Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Unlikely. He and Crook have been doing those streams for awhile now and it's always funk, hip-hop, soul, etc.

Sal_Ameigh

Quote from: Gaz on Aug 01, 2020, 04:01 PM
the new single has guest vocals by Justin Bieber. Didn't see that coming

If you like that you'll love the 1st single from Black Stallion: Passenger remix produced by Kanye West and featuring your boy Tekashi 69.

976-EVIL

The silence in here this weekend is deafening...Maybe Monday will bring us news.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

nicklav

It's the deep breath before the plunge

Formant

The recent events have about doubled the length of this thread in the span of a week. Its ramping up to something, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Matthewtheloser

I have a good feeling that something is on the way in this upcoming week. That being said, I had a good feeling that something was coming this past week as well. Am I masochistically putting myself in a position to be let down yet again? Perhaps. Is that going to stop me from being borderline psychotic and checking on the thread every hour on the hour in hopes of some sort of update? Not a chance.

Matthewtheloser

On a separate note though, I wonder if Deftones will do another electronically-driven track on the new album (ie Teenager, Lucky You, Pink Cellphone). It's something they haven't done for the past few records, but I would love to hear how they would approach that sound in their modern incarnation. I know these tracks are a point of contention for some of the fans, but I have always loved them and how they contribute to the atmosphere of their respective albums (yes, even Pink Cellphone. It's a cool song aside from the whole buttfucking part).

Formant

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 02, 2020, 08:31 PM
On a separate note though, I wonder if Deftones will do another electronically-driven track on the new album (ie Teenager, Lucky You, Pink Cellphone). It's something they haven't done for the past few records, but I would love to hear how they would approach that sound in their modern incarnation. I know these tracks are a point of contention for some of the fans, but I have always loved them and how they contribute to the atmosphere of their respective albums (yes, even Pink Cellphone. It's a cool song aside from the whole buttfucking part).

I'd love a track like that. That experimental "You've Seen The Butcher" demo is pretty cool-- something like that, where the beat changes almost every bar. With Chino gliding over it, it would have a lot going for it.

In general, I'm just curious as to what the "mood" is gonna be for this new album: hopeful and powerful like DE? Gothic and moody like ATF? Some White Pony experimentation? Maybe a little of it all...

Matthewtheloser

That one leaked song reminds me of Diamond Eyes the most. Not that it is indicative of how the whole album will sound of course. Something makes me feel like they have a few tricks up their sleeve for this next one

I would see another guest vocalist on the new one. It's a real long shot, but I'd love to see someone like Chelsea Wolfe on a track. Obviously they have been mingling a bit with the Pasadena Daydream Festival and that Saudade track. It's not too far out of the realm of possibility, and I think she'd fit like a glove on a more dreamy Deftones song.

Roidragee

I hope there's a song like the Konami Code off SNW in the new album. I miss those types of tracks

Inkblades

I'd be up for that, even though I'm sure fans would automatically dub an electronic track as the worst thing on the album lol. I've also been dying for them to play around with some piano-based music again. They've been very successful the few times they've delved into it - Anniversary, Xerces and FYIHYD. That would be awesome, even if it was just a quick interlude.

Vesanic

Inkblades

I'd realistically say two more days, right? And if not two more days, then two more days after those two days.

Roidragee

3 more days until album announcement, and then 2 more days until single. Deftones have never let me down! Its this week, or sometime this year...

sharinglungs

Just from what I've heard, I'm going to guess one of the songs that are out there is the album closer... It's too... Deftones-y not to be. But it's so damn good.

Gaz

Are these leaks still the shitty phone recordings?

Roidragee

Quote from: Gaz on Aug 02, 2020, 10:48 PM
Are these leaks still the shitty phone recordings?
Yeah it still is, its not studio leaks

Sal_Ameigh

Quote from: Formant on Aug 02, 2020, 08:41 PM

I'd love a track like that. That experimental "You've Seen The Butcher" demo is pretty cool-- something like that, where the beat changes almost every bar. With Chino gliding over it, it would have a lot going for it.

In general, I'm just curious as to what the "mood" is gonna be for this new album: hopeful and powerful like DE? Gothic and moody like ATF? Some White Pony experimentation? Maybe a little of it all...

Let's just say album 9 is said to be a contender for a Best Immersive Audio Album Grammy:
https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/

https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/what-is-immersive-audio/

https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/guide-how-to-listen-to-surround-sound-immersive-audio/

sharinglungs

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 03, 2020, 02:43 AM
Quote from: Sal_Ameigh on Aug 03, 2020, 12:28 AM

Let's just say album 9 is said to be a contender for a Best Immersive Audio Album Grammy:
https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/

https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/what-is-immersive-audio/

https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/guide-how-to-listen-to-surround-sound-immersive-audio/

Is this just a guess from what you have heard of the album? Or do you have good reason to think this is a possibility?

I think he's just goofing

Prty

Chuck Doom's set location on his recent instagram post seems interesting, wont say more then that.