Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

General VIDEOGAMES / Gamesindustry Discussion

Started by Moz La Punk, Sep 05, 2006, 09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneDef

It's straight up banned over here by our Nazi government.

Crazylegs

the internet is your friend if manhunt 2 is what you desire.

Sam

I saw some really insightful previews of Assassin's Creed..it looks awesome and fun to play.

Crazylegs

There has been some great videos coming from e3 this year. and there's such a lot of good games coming up. I'm really stoked about:
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Skate
Fable 2
Brothers in arms: hells highway
Condemned 2
Call of duty 4

just to mention a few.

ToneDef

rainnyx4

Woke up at 5:30am to get down to NintendoWorld to buy my Wii Friday morning.  It is glorious.  I seriously have Tennis elbow from so much Wii Tennis.

ToneDef

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Jul 24, 2007, 01:48 AM
Woke up at 5:30am to get down to NintendoWorld to buy my Wii Friday morning.  It is glorious.  I seriously have Tennis elbow from so much Wiianking

Jacob

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jul 19, 2007, 02:29 AM
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Fable 2
Call of duty 4

these are some of the games I've been looking forward to for a long time now. I guess I will have to get a 360 eventually.

the one game I'd trade all other new games for is Fallout 3 though. but it's not coming until sometime next year and they're still all hush hush about it.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Jacob

yeah, that's pretty much all they've revealed. plus some interviews.

I can't say it won't be a huge disappointment though, considering it will be very different from the original Fallout 1+2, which both happen to be my favorite games.

however, Bethesda did a very good job with Morrowind and a good job with Oblivion and I can imagine that such a big open world in the Fallout setting will be pretty cool.

ToneDef

It seems like it'll be cool. If they lean it more towards Morrowind than Oblivion then I'd be interested for sure.

Jacob

yeah, and I think they will. they've already said that they'll deal with a lot of the issues that Oblivion had - such as enemies levelling with you. also, they've made the world a bit smaller and instead of having 1000's of people to talk to there are 100's, but they're more personalized and each will have their own voice etc.

anyways, the big deal with this game is that it will pretty much be a FPS. and classic Fallout is turn-based combat. that's the reason why most fans already hate this game even before it's released.

goldpony

"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Atomic

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL!!!!!!

finally wario and sonic can give mario a good wack'n!
My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

Jacob

I wanna play Hellgate: London. it's weird that it hasn't leaked online yet. or can any awesome soul find it somewhere?

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I am not at all interested in Hellgate.

Quote from: aenemic on Jul 27, 2007, 05:56 PMthey've made the world a bit smaller and instead of having 1000's of people to talk to there are 100's

Probably a good move since everything is all post-apocalyptic and such. Makes more sense that way. I mean, if there were thousands of people to talk to it'd make it seem like people have survived pretty well.

I want to see some gameplay footage of Kane & Lynch. I like the idea of a game that largely revolves around robbing banks since when I played with GI Joes, that's pretty much all he did. I like watching stuff on like 70s bank robberies and stuff. It's interesting stuff.

Fun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBm7K9LF28E

Nailec

i played the demo of UT 3 and i am going to buy that game when it becomes cheaper. very awesome.

unfortunatly im not able to run crysis with good fps :(

oldgentlovecraft

Been reading a lot about Manhunt 2's ban and the parent groups freaking out about it.  They already got Rockstar to censor the violence not to mention all the systems already have parental control on them.  What the fuck's the big deal?  Censorship is b.s.

goldpony

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Nov 14, 2007, 12:58 AM
Been reading a lot about Manhunt 2's ban and the parent groups freaking out about it.  They already got Rockstar to censor the violence not to mention all the systems already have parental control on them.  What the fuck's the big deal?  Censorship is b.s.

probably cause the brain dead clerks at the stores that sell the game have no qualms about selling it to a six year old...i once saw an eight year old boy buy the 50 cent game and his parents were nowhere in site. i am normally against censorship too, but even for me that is crossing the line
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: goldpony on Nov 14, 2007, 01:03 AM
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Nov 14, 2007, 12:58 AM

probably cause the brain dead clerks at the stores that sell the game have no qualms about selling it to a six year old...i once saw an eight year old boy buy the 50 cent game and his parents were nowhere in site. i am normally against censorship too, but even for me that is crossing the line

I agree completely.  Instead of holding the industry accountable we should take a closer look at the parents.  The game is awesome and I'm enjoying it, but on some level I've been punished with a censored version because parents won't take the time to limit what their children play or take precautionary measures such as setting parental controls on consoles.