Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Mastodon

Started by Chrisbo, Sep 13, 2006, 05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Hearts Alive!
I hope for a longer and diverse DVD somewhere near the future.

samson simpson

took 6 grams of dried shrooms ( lemon tek) and watched the crack the skye movie while listening to the KNY leak...

it was beautiful..and for the first time I actually got to SEE music

Crazylegs

Facebook status: "writing and recording a song for the new monster's inc. movie!!"

What's next? Star Wars episode 7 soundtrack.

theis

Haha, seriously, that's why I love them.

Can't wait to hear it.

bright lights, big city

they can do no wrong.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftoolsys07

They're starting to work on their next album now, too. I wish the tour with them and AIC and Deftones came here to TX, would have loved to see all three...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

sing blue silver

That is amazing. This is the kind of thing they do that I love.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Nov 10, 2012, 05:44 AM
Hearts Alive!
I hope for a longer and diverse DVD somewhere near the future.

I did it, I saw the future !!!!!

Mastodon - Live at Brixton (Release Date Dec. 10th)

Holy fuck, Im so getting this :D!!!!!!

bright lights, big city

Another live dvd/album? I was at the Aragon live recording, and that was only like 3 years ago.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 28, 2013, 06:59 PM
Another live dvd/album? I was at the Aragon live recording, and that was only like 3 years ago.

I think is going to be digital only :/ I didnt buy aragon because I wanted a longer DVD and this might be a good chance to get it, of course I hope is DVD/Blu-Ray :D

deftones47

If there's going to be a DVD then I don't think it's digital only. I know I'm getting technical here, but that would be streaming, not DVD.

Anyway, I'm excited for this AND the upcoming studio album! :D

theis

Nick Raskulinecz will produce the next Mastodon album!

Can't wait to hear some new tunes.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Atlanta progressive metallers MASTODON will enter the studio in a couple of weeks with producer Nick Raskulinecz (FOO FIGHTERS, RUSH, ALICE IN CHAINS) to begin recording their new album for a 2014 release.
Speaking to RollingStone.com, MASTODON drummer Brann Dailor said: "[Nick is] a rock guy. He's a rocker. He likes to rock. He's done a bunch of our friends' records that sound great. I'm a fan of all the DEFTONES records he's done, all the ALICE IN CHAINS stuff, and he worked with QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE on [their 2002 album] 'Songs For The Deaf'."
According to Dailor, MASTODON has written "18 or 19 songs" for the follow-up to 2011's "The Hunter".
"It's gonna be massive and insane, lots of epic greatness," he said. "There will be lots of huge riffs and new directions. It's real weird, real math-y, real straightforward. It's up, down and all around. It's a culmination of everything for the band. The snowball keeps rolling and collecting snow."
On December 10, Warner Bros. Records will digitally release "Mastodon Live At Brixton", a recording of MASTODON's February 11, 2012 performance at London, England's O2 Academy in Brixton. This sold-out performance was MASTODON's first show at the legendary venue. An audio-only version and a live video version directed by Ryan Mackfall (Crashburn Media) (both featuring the full 97-minute performance) will be available from all digital retailers, including iTunes and Amazon.
In addition to performing "Curl of the Burl", "Black Tongue" and "Dry Bone Valley" from "The Hunter", the band dug into their catalog, unearthing such scorching tracks as "Colony of Birchmen", "Capillarian Crest" and "Iron Tusk".
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mastodon-taps-producer-nick-raskulinecz-for-new-album/#V4FRpcFl805PSc5d.99

"Be afraid, be very afraid"

Yeah thats for sure :\
I really hope I dont have to pass on a Mastodon album like I did with the last one from our guys of Deftones.

Jacob

It's not the producer that worries me, I think he's done a good job on everything I've heard so far.

I simply did not like The Hunter and I'm afraid Mastodon has lost their edge. The two last albums have lacked the intensity, rawness and experimentation of the earlier stuff. And especially The Hunter is little else than straight up rock, nothing that hasn't been done before.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

deftones47

Did anyone see Mastodon's offensive Thanksgiving t-shirt?

deftoolsys07

Quote from: deftones47 on Dec 04, 2013, 02:09 AM

Yeah but I didn't think it was offensive... Looking forward to the brixton dvd... saw one track and it was actually a spot-on performance...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

DeftonesNZ

Yeah haha I saw a photo of Chino on fb somewhere of him holding up his dog both wearing them.

Jacob

Quote from: deftones47 on Dec 04, 2013, 02:09 AM

It's only offensive to those it's aimed at. Those who are either in denial or too ashamed to admit what the white man did to the american indians.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

DeftonesNZ

bright lights, big city

Oh wow, yep that is pretty offensive
DERP