Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

Babylon A.D.

Seemed to start off pretty good but turned out to be a steaming pile of poopy pie.

Get Smart

A comedy that's rarely funny.

Corleone

watched equilibrium for the 2nd time, it's not bad but it's not too good either

bale fits the role tho lol

emotivelotion

lawl geek i only watched it once

Corleone

ya it was on tv though, theres nothing better on at 4 am, trust me

i didn't even finish watching it, i fell asleep

theis

Equilibrium is great.

underrated flick.

bright lights, big city

yeah i thought it was really good, it was basically what made me a huge fan of christian bale
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

really???

american phycho did that for me.... do you like phil collins?

Battle-Axe

I watched Untraceable finally yesterday and I must say, the trailers I saw when it was in cinemas kinda overhyped it :/

I was kinda drunk when I was watching it though but I really couldn't get into it properly.

oldgentlovecraft

Watched some movie with Kevin Bacon called Death Sentence.  It was raw and violent and I fucking loved it.

theis

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Sep 08, 2008, 10:43 AM
Watched some movie with Kevin Bacon called Death Sentence.  It was raw and violent and I fucking loved it.

yeah it was pretty good. the ending somewhat disappointed me though.

just saw hellboy II and i loved it.

oldgentlovecraft

I agree on the ending.  Watched The Brave One after that, vengeance themed movie day I guess, and enjoyed that as well.  Hellboy II is awesome.

theis

i fucking loved the Forest God in Hellboy II. that was so awesome.

the earth creatures, Johann Krauss and The Angel of Death were also all highlights for me!

downtownpony

I like all of guillermo del torros movies.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: downtownpony on Sep 09, 2008, 07:26 PM
yea definitely, they are all epic films... IMO he made the best Blade movie in Blade 2.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

no too good movies seen recently.. :-/

Battle-Axe

I saw Step Brothers a couple days ago and it was pretty damn awesome ;D

"I teabagged your drum set!!"

Me and my best friend are going to the cinema on friday to watch Babylon AD but apparantly it's not that good :/

Nailec

Quotei just watched "Perfume: The Story of a Murderer"

from the beginning on i kind of watched it like an antithesis to a super hero movie. a super-villian movie so to say.

a guy with a superior sense of smell and a broken mind wants to safe the smell of beautiful, virgin women forever and creates a parfum out of women that he has to kill.

i think some of you know the novel or the movie. i like the different setting. not the typical new york gangster who kills with a sniper rifle or something.

im asking myself who he was able to kill al those virgins if their smell in a parfum was able to apeace all people around him that actually wanted to slaughter him.

one explanation could be: due to his education he was not able to feel any love at all.

and y did everyone died that he left (his mother, the women of the orphanage, the tanner, the parfum creator) he did not kill them but they all died when jean-baptiste left them. what the meaning of this motive?

maybe someone can answer my questions here?

nonesuch

I just finished  watching pineapple express, well actually i finished staring at the wall behind my computer hoping to see something more entertaining,  but I was mostly just resisting the temptation to throw myself from my fourth floor window because i dont want to live in a world where there are people putting this much effort into creating such atrocities and other people that like them. 

The opening sequence was pretty good, i laughed a couple times and started to get comfortable with a nice joint and couple pb and js.   I was actually kinda pumped because i was waiting to see this movie for a while.  But soon I realized the laughing stopped.  Then I got mad.  Then I got suicidal.  I literally had to look away from the screen and shield my eyes using my ancient reflexive instincts to survive.  Have you ever seen 2 girls 1 cup?  You know how at first your kinda curious and interested, then all of sudden some chocolate soft serve with peanuts is filling a cup, and you still watch unsure what just happened. Then, wait whats that in her mouth? NOOOO!!!  and you head jerks quicker than your leg when the doc taps your knee.

then you look back to see if the horror is over

but o no, its much worse

and then you turn it off
i drink your milkshake

downtownpony

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 09, 2008, 11:28 PM
Quote from: downtownpony on Sep 09, 2008, 07:26 PM
yea definitely, they are all epic films... IMO he made the best Blade movie in Blade 2.

damn i didnt know that. Blade 2 was pretty good, the 1st is still my fav though. Its one of my fav vampire movies along with from Dusk till dawn, and Dracula.

goldpony

Quote from: nonesuch on Sep 11, 2008, 10:40 AM
I just finished  watching pineapple express, well actually i finished staring at the wall behind my computer hoping to see something more entertaining,  but I was mostly just resisting the temptation to throw myself from my fourth floor window because i dont want to live in a world where there are people putting this much effort into creating such atrocities and other people that like them. 

The opening sequence was pretty good, i laughed a couple times and started to get comfortable with a nice joint and couple pb and js.   I was actually kinda pumped because i was waiting to see this movie for a while.  But soon I realized the laughing stopped.  Then I got mad.  Then I got suicidal.  I literally had to look away from the screen and shield my eyes using my ancient reflexive instincts to survive.  Have you ever seen 2 girls 1 cup?  You know how at first your kinda curious and interested, then all of sudden some chocolate soft serve with peanuts is filling a cup, and you still watch unsure what just happened. Then, wait whats that in her mouth? NOOOO!!!  and you head jerks quicker than your leg when the doc taps your knee.

then you look back to see if the horror is over

but o no, its much worse

and then you turn it off

i can't believe this movie is as bad as 2 girls 1 cup
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt