"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoop

Quote from: nicklav on Aug 20, 2020, 07:12 PM
Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 20, 2020, 07:06 PM
Quote from: Gaz on Aug 20, 2020, 07:01 PM
It's more KNY sounding for me
The "throoouuuggghhh" part at around 1:05 is kind of reminiscent to something on KNY for sure.

That part sounds like Future Warrior from the Palms album.
I've been waiting for someone to say this. 100%. The first time I heard it I thought of that. This track fucking rules and the video is pretty amazing.

nineteen

I'd preorder to the UK but God knows what import tariffs will be slapped on now.

976-EVIL

Anyone else catch "Deftones" painted on the train car at around 1:07 of the video?
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Far away

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Aug 21, 2020, 09:23 AM
Anyone else catch "Deftones" painted on the train car at around 1:07 of the video?

I actually did. Hello friends, its been a while!
The music is growing on me. Loved the videoclip.

laurapalmer

Dig the song. Curious why they're choosing to give us the closer. Also all things considered probably one of their better videos

aj

The album artwork and title feels like a real homage to Chi. Not only the cover art but maybe the title itself. With Chi being a Buddhist, the Om symbol and sound is an important part of Buddhism (and Hinduism).

LG95

A genuinely good music video? We've hit the jackpot here.
I could float here forever

Far away

Quote from: ChubbyChino on Aug 21, 2020, 07:48 AM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Aug 21, 2020, 07:23 AM
Quote from: SMLiberator on Aug 21, 2020, 07:18 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 21, 2020, 07:12 AM
Bundles are up:

https://preorder.deftones.com/

I didn't dig the art that much at first, but its really grown on me now. It looks fantastic on the merch.
it's growing on me for sure. i like the big black outlines on the album cover as well

I also didn't like it at all at first, but after I found out it's Chi's eyes it became special!

is it really?

Quote from: Hidalgo on Aug 21, 2020, 07:48 AM
oh i counted 9 strings on Sephen's guitar in the video, so if there was any doubt, he's using a 9 string for sure. man i love that video

Indeed its 9, but the music sounded good, which makes me hopeful for the record. I just hope hes not going full low (rly low) tunning. Not a fan. Maybe thats just me...

kurtone

Quote from: Far away on Aug 21, 2020, 10:02 AM
Quote from: ChubbyChino on Aug 21, 2020, 07:48 AM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Aug 21, 2020, 07:23 AM
Quote from: SMLiberator on Aug 21, 2020, 07:18 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 21, 2020, 07:12 AM
Bundles are up:

https://preorder.deftones.com/

I didn't dig the art that much at first, but its really grown on me now. It looks fantastic on the merch.
it's growing on me for sure. i like the big black outlines on the album cover as well

I also didn't like it at all at first, but after I found out it's Chi's eyes it became special!

is it really?

Quote from: Hidalgo on Aug 21, 2020, 07:48 AM
oh i counted 9 strings on Sephen's guitar in the video, so if there was any doubt, he's using a 9 string for sure. man i love that video

Indeed its 9, but the music sounded good, which makes me hopeful for the record. I just hope hes not going full low (rly low) tunning. Not a fan. Maybe thats just me...

I liked that it wasn't all "chugga chugga." Especially the ending. Makes me wonder if since Stef wasn't into Gore if he really brought it on this record. Like he felt he had some making up to do.

Inkblades

Ranking the videos for shits and giggles:

1. Change (In the House of Flies)
2. Ohms
3. Minerva
4. Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
5. Digital Bath
6. Sextape
7. Hexagram
8. Bored
9. Diamond Eyes
10. You've Seen the Butcher
11. Romantic Dreams
12. Bloody Cape
13. My Own Summer (Shove It)
14. Rocket Skates
15. Beauty School
16. Prayers/Triangles
17. 7 Words
18. Swerve City (both versions)
19. Mein
20. Hole in the Earth

E-Money

Video is Killer. Love how it even made the song darker for me. This chorus is so beautiful. I'm really hoping for more of this singing and less screaming with vocal effects. Love the clean vocals.

Gaz

No UK pre order stuff yet, hope they do something for us!

feiticeiro

Anyone knows what is the rainbow metallic jacket of the clear vinyl version? The texture of the fold?

imbrie

Have UK people pre-ordered from the US store or waiting for something more local to be released?

nineteen

Quote from: imbrie on Aug 21, 2020, 11:38 AM
Have UK people pre-ordered from the US store or waiting for something more local to be released?

I ended up ordering compulsively but not sure if it was a bad idea with potential costs/delays in hindsight. Ah well. Exchange rate worked out ok but not sure about import tariffs.

nineteen

Quote from: feiticeiro on Aug 21, 2020, 11:29 AM
Anyone knows what is the rainbow metallic jacket of the clear vinyl version? The texture of the fold?

Imagine it'll be similar to Converge's last album which looks sweet.

imbrie

Quote from: nineteen on Aug 21, 2020, 11:43 AM

I ended up ordering compulsively but not sure if it was a bad idea with potential costs/delays in hindsight. Ah well. Exchange rate worked out ok but not sure about import tariffs.

I nearly pulled the trigger too but think I'm going to wait.

feiticeiro

I'm from Spain and I'm waiting.

Shells

Quote from: imbrie on Aug 21, 2020, 11:41 AM
Feature and some words about the single and album from Chino in NME: https://www.nme.com/news/music/deftones-share-new-single-ohms-lyrics-inspiration-chino-moreno-2734234

This article says Black Stallion is going to be released later this year....

Also, video is EPIC. Blown away! Yesss Deftones, yeeeeessssss. The band that never dies!