Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisbo

Quote from: DeftonesATF27 on May 13, 2006, 11:53 PM
Uncle Buck, anybody seen this? John candy....dude is a pimp in this movie..hes gets not one, but 2 bitches! haha a big ass fat dude gettin pretty damn good tail for being so damn huge. Sorry, anyway, just a funny ass movie ya'll should check it out, uncle buck.

Uncle Buck = childhood favourite!

Man the daughter of the family gets on my tits though haha!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

BigDave

on ebay there is a boxset of 34 of hitchcock's films for a fiver and £18 p&p.  it's chinese packaging but its region free and can be viewed as normal.  shall i do it?  it's very tempting......  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alfred-Hitchcock-Collection-34-DVD-Box-Set-SEALED_W0QQitemZ9136891462QQcategoryZ60868QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Azwethinkweiz

damn, that IS tempting!

Crazylegs

Battle Royale. Nuff said.

DeftonesATF27

Quote from: Chrisbo on May 16, 2006, 04:06 PM
Quote from: DeftonesATF27 on May 13, 2006, 11:53 PM
Uncle Buck, anybody seen this? John candy....dude is a pimp in this movie..hes gets not one, but 2 bitches! haha a big ass fat dude gettin pretty damn good tail for being so damn huge. Sorry, anyway, just a funny ass movie ya'll should check it out, uncle buck.

Uncle Buck = childhood favourite!

Man the daughter of the family gets on my tits though haha!

yeah especially when she gets bucks woman to turn against him when she lies about him being out all late, thats fucked, i was pist. but yeah i just watched it again today, great F'n movie.

Azwethinkweiz

I watched the Muse - Absolution Tour DVD yesterday.

That was fucking great. I really wanna see these guys live now.

BigDave

blue velvet is an amazing film.  i can't believe i didn't watch it until last night.

DeftonesATF27

Another childhood favorite of mine has gotta be "Mom And Dad Save The World" fuckin hilarious, rob lovitz, check it out if your in need of some cancer curing laughs. peace.

defskull

I was watching Twins today.  How can you go wrong with Ahnuld and Danny Devito both having women that they bang? And they are twins!

DeftonesATF27

haha yeah man and danny devito was the mut he was cryogenically made out of poop or the leftovers or somthing. and he even got sad about it in the movie, I about cryed.

deftonekid

I saw the other day Bad Boys 3, i laughed my aaassss out.

the humping rats scene its funny as hell!

Breach Unborn

going to see The DaVinci Code tonight

Teddy.

defskull

I saw Art School Confidential.  Good movie.

lithium royalty

First official Review of X-Men 3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before it was just fanboys and a like talking about how much X3 sucks, and alot of you totally blew off there opinions... Well MSN has posted their review and surprise surprise they shit canned the movie

May 19, 2006

Riddle: What do you get when you cross hacks with a successful movie franchise?

Answer: "X-Men: The Last Stand"

Not very clever, eh? Well, neither is the third (and hopefully "last" indeed) installment of the once-smart and enjoyable "X-Men" series. Nor is it fun, exciting, or, at the very least, a nice little popcorn movie. One person leaving the very exclusive preview screening here at Cannes (the film doesn't makes it Palais premiere until Monday) exclaimed, "That was one of the worst movies I've ever seen."

Now, granted, it's not that bad (that'd be Alan Parker's "Mississippi Burning"... but we'll leave that for another time) and in fact, it's so silly that it's hard to get very worked up about it. I mean, honestly, when director Bryan Singer left the series to tackle "Superman Returns" and the studio signed Brett Ratner — the cheese-eater behind such foolishness as "Family Man" and "Rush Hour" — to take over, did you think this would be good? No, me neither... but I hoped, damnit. You gotta have hope, right?

Well, hope blossomed when rumors started appearing: Ratner is changing the original storyline or the cast isn't getting along with Ratner. And then earlier this year, "X-Men" suddenly became a trilogy! Oh, really? When did that happen? During a marketing meeting after some dailies were viewed?

But after watching the movie, the word "trilogy" seems most appropriate. You may have noticed I used the plural "hacks" earlier; that's because Ratner is not the only man responsible for this lame finale. No, we have a trilogy of trash and need to share the shovel. So let's give credit where credit is due and thank "screenwriters" Simon Kinberg and Zak Penn (the latter, by the way, should change his surname) for such wonderful lines as these:

"Storm, you of all people should know how fast the weather can change."

"Sometimes when you cage the beast, the beast gets angry."

"If Magneto wants a war, he's got one!"

"God help us all."

"We will stand together... like X-Men."

"Nooooooooooo!" — one character, screaming towards the sky, holding another dead character, camera craning above their heads (didn't "The Simpsons" kill that cliché?).

Here's the story these fine men concocted: It's a short time following the death of Jean Grey (Famke Janssen), and both Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) and Cyclops (James Marsden) haven't healed (you can tell this about Cyclops because the poor man hasn't shaved, a sure sign of depression). When Cyclops begins hearing Grey's voice, he heads to the lake that drowned her, fires lasers into the water and bingo, Jean is back! But she's not Jean... it seems Jean had two sides and Professor Charles Xavier (Patrick Stewart) suppressed her dark side. Now, she's back as the Phoenix and hell is about to break loose (poor Janssen has about seven lines in the film, and the rest of the time is left to glower).

Meanwhile, the government has come up with a way to "cure" mutants and offers it to the world. This angers Magneto (Ian McKellen, who, after this Cannes experience, needs to work in indie films for awhile), who then rallies mutants to fight back against the humans. Mutants are forced to choose sides, but we as viewers have no choice but to watch this play out until its big-bang conclusion. My favorite part: After about 15 minutes of fighting, Magneto bellows, "Let's end this war now!" War? Man, that was barely a battle.

Now, the other two "X-Men" didn't have much in the way of plot either. But what they did have was character relationships and some nifty subtext about homosexuality, race, and general otherness. Remember those wonderfully tender scenes between Wolverine and Rogue (Anna Paquin, completely wasted here)? Gone. We get one here, and Rogue is a non-issue in the movie. Instead, Ratner and company populate the movie with new mutants who have wicked awesome powers, dude... but whom you never get to know or even recognize half the time. Why not develop the characters you have? Oh, right... the next action piece, full of explosions and CGI, is coming up. Ratner loves his toys.

And remember the wink-wink "we know this is silly, but hell, let's have fun" humor? Gone too, replaced by wince-inducing catch phrases that Sly or Arnold wouldn't go near.

Personally, I can't wait to hear about the reception the finicky Cannes audience will give the film. It might make all of this worth it.

And Bryan Singer? "Superman Returns" better be good. You abandoned us.

tarkil

I watched again Team America yesterday !!!

This movie is fucking hilarious !!! I nearly peed on myself laughing !!! Fucking good times...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Azwethinkweiz

Watched X-Men 2 yesterday. Hadn't seen it before. I liked it.

fireflyry

Part 3 will be better hopefully.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

BigDave

i watched kids the other day.  i thought it was very good.

lithium royalty

old school 2

joining the cast: jack black, owen wilson, ben stiller and, steve carrell.