Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChickdelaLynch

I'm listening to Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence right now and "Pretty Lush" doesn't mean as much as it used to.

Gaz

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Feb 04, 2007, 01:55 AM
I'm listening to Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence right now and "Pretty Lush" doesn't mean as much as it used to.

How so? I feel like I've listened to that album a million times and Pretty Lush still sounds fresh to me.

Deftones-argentina

Siberian kiss is the most kickass song ever by glassjaw. Pretty lush is really rushing too.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Feb 04, 2007, 03:58 AM

How so? I feel like I've listened to that album a million times and Pretty Lush still sounds fresh to me.

Not the sound, but its meaning. Ever since Daryl broke edge, it lost whatever it had. I still like the song, but it just isn't as meaningful.

Zevaka

EYEWTKAS is oone of the best albums i've ever listened, and i must say that Pretty Lush is a perfect thing to open the album.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Feb 04, 2007, 08:07 AM
Not the sound, but its meaning. Ever since Daryl broke edge, it lost whatever it had. I still like the song, but it just isn't as meaningful.
I know what you mean. But, it's still one of my favourite tracks by Glassjaw.

My favourite song on EYEWTKAS must be, 'Lovebites and Razorlines'. There's just something about it, I really like it.

Zevaka

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Feb 04, 2007, 12:28 PM
I know what you mean. But, it's still one of my favourite tracks by Glassjaw.

My favourite song on EYEWTKAS must be, 'Lovebites and Razorlines'. There's just something about it, I really like it.
Oh yeah, the chorus is worth living on this fucking earth...

Paint Your Lips

Bump !

This thread needs to stay front page !

How many here is tired of Daryl's sideprojects getting in the way of a new GJ album? *Raises hand*

Malpractice

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Feb 04, 2007, 03:58 AM

it's even weirder when they perform it live.

TheRoach`

It's funny i had just as hard of time getting into glassjaw as i did trying to get into the deftones. But sure enough after giving it a chance to grow on me they're right up there with the tones as my favorite band now. I would suggest listening to the song " El Mark"  first if your trying to get into them, as its a good representation of what to expect style wise.  EYEWTKAS and Worship and Tribute are equally amazing!

blondie

glassjaw sucks.

TheRoach`

Quote from: blondie on Apr 10, 2007, 03:30 AM
glassjaw sucks.

Wow thanks for the input! I might just have to go throw away all my gj cds now... jackass

blondie

no need to be insulting.

TheRoach`

Sorry didnt mean to be insulting. Simply stating that a band sucks and not giving any reasons is pointless. If you dont like a band that's cool, we all have our own tastes in music. It's hard to have a discussion with a response thats void of any thought other than " well that band sucks just because"

Gaz

Quote from: TheRoach` on Apr 10, 2007, 04:19 AM
Sorry didnt mean to be insulting. Simply stating that a band sucks and not giving any reasons is pointless. If you dont like a band that's cool, we all have our own tastes in music. It's hard to have a discussion with a response thats void of any thought other than " well that band sucks just because"

Just ignore blondie, he's a CUNT.

defskull

glassjaw rocks

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: TheRoach` on Apr 10, 2007, 03:26 AM
It's funny i had just as hard of time getting into glassjaw as i did trying to get into the deftones.
Hard time getting into them? What music do you normally listen to?

theis

Gaz

Quote from: theis on Apr 10, 2007, 12:48 PM
Quote from: Gaz on Apr 10, 2007, 05:01 AM
Just ignore blondie, he's a CUNT.

she's*

I stand corrected, she's a CUNT, cheers theis.

marty

Quote from: Gaz on Feb 04, 2007, 03:58 AM

Same here bro! I've been listening to this album for 7 years now and its still hits so hard.

ETYWTKAS is still my favourite song but its always hard to pick Piano, Siberian Kiss, Majour (Ma Hore), Pretty Lush, When One Eight...

there is so much passion on this album.

Even though they only have two (proper) albums, glassjaw is still my favourite.