Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zevaka

i have videos of all 3 new songs. Jesus Glue is the best of them. John Lennon - well, i don't like that wild screams in the beginning

darksoul

;D

tarkil

You guys can call me stupid, but I just discovered today the greatness of Glassjaw. I had the mp3 on my comp for years, but never listened to them that much cause I was never impressed on my first listens, but I decided to give them another listen today as they were under the spotlights again.

And BANG !! 100% awesome. I listened to both Worship and Tribute and EYEWTKAS all day long... pure greatness...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

deftoner37

if this album doesn't come out soon, I'm probably going to explode:)

theshadeisatool

me too! but i'm, seeing them on the 7th - that'll tide me over!

defskull

Quote from: tarkil on Jun 16, 2007, 06:31 PM
You guys can call me stupid, but I just discovered today the greatness of Glassjaw. I had the mp3 on my comp for years, but never listened to them that much cause I was never impressed on my first listens, but I decided to give them another listen today as they were under the spotlights again.

And BANG !! 100% awesome. I listened to both Worship and Tribute and EYEWTKAS all day long... pure greatness...

Yeah they don't hit you right at first.  Perhaps that's why they don't have as many fans as they should. But once it hits, good luck getting away.

theshadeisatool

definitely a deep band that needs a lot of time to digest, worth it though - one of my favourite bands of all time

marty

Quote from: theshadeisatool on Jun 17, 2007, 10:57 PM
definitely a deep band that needs a lot of time to digest, worth it though - one of my favourite bands of all time
Thats what is is brilliant about them...their deepness. When I first heard EYWTKAS I was in my thrash stage and GlassJaw was too chaotic for me. but then we went on a roadtrip and that was all we had and I still never get tired of it.

Bands that i love striaght away...never end up being my favourite.

I like bands that are a challenge to like.

theshadeisatool

yeh i think I may have had this pre-conception of daryl/his vocals being too emo or whatever - I was being snobby/elitist and going through my "either listen to thrash or death metal or old school hardcore punk and nowt else" stage and when I first discovered EYWTKAS I think I shoved it on the backburner, but you later realise they're the real deal, heavy as shit in places, and now they're veterans really, nothing to do with this current crop of emo shitty pop nobodies, gJ are fucking excellent

marty

Yeah, I remember just after ETYWTKAS and White Pony came out and they were both labeled Emo (this was before emo was a bad word).

Daryl has been called a poor mans Chino many many times (totally untrue()

theshadeisatool

well really he is totally different, but if he was he'd be less a poor man's chino more a skinny chino

ALightOn

Saints & Sinners, anybody?

Fireal1222

when are glassjaw releasing the new album?

i have a strong feeling its gonna be lame.. only because i think daryl has become too much of a tight pants-er. the album is gonna be nothing as pure and heavy as eyewtkas and w&t

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

DefCubus

Dude have you heard any of the new songs they've played live? They still have the intensity and Daryl can still scream his ass off.

]

Zevaka

Quote from: DefCubus on Nov 07, 2007, 10:29 AM
Dude have you heard any of the new songs they've played live? They still have the intensity and Daryl can still scream his ass off.

yes, indeed
and, btw, wait?
we have only three new songs, right?

DefCubus

Yeah, Natural Born Farmer, Jesus Glue, and You think you're John fuckin' Lennon.

]

wither-I

Quote from: deftoner37 on Jun 16, 2007, 08:16 PM
if this album doesn't come out soon, I'm probably going to explode:)
he must be a gone'r by now...

"coming into the nearness of distance"

scatterbrain

im me and thats all ill ever be

ALightOn

Quote from: DefCubus on Nov 07, 2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah, Natural Born Farmer, Jesus Glue, and You think you're John fuckin' Lennon.

Natural Born farmer isn't new...is it?

DefCubus

Well new in the sense that it'll be on the new album.. they've been playing it live for a year or two.

]