Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Saturday Night Wrist Review/Interview List

Started by Subliminal, Oct 29, 2006, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaz

lol, Steph not holding back on what he thinks of Chino, but it's probably all tongue in cheek.

cyppe101

White Wrist

Quote from: Gaz on Mar 13, 2007, 02:49 PM
lol, Steph not holding back on what he thinks of Chino, but it's probably all tongue in cheek.

maybe.but he should forget that. he is always saying the same thing. Chino had a bad time. So...it´s gone. Maybe isn´t good talk about that issues all the time. But they are friends, so...it seems everything is cool.Nice steph. Sex and golf all the time.

Hidalgo

the next album should be interesting. 8 sting guitar, & solos(if he sticks to his recent plans, he could change his mind obviously)

Far away

Quote from: Gaz on Mar 13, 2007, 02:49 PM

i agree with you.. btw thanks for all the links. cool read :)

– During the conception of SNW, Maverick was pressuring you quite a lot so that they could get some control over this project. What is your feeling about that?

lol

hahah stef is the man

333tone

for some reason, i can't watch that interview, it's not loading. is there anything interesting said?

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Deftones-argentina

thanks stu! I think the most interesting info is that chino talks more about Entertain me.

White Wrist

and some news...about a new dvd, probably (?)

we are waiting...

Hidalgo

that was a pretty good interview. different questions for a change instead of "how did the band get started?" "what was it like working with Bob Ezrin?", etc

it's cool that they talked about Entertain me, but it sounds like they didn't like it much, so i doubt we'll ever see it as an official dvd

cyppe101

stoneFeD

law

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 15, 2007, 05:11 AM
the next album should be interesting. 8 sting guitar, & solos(if he sticks to his recent plans, he could change his mind obviously)

Stef doesn't appear to get his way so, I'd take some of what he says light heartedly, like Gaz was pointing at.

law

Quote from: blondie on Mar 30, 2007, 12:36 PM
snw is a marvelous accomplishment.
a prodigious achievement.
it's putrid.

nice, gracious tone there hehe

dawg

here is a new interview done by some german dude before the berlin show

http://www.hypebeast.com/stevenvogel/

QuoteStephen went up close and the dude was dead. We called the cops and it turned out that this dude had a heart attack whilst driving, pulled up the curb, took a dump, sat down and died.
:D

stoneFeD

Quote from: dawg on Apr 04, 2007, 08:21 AM
here is a new interview done by some german dude before the berlin show

http://www.hypebeast.com/stevenvogel/

QuoteStephen went up close and the dude was dead. We called the cops and it turned out that this dude had a heart attack whilst driving, pulled up the curb, took a dump, sat down and died.
:D

that guy is american you fool. thats a good interview i like how the guys took a shit and died

Subliminal

Quote from: tarkil on Mar 13, 2007, 02:35 AM
New interview of Stef, courtesy of french website www.deftnz.net :
http://pinkmaggit.free.fr/interviews22.html

Lots of interesting things said in there. It also look like they still didn't go that over it with Chino's stuff...
Anyway, good read.

That's one heavy interview.

I don't think Stef worries about what he says about Chino or anything else, Because it's highly unlikely that Chino will ever read that shit.

samson simpson

yoda on mars

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/stephen_carpenter_deftones_guitarist_grooves_on_saturday_night.html

interview with stephen taken from ULTIMATE GUITAR

if it was posted before tell me, I'll' delete the post.

Quote from: stephen carpenter

How did the collaboration with Serj Tankian from System Of A Down come about?

It came about because Chino had no ideas for the songs. We have the same management as Serj, and they suggested that maybe the two of them could work on it and break the ice to see if something would come out. They had given Serj the song, and he actually did vocals on the entire song, and he wrote them and recorded them all in one day, which was a total slap in Chino's face. He hadn't done anything for it in over a year! The band has problems, and the only way we'll ever deal with the problems is if the problems are dealt with as they are. This was the only way we were ever going to get songs written faster, which is really what it came down to. We can take forever on it. The record was becoming our own version of The Chinese Democracy. I personally do not want to take a lifetime to create a song. I can start on a song in the morning, and by the end of the night, it will be finished. That's how I work.

Did the band have a lot of songs written which didn't get used on the album?

All of the ones that didn't get used were songs that I wrote, or songs that Chi wrote. I'll tell you what. All problems aside, and everything that we've dealt with, the greatest part of going through this process is that it has brought us all closer together. We have so many ideas and such a great view of the future. The truth is that the future is looking good for us, and it brought us together, in spite of how crappy and trying the moments have been. Had we not gone through that, we'd be different. But we've gone through it, and we're always going to go through it. The reality is that maybe the next record will be a smash or maybe it's an absolute flop. Whatever the case, it's strictly going to be determined by sales and people's opinions. But at the end of the day, we're still a group of friends that enjoy making music together, and we'll still make it. You know, I've really grown a serious distaste for the entire music industry because it's so based on sales, and that disgusts me. Music has lost its true beauty. And those who actually follow their beliefs and make stuff that they truly love, regardless of who buys it, those are the people I love. But this never-ending sales business, I can't understand that mentality

Deftones-argentina

Thank you Yoda, didn't know about this one.