

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 20, 2020, 06:59 PM
Pink Maggit forever will reign supreme as best album closer, but can we get some love for Rivière? I hardly see anyone talk about that song and I absolutely love it.

Yes! That is one of my favourite Deftones songs.

LG95

Nice preview of Anthony Fantano's upcoming review.
I could float here forever

sharinglungs

Inkblades

Time for Deftones to put more energy into rehashing their past (via reissues, behind the scenes content, documentary footage, etc.) and less energy into a craft that they are no longer masters of.

You're entitled to your opinion about the song, but something tells me you're going to be eating these particular words when you hear the full album. Trust me - you ain't heard NOTHING yet.