Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

have the Deftones (finally) sold out?

Started by ltd_viper, Nov 01, 2006, 02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 07, 2007, 10:36 PM
No he didn't thats just the lie fans made up to secure there love for their shitty band. Don't buy into lies. anger arises. anger should be a gift.
Dude, it is a proven fact that Brandon DID do the commercial for charity!

And I have nothing on Incubus, they still make damn nice music

Black Elvis

i am the black elvis

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 15, 2007, 10:57 PM
Delicous melissa ticklish in your mothers delicious citrus clitorious

georgie

I've never seen them doing stupid commercials or making ads which make obvious that they've sold out. They're just incredible, and have one of the most unique and interesting sound. Just think things thoroughly before posting your opinion.

I think it's sweet of you, and I know you're proud.

marty

Quote from: georgie on Jun 08, 2007, 01:02 AM
I've never seen them doing stupid commercials or making ads which make obvious that they've sold out. They're just incredible, and have one of the most unique and interesting sound. Just think things thoroughly before posting your opinion.
hmmmm:
Back to school (song and video)
be Quiet and Drive Video

Chino has said many times that he was dead against Back to school and the BQAD Video....but they still did it. It has more to do with their label

Black Elvis

they just didn't produce those videos the way they wanted 2, its not that big of a deal at all, they werent gonna get any more rich or famous because of it and chino didn't go and model or put his face in every camera.
i am the black elvis

skinnypuppy

making money doesnt mean selling out
having a video on mtv doesnt mean selling out
having a song played on the radio doesnt mean selling out
playing a large venue doesnt mean selling out
releasing a bad album doesnt mean selling out

The Captain

BQAD video is eh, but Back To School (song moreso than video) is definitely a point.

But the thing with Deftones is they happen and move on and redeem themselves. Yeah, they went a direction they didn't want to under label pressure, but that pleased the label/masses and allowed them to do the Back To School Tour, so they make make things work for them in the end.

jv_

anyone notice Abe's new snare on this tour?

law

Quote from: jv_ on Jun 08, 2007, 07:10 AM
anyone notice Abe's new snare on this tour?

No, care to indulge?

Selling out usually means doing well for yourself too, so it's a pointless, misleading phrase in my opinion.

jv_

vaginas.
thats all.
just vaginas.
all around

ALightOn

Quote from: theis on Jun 07, 2007, 07:37 PM
Quote from: ALightOn on Jun 07, 2007, 06:48 PM
Quote from: theis on Jun 07, 2007, 06:46 PM
How the fuck did Incubus sell out?

They make the music they love and are sincere about it.

...maybe that's why Dirk left...just maybe...probably more or less but more on the more side...I think that's right...

You're not making any sense.

You're saying Dirk left because Incubus is making music they love and are sincere about it? No.

Dirk left because of musical differences in the band

MAYBE he left to avoid the shit that is going on now...I never said..."music they love and are sincere about it"...you did; my point about Dirk leaving was he didn't want to get to the point that Incubus is at now, right or wrong,,,man, I forgot about that fucking GaP commercial...

Rada

Deftones "sold out" is nonsense. I heard HITE a couple of times on FM radio, but that's it. In comparison, I saw "Bored" on MTV about 10-20 times in 1996-97.
furiously fucking furious

no

Quote from: jv_ on Jun 09, 2007, 05:34 AM
vaginas.
thats all.
just vaginas.
all around

he's had that snare for a while now, n00b.

DEFinMASS

I seen them live for the 21`st time since 11-26-97 in Worcester,Massachusetts last Thursday night  and "no" they haven`t sold out.

nineteenpeoplesnames

same old things being discussed about a band. The same happens with almost every band that has some kind of success.

The band have not sold out and have sold out. Just depends on who you speak to.

If you like it, listen to it....

If not, don't.

If you have an opinion it doesn't matter, won't mean shit to most people. Like this message, i know it won't mean anything to alot of people on here.

Although i felt compelled to write it so therefore i'm a hypocrite and this message is pointless!

SHIT

Black Elvis

since they've started they keep going backwards if you dont know your history every record is suppose 2 b the next big thing and it never is it always fails in someones perspective. of what it "coulda been." every record is a consicous attempt at not selling out, unconsiously.
i am the black elvis

Black Elvis

and i know ya'll can agree with that cuz theres alot of SNW hate and that brings up another point remember Self Titled and all that hate that got then people start to like it after a while after the fuckin listened to it then they were like yeah well thats pretty badass and theres suppose to be the new comin soon im glad i liked it now cause i understand it and the next one is suppose to be even way more amazing and is gonna sell more copies then white pony and blah blah blah the you hype it and bitch and wait another 3 years then finally love that, then another big dissapointment cause they didnt go mainstream and follow the trends they create so they keep chuggin along as always and whats wrong with that, whats wrong with 12 perfect tracks ever 3 years?
i am the black elvis

no

world's longest, idiotic sentence.