Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

have the Deftones (finally) sold out?

Started by ltd_viper, Nov 01, 2006, 04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

Quote from: ltd_viper on Nov 01, 2006, 04:07 AM
Ok. this is an honest question...there is no punch line at the end!

This is my opinion, so even though Im gonna get 1,000,000 little Chino lovers complaining that Im tone def and that im an egg, but i honestly think that they've sold out/past their use by date/gone to shit

I just want to discuss. they're not pushing the envelope in regards to music, it's like they've found a style that they're comfortable with and haven't moved from it.

I was really dissapointed with SLW...there are some wicked ideas on it, but they weren't explored enough.

Im an original Deftones fan (saw them WWWWWAAAAAAYYYY back in 98 with about 50 other people), so don't bash me or i'll find you and french you!!!!

i havent heard a deftones song on tv or radio on years. or even any mention of them

so how can u say they sold out

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Black Elvis

damn this board is mentally draining, peoples opionons are so PCP and far out and retarded i dont know where they find any pleasure in the deftones music at all. its ok if you dont like some of their shit or whatever, but some take it to a level of intellectual retardation and say things that are the complete opposite of the truth.
i am the black elvis

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 16, 2007, 01:57 AM
Delicous melissa ticklish in your mothers delicious citrus clitorious

marty

Oh, do piss off!!!!!

In this day and age, what would you prefer:
being able to LIVE and still play the music you love
or
be true and die broke and hungry.

Its so easy to point the finger when your sitting at your PC, drinking Coke, wearing your Nikes and acting punk.

Also, Fireal1222, read Korys (ltd_vipers) other posts. Personaly, when I hear SNW, it just lacks the fire of their other LPs. For me, ATF was breath-taking. There is so much power to it.

Black Elvis

Quote from: marty on Jun 08, 2007, 12:02 AM
Oh, do piss off!!!!!

In this day and age, what would you prefer:
being able to LIVE and still play the music you love
or
be true and die broke and hungry.

Its so easy to point the finger when your sitting at your PC, drinking Coke, wearing your Nikes and acting punk.

Can i get a blowjob with that foreplay?

man, i would definitley prefer to die broke and hungry for somthing i loved, ill die any way i have to if its 4 somthing i love, you just ripped into the heart of my passions, my philosophys, thats why ill make it, thats why all of you fake it, i'm down for death 4 this.
i am the black elvis

marty

Do you still live with your parents?

Black Elvis

Quote from: marty on Jun 08, 2007, 12:26 AM
Do you still live with your parents?

Yeah i just moved back with them after being gone for a year, why what shit are you going to talk? i like having everything paid 4, why not? i lived in shit 4 a year. i was born on a rez and grew up poor then my parents got educations and now im spoiled so what? i know both sides.
i am the black elvis

marty

I was gonna say that your whole outlook will change once you have to start paying bills.

After 3 months of nothing but potatoes and noodles, you change your outlook.

Black Elvis

Quote from: marty on Jun 08, 2007, 12:45 AM
I was gonna say that your whole outlook will change once you have to start paying bills.

After 3 months of nothing but potatoes and noodles, you change your outlook.

yeah i figured and don't worry i've been there and done that, shit me and brooke didn't have a motherfuckin thing, i had to sell all my guitars and amps for us to survive. thats when i realized i was definitley meant to be a singer 2.
i am the black elvis

marty

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 08, 2007, 12:48 AM
shit me and brooke didn't have a motherfuckin thing, i had to sell all my guitars and amps for us to survive.
Well, I hope it was worth it!!!!!

Black Elvis

in love, everything is done beyond good and evil. of course it was. realizing your dreams is always worth it.
i am the black elvis

marty

Black Elvis

Quote from: marty on Jun 08, 2007, 01:09 AM
And look where it got you!

full of wisdom and notebooks filled with beautiful lines. and oh yeah a band. you don't even have a band anymore and you didn't even get a piece of ass. look where it got you.
i am the black elvis

marty

i do have a band (two even), knifeParty is on hold cause we have a new bass player and are re-writing all out songs and I've starting recording, so Im pretty busy with that.

And, I've had the same 'piece of ass' for about 10 years now.

Black Elvis

thats a shame, i have like 12 wives. they all feed me grapes.
i am the black elvis

theis

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 07, 2007, 11:43 PM
Quote from: theis on Jun 07, 2007, 09:46 PM
How the fuck did Incubus sell out?

They make the music they love and are sincere about it.

what a fanboy. Incubus sold out back on make yourself, which is actually my favorite record of theirs. but they sold out, and that anorexic fool brandon boyd modeled for GAP, let me repeat that, brandon boyd modeled for GAP! thats the biggest sellout move in the history of rock n roll.

and if anyone, ANYONE in the buisness is makin music they love and are sincere about it is the DEFTONES.

Well ofcourse I defend Incubus, they're my favorite band. They never sold out. It would be boring if they made SCIENCE 5 times in a row. They progress as a band and as people. Each of their records are special in their own way, Morning View being me favorite album ever...for many reasons.

And Brandon is anorexic? Haha, he looks pretty normal to me.

And about the Gap commercial; He didn't get ONE dollar for doing it. It was for charity reasons, so don't talk about stuff you know anything about.

Black Elvis

No he didn't thats just the lie fans made up to secure there love for their shitty band. Don't buy into lies. anger arises. anger should be a gift.
i am the black elvis

theis

Haha, it's amazing how much shit you can write in one sentence.

Never ceases to amaze me.

theis

no

what a sweet thing to say about your lover.

cute <3