Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Mastodon

Started by Chrisbo, Sep 13, 2006, 05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

decapod

Quote from: tarkil on Jul 08, 2011, 10:19 AM
Really not Mastodon-ish... Does anyone know if the cover is from the same artist that usually do their art (Paul Romano) ?

Cover was done by AJ Fosik. Such a bad ass cover, love the native american vibe.

BillyNo.9

I love it too. It sets it aside so maybe we can expect some really different shit, what with Dave Grohl hanging around the recording studio

Oldnewtype

it definitely looks different from the cover art for every other album, thats for sure.

BillyNo.9

Reminds me of Russian/ Chinese communism, anyone else get that?

Oldnewtype

The logo reminds me of russia, the freaky horse thing reminds me of spain or mexico.

bright lights, big city

reminds me of this

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

As always I expect an awesome record :D

Deadradio

BillyNo.9

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Jul 08, 2011, 07:03 PM
The logo reminds me of russia, the freaky horse thing reminds me of spain or mexico.

I get what you mean man, it kinda looks like a pinata or something. Whats the concept behind this? seeing as they have covered the elements now

spitfire

QuoteCheck out the cover below for Mastodon's new album "The Hunter," based on a sculpture designed by the artist AJ Fosik.

Keep checking back to Mastodonrocks.com for more updates about "The Hunter."

Thaumaturgic Bull por AJ Fosik, no Flickr

RoyalDeftonicBoy

theis

Oldnewtype

you guys i hate to say this but after listening to Leviathan and Remissions lately, i dont know if i really like this new Mastodon so much. Its good but sooo cliche and done-to-death, hope the new album as a whole surprises me more.

BillyNo.9

According to Brann it's gonna be a more riff orientated album compared to Crack the Skye

theis

sing blue silver

i think that link is dead, can anyone please get this song into my ears asap. thanks.

Oldnewtype

haha looks like the link got taken down, I thought it was kinda weird for theprp to post an illegitimate leak. Lucky for you guys i ripped it to mp3.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gais11otq5q97l2

It's aight, hope the rest is better.

sing blue silver

sounds closer to blood mountain. me gusta.

BillyNo.9

Cheers for the rip man  ;D Reckon they'll do a world tour for the album?