Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaz

Amazing video, the best they have done for years!

wbasmith

Ohms is currently sitting at no 12 in the Last.fm track charts and no 23 in the album charts. Nice work boys

Gaz

I'd love it if Deftones did a B-Side called "2 More Hours" a nice tribute to Sharing Lungs! lol

Inkblades

Penicks

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 21, 2020, 05:06 AM
I'm looking for someone willing to look for the OG two more hours, I need to know who unknowingly instigated this

Quote from: SquealLikeaPig on Nov 01, 2012, 12:25 AM
2 more hours

this seems to be the first one, from the kny thread. he repeated it a couple of days later which drove people mad, then it started appearing in other threads

Gaz

ThisLinkIsDead

Quote from: imbrie on Aug 21, 2020, 11:38 AM
Have UK people pre-ordered from the US store or waiting for something more local to be released?

I preordered the hoodie, shirt and CD bundle on impulse. I'm that hyped that I'm not bothered on what duty it'll incur.

sharinglungs

Someone asked Stef in that IG post for the 9 string when the next single was coming and he said sooner rather than later if he was betting.. I'm going to guess in 2 weeks we'll have the second single.

Ihateallofmyfriends

When I first listened to Ohms I was kinda underwhelmed, but have found myself wanting to listen to it again and again and it has massively grown on me. This reaction often happens with new Deftones singles. I like the upbeat vibe to it, it's not as heavy as I was expecting but their album closers are normally pretty chill compared to the opening tracks so it makes sense. Plus, after the year we've been through, it's a pretty refreshing and summery sounding song but in a good way. The kinda song that's designed for cruising down a sunny highway to with the roof down.

DeftonesNZ

Video is sick, Song is a banger. Today was a good day

XJohnnyX

Vesanic

Vesanic

Such an expansive video. Not necessarily their best imo but it's great to see them finally push the envelope on that front.

9-string confirmed! They all seem to be looking pretty healthy too. Bums me out even more for the tour we missed.

Vesanic

Quote from: Penicks on Aug 21, 2020, 12:48 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 21, 2020, 05:06 AM
I'm looking for someone willing to look for the OG two more hours, I need to know who unknowingly instigated this

Quote from: SquealLikeaPig on Nov 01, 2012, 12:25 AM
2 more hours

this seems to be the first one, from the kny thread. he repeated it a couple of days later which drove people mad, then it started appearing in other threads

Amazing  8)

Gaz

The merch is a bit...disappointing

punkflop01

Listened to the song for the first time and there is so much I already love about it! Love Chino's vocals (reminds me a lot of his vocals from KNY and SNW), the guitar, that effect by Frank at the end, and of course the overall production on it!  I can definitely imagine this being a good album closer especially if some of the tracks before this are darker.  I can't help but feel like this is what some of the tracks (especially in the 2nd half of it) should have sounded like.  Very, very happy with this and can't wait to listen to it again + the rest of the album!

snw9

Welcome back Stephen Carpenter, from start to finish! Ohms just explodes right out as if an alien as landed on earth and just going about.

Can't wait to hear to hear more!
Code: [Select]

B_S_79

Quote from: Gaz on Aug 21, 2020, 03:44 PM
The merch is a bit...disappointing

It has been for quite some time now. Literally an album cover screened onto a t-shirt.

Having said that, I bought that fucking hoodie/vinyl package immediately. LOL. (I haven't bought a new Deftones shirt since S/T tour - I'm due.)