Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

Started by Crazylegs, Mar 26, 2006, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Aug 09, 2006, 01:05 PM
Fuck yeah, finally have the Skinrad home. Man, that cost me a lot of work.

homes are useless, the only thing you "need" is the storage.

incutank

are there merchants like the Ghorak Manor Scamp or mudcrab merchant from morrowind in Oblivion?

ToneDef

I'm pretty sure there are not, no.

ScatteredImage

I fucking love this game... I'm a battlemage turned theif, hahah. Level 7 bitches! oOoOoOo

NiChe

I don't know what to be......................................................... i'm a scout at the moment

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Just brought myself to put it in today. I've been afraid to.

I already have 7 hours on it...in one day. How sad. I won't stop playing for the next week or so.

I'm almost done with the arena and the only quest I've done is that easy one on the boat that happens when you purchase a bed.

Level 3.

ToneDef

Crazylegs

ToneDef

Yay

"I'm level 50!! YESSSSSS!!!!!..... But oh no, wait.. So is everyone else in the fucking game. Shit."

Crazylegs

You may not like it, but there is no denying that this is a quality game.

ToneDef

Yeah man, I'm just being a twat. It's a fine game to some people, maybe even a fine RPG...

But Bethesda fucked up. How can you follow up a game like Morrowind with fucking Oblivion? The potential was there. I creamed my pants over the first screens when they were released. But they fucked it up. They aimed the game at console gamers, and to be honest the majority of 360 owners don't know what the fuck a fantasy RPG is. They're too busy blowing shit up on Gears. They sold out big time.

When I bought my 360 I ordered Oblivion with it. I couldn't wait to play that shit. For a few days it amazed me. But then I realised it didn't even have a fraction of the depth or fantasy feel that Morrowind had. To me that's a huge fuck up on their part and a punch in the face of long time fans. They've fucked over their core fans to make way for new, more casual ones. A great business decision maybe, but just a douche way to go about it I guess.

That's just what I think though. I can understand why others would enjoy the game.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I rrreeeeaaaaaally don't like that things level with you. And ToneDef is right, it lost alot of the fantasy feel.

I miss my badass looking Balmora (I think that's what the town was called) Guard armor.

I didn't play Morrowind alot since, when I bought it, I was not into RPGs AT ALL. But damn, that game was cool.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Crazylegs on Aug 10, 2006, 04:19 PM
Quote from: Moz La Punk on Aug 09, 2006, 01:05 PM
Fuck yeah, finally have the Skinrad home. Man, that cost me a lot of work.

homes are useless, the only thing you "need" is the storage.

Decorating them with expensive items is fun too.

I just got tou Journeyman level Block, now when I block with either my shield or sword, it doesn't damage them!

frud

I'm loving this game at the moment.

Nailec

i should hav never bought this game.

all the time youre doing the same shit and it doenst matter which weapon u chose or which spell. because everyone is as strong as you. everytime.

the main quest: some evil demon is threatining the world. woah

sidequests: go to a, do x, return to b. profit.

after 5 hours i didnt have any more fun. each single oblivion portal after the second just pissed me off because it was all the fucking same. i was archmage, i was the grey wolf, master of the arena and it would have been no problem to be the master of the other guilds too.

this game has great possibilities for mods and should have a multiplayer mode. but the single player campagn didnt give me anything.

Jacob

agreed. there is some fun to be had in this game, but in the end it's overrated crap. rpg my ass.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep