Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Saturday Night Wrist Review/Interview List

Started by Subliminal, Oct 29, 2006, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Far away

Martin

There's a review in the new OOR and an interview in the new Aardschok...might someone have that and want to upload it... 8)

Jizzlobber

sweet, all the info you need all in one. nice one 8)
<

stoneFeD

so did you all read the revolver mag. itt was more interesting than the metal edge mag. but it talked about  pretty much every magazine or intervews topic

333tone

Ok, here's a review from a Greek mag(it s translated, so excuse me if i make some mistakes!): Judging from the opening-as powerful as it gets- riff of SNW, you know that you're dealing with a Deftones album, a band that was never kidding about their music, and tried to avoid as hell the "filthy" nu-metal label. This may be the reason why singers like Sepultura's/Soulfly's Max Cavalera and Tool's Maynard James Keenan accepted to make guest appearances on their albums. This also may be the reason why this time SOAD' s Serj Tankian guests. Deftones were the first to gain the respect of many bands, mainly due to their different sound from the majority of the hard-rock bands of the last 15 years. SNW is another diverse Deftones record. It's amazing how from the brutal riffs of 'Hole In The Earth' they preceed to the ambient "break" of "Interlude"(the influence of Team Sleep is obvious) or from Faith No More's "mania" on 'FM' and 'RATS', they mix post-rock with Sabbath's doom on 'Beware'. Apart from Tankian(on the surprisingly alternative 'Mein'), there's a guest appearance from Giant Drag's Annie Hardy on the dub/industrial experiment of 'Pink Cell Phone', a song that many who don't know that Deftones is a band that doesn't have the "stop-begin" structures as a hobby, and always liked the distorted vocals and the heavy guitars as the base of their songs, will not like. Oh, and we shouldn't forget to mention that they are the same band that covered Cocteau Twins, Duran Duran and Depeche Mode,mention as main influences The Smiths and The Cure and toured with Korn, Slayer, etc. How can they not be different? TOP TRACKS: 'HOLE IN THE EARTH','COMBAT', 'RATS'.

7/10

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Frankz0r

Rada

Chi is a funny guy! "Making sandwiches" LOL
furiously fucking furious

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

333tone

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

tarkil

Quote from: 333tone on Dec 14, 2006, 08:17 PM
Decibel Mag interview

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/features/jan2007/deftones/seemless.aspx

That was a great read... Lots of new things that I wasn't aware of. Thank you very much.

Damn, Chino got his first child at the age of 20 ??? That's freakingly young... :o

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Subliminal

Quote from: tarkil on Dec 15, 2006, 10:57 AM
Quote from: 333tone on Dec 14, 2006, 08:17 PM
Decibel Mag interview

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/features/jan2007/deftones/seemless.aspx

That was a great read... Lots of new things that I wasn't aware of. Thank you very much.

Damn, Chino got his first child at the age of 20 ??? That's freakingly young... :o

Yeah man, great read.

Back then having a child that young probably wasn't that rare, But one of my mates had a kid when he was 14!! 14!?! crazy man.

rxqueen

^^ That's great. They can go out together soon! :D

Subliminal

Quote from: rxqueen on Dec 19, 2006, 12:32 AM
^^ That's great. They can go out together soon! :D

Yeah i know, crazy :D my mum had me when she was 17 i think.

But aaaanyway, I saw a new poster of Chino in Kerrang! I must buy it before this Wednesday.

Martin

Could you scan that too?

Nice interview in the Decibel Devils (20 and a kid...man...that IS early).

stoneFeD

has anyone read the new DRUM!. abe is the cover story. talking about what everyone else is talkning about. and some in depth drum talk. i couldnt find the archive on the site. but if you see it in the store read it. its goot