Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Saturday Night Wrist Review/Interview List

Started by Subliminal, Oct 29, 2006, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

Quote from: anothermarine on May 26, 2009, 04:06 AM
IMO Xerces was the pinnacle of that entire CD.  Especially the outtro.

it would've been even more great if the outro was like the one in the demo, love that guitar

snw9

Ive been searching for the shaun lopez interview where he mentioned some interesting details about SNW. For example, how he lied about Rapture being intense and huge on the record (its still amazing song but not the way he described it), the pre-leak of beware sounded like ass, cherry waves was his favorite during that moment, and briefly talked about his role on the record. Anyone have a copy or a link?

There's the interview with the detailed review of each track by Chino but thats dead as well.
Code: [Select]

bewareofrats

I didn't find a more dedicated SNW thread so I'm posting this in here.

I think my only problem with Mein is Serj and the switch in sound when he comes in.  He was a terrible collaboration idea in my opinion and wrecks the song for me.  I would quite like the song as a whole I think if he wasn't in it and it was around 2 and a half minutes.

I'm starting to think Rivière is my favourite Deftones song.

Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

chuckles

Quote from: bewareofrats on Oct 16, 2012, 11:48 PM
I didn't find a more dedicated SNW thread so I'm posting this in here.

I think my only problem with Mein is Serj and the switch in sound when he comes in.  He was a terrible collaboration idea in my opinion and wrecks the song for me.  I would quite like the song as a whole I think if he wasn't in it and it was around 2 and a half minutes.

I'm starting to think Rivière is my favourite Deftones song.

it wasnt serj.. it was slowpez all along...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

deftoolsys07

I don't think Serj's part sounds bad. If Chino sang his part, I think it would sound weird. Not Chino's voice sounding weird exactly, but since it's like an abrupt switch, it only makes since to have a different person sing that part. It would sound out of place if the same singer sang that part, and I think Serj fits perfectly there... but that's just MY OPINION. haha

edit: it's not a fact, it's just my opinion, IMO
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Visitant

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Oct 17, 2012, 01:02 AM
I don't think Serj's part sounds bad. If Chino sang his part, I think it would sound weird. Not Chino's voice sounding weird exactly, but since it's like an abrupt switch, it only makes since to have a different person sing that part. It would sound out of place if the same singer sang that part, and I think Serj fits perfectly there... but that's just MY OPINION. haha

edit: it's not a fact, it's just my opinion, IMO

Serj's part doesn't sound "bad".  If you like Serj it sounds cool.  I don't but it does sound like Serj.  But 'Mein' is probably my least fav. Deftones song and that's because of Serj's part.  When I think about what I don't like about it I can't think of anything except for Serj's part.  And that's not 'cause I don't dig Serj's voice.  I just don't think he sounds good with Chino in a Deftones song.  At least not that song.  Serj's voice fits System of a Down's music perfectly.  Deftones?  Not so much.  Thing is, if Chino just sang some other part altogether on that part of the song I'd probably like the song a lot more.
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

Sett

I never understood the bashing of this album. There are such gems on it. Probably people dislike if for non-musical reasons.
And I hope the group to stop ignoring the album on the live gigs.

bewareofrats

I just want to say, Chino's screaming sounds fine and dandy on this album.  It gets too much criticism.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

SquealLikeaPig

I've been listening to SNW for the last couple of days and just realized how much I love that damn album.  It has climbed all the way up to #2 on my favorite Deftones albums.

cesar421

I'm impressed that practically Chino didn't care for this album and the band nearly broke up and end up being an awesome album.
Probably their best album to date though.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: cesar421 on Oct 17, 2012, 07:28 PM
I'm impressed that practically Chino didn't care for this album and the band nearly broke up and end up being an awesome album.
Probably their best album to date though.
Chino cared for it he said he just didn't like how long it took and mostly blamed the record company who wanted a commercial hit,still a very good effort some real killer songs but for me there was no consistency to it.

Inkblades

Xerces is brilliant...except for Chino's "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODBYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" part over and fucking over again.

DeftonesNZ

I kind of like that bit but i can see why some don't i am the same with hexagram with the "worship!,pray!" bit just kills it